RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
His game was below average on whole, but that 3rd period brought it close to average.

No points, I think he was even for the day. Was on for one for and one against, had nothing to do with either goal. Might have been on for a 2nd gf in the 2nd, but he was skating off on the change, was at the door when the goal was scored.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
His game was below average on whole, but that 3rd period brought it close to average.

No points, I think he was even for the day. Was on for one for and one against, had nothing to do with either goal. Might have been on for a 2nd gf in the 2nd, but he was skating off on the change, was at the door when the goal was scored.

Boqvist was perfectly fine the whole game.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Can’t defend, physically overmatched even at U20, effort issues, concussion history. A 75 foot player.

But sure, actually asking questions is overreacting.

It's obvious you got a hard on for Boqvist for some reason. Now, that doesn't mean your assessment of him is totally wrong - just that you have a bias so your assessment is seen through that bias.

I don't think anyone thinks he doesn't need to get bigger/stronger to be able to play in the NHL but he just turned 18 all of 3 weeks ago. Will he get bigger/stronger? That's what the Hawks are hoping happens so that his undeniably great skating and offensive skills can translate to the NHL. His probability of success factor is lower than a Bouchard but his potential ceiling is higher - at lease that's what Hawks management thought,

Reactions: Castle8130

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
How was his game on the whole? Any points for Boqvist? Goals against while he was on the ice?

I thought he played pretty well. Without replay or play-by-play I'm not sure if he was on for any goals against - don't think so but not sure. He didn't hit the score sheet but he moved the puck well and had a couple nice moves in the o-zone. Three more games to go to get a better assessment.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Saw the last 2 periods of today’s game(had to park at the Little League Fields, place is packed) and what I saw wasn’t as good as his third period yesterday, but a continuation of it. He was an engaged, more than adequate defender. They even had him PK on a 5 on 3 and a 5 on 4 and actually did what you want out of any defender.

The offence still isn’t there(yet),still doesn’t bring the puck out under pressure, but he’s passed a hurdle I hadn’t seen out of him either in person or against men in the last year.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Saw the last 2 periods of today’s game(had to park at the Little League Fields, place is packed) and what I saw wasn’t as good as his third period yesterday, but a continuation of it. He was an engaged, more than adequate defender. They even had him PK on a 5 on 3 and a 5 on 4 and actually did what you want out of any defender.

The offence still isn’t there(yet),still doesn’t bring the puck out under pressure, but he’s passed a hurdle I hadn’t seen out of him either in person or against men in the last year.

He had a couple nice plays in the o-zone earlier in the game (not sure if it was 1st period). One of them he skated the puck right down Broadway and slipped a pass to someone on the opposite side of the net who got off a shot the goalie stopped and the crowd went "ooooohhhhh". So, he's jumping in and making plays but they haven't resulted in scores yet.

Reactions: AmericanDream

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Boqvist had a meh first preseason game, but the kid outplayed every defensemen the Hawks had in tonight's game. Admittedly, the only NHLer in that group was Brandon Manning (who was as awful as Philly fans warned us he was), but Boqvist was very special.

It'd still be a mistake to have him play in the NHL this year. He needs to add size and get a bit more experience, but he looks close already. He'll be in the NHL in a year (or a year and a month if we're getting technical).

Reactions: NuxFan09

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Played his first OHL game today. Knights lost, he got no points, and was a -2, but one of those minuses came from an empty netter, and he led every skater (for both teams) in shots on goal with 6. So not bad for his first game in a new league.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Played his first OHL game today. Knights lost, he got no points, and was a -2, but one of those minuses came from an empty netter, and he led every skater (for both teams) in shots on goal with 6. So not bad for his first game in a new league.
Sounds good. Amount of shots shows he's a dominant presence and we know he's got some work to do on the defensive end so the -2 isn't shocking. Once the team has spent some more time gelling, I think the Knights will be really good this year.

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Knights fans will be in for a treat this season (as every other season I guess... :laugh:)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I love this kid and his potential. He's so electric. One of my favourite prospects from the 2018 draft. I am pretty sure I said last winter if Boqvist went #2 in this draft. I would have no problem with this. I am sticking by this. He's going to make a big impact in the NHL.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
After a quiet start he is up to PPG now. 10 points in his last 7 games and 6 points in the last 3 games. No goals yet though.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
After a quiet start he is up to PPG now. 10 points in his last 7 games and 6 points in the last 3 games. No goals yet though.

Haven't seen him play but that 0% shooting percentage looks unsustainable. He's shooting a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->