RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Did he play in the AHL that season?
I just said he was a CHL player and he couldnt play in the AHL, it was either NHL or juniors. He was drafted 7th overall and sent back to juniors twice. I think hes doing okay now dont you think?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just said he was a CHL player and he couldnt play in the AHL, it was either NHL or juniors. He was drafted 7th overall and sent back to juniors twice. I think hes doing okay now dont you think?

I was talking about players who are AHL-eligible.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I was talking about players who are AHL-eligible.
I'm using it as an example. Just because Boqvist might not make it to the AHL let alone the NHL doesn't mean he isn't worth a top 10 pick. Had he stayed in Sweden I'm sure he would've been given more minutes in the Swedish League or Allsvenskan than what he was given this season. Now this kid isn't my favorite prospect what so ever, but he does have the talent to be a top 10 pick and this will be his first season in North America as well so give him a break.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Boqvist is good enough for the AHL. OHL might be a better fit in terms of development this season for him though.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I think his realistic timetable would be the 2020/21 season although I wouldn't be surprised if he only needed one year in London before making the jump. He needs to build quite a bit of strength and work on his defensive game but he'll be able to do both quite well with London.

If he is as dominant in the OHL as I think he could be, he'll be in the NHL the next year. Is he eligible to play in the AHL for the 2019/20 season? If so I think he would go there if he still needs some maturing but maybe a year back in the SHL is in the cards.
2020/21 season i would think so too. And i think it would be better for him to play in SHL than OHL and best to play in AHL if it is possible. But maby he has a better chance to get to NHL faster through OHL. Dont know.

Im quite new here myself but Welcome to the HFboard!

Reactions: cowgirlcath

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Dont think we will have any regrets taking hughes.

My rankings pre draft were
Dahlin
Hughes
Boqvist
Bouchard
Dobson

With that said i really liked boqvist to, not alot of separation. Hawks made the right pick imo.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I am as objective as the canadians on this site.
The majority of fans on this site, regardless of the nationality they are, perfectly capable of discussing talented players from different nations, where as every time I see you, you completely demean a players talent if they arent Swedish. Stop.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
The majority of fans on this site, regardless of the nationality they are, perfectly capable of discussing talented players from different nations, where as every time I see you, you completely demean a players talent if they arent Swedish. Stop.
nope i am not. I recently discussed lindros vs malkin, kariya vs selanne, etc etc etc etc

IF you are so sensitive, there is an ignore button for a reason feel free to use it.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
nope i am not. I recently discussed lindros vs malkin, kariya vs selanne, etc etc etc etc

there is an ignore button for a reason feel free to use it.
You also said and I quote “forsberg > lindros”. Now that is a perfectly reasonable debate in itself, but with all the Swedish homer posts you make demeaning any players talent and achievements because theyre not Swedish makes your opinion meaningless.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
You also said and I quote “forsberg > lindros”. Now that is a perfectly reasonable debate in itself, but with all the Swedish homer posts you make demeaning any players talent and achievements because theyre not Swedish makes your opinion meaningless.
I have the opinion that forsberg > Lindros and I have the right to have it. ok deal with it and stop crying.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I have the opinion that forsberg > Lindros and I have the right to have it. ok deal with it and stop crying.
Your right, you have the right to an opinion, but your opinion means nothing thanks to your other meaningless opinions of players who arent Swedish. Cry about it.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Your right, you have the right to an opinion, but your opinion means nothing thanks to your other meaningless opinions of players who arent Swedish. Cry about it.
my opinion means as much as yours. It is not right or wrong.

So why are you so annoyed that I like Swedish players? Why would it matter what nationality they are from?

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
One thing I would say about Boqvist - I think he's a terrific defensive player. I watched a handful of his SHL games in addition to all the international games, and he is almost flawless in his body positioning, recognition and stickwork including against grown men. The people who created the narrative that he's not good defensively are clueless, IMO.

What I do worry about is if he can really produce at higher levels; one would think he can based on the intelligence and skill, but there's a bit of doubt there. He's not as dynamic of a skater as Hughes or Makar. His shot is good but a little overrated. Does he have that killer instinct when the game is fast-paced? In the SHL he was complete a non-factor offensively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad