RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The dude is a massive and annoying Swedish homer
He can still be right. Boqvist might be the better one one in the long run. He might also never get to NHL. Thats what the future is there for. To sort sht out so we dont have to.

Last edited:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Your right, you have the right to an opinion, but your opinion means nothing thanks to your other meaningless opinions of players who arent Swedish. Cry about it.
Every country have there homers.Me myself mostly follow my swedes. And i think the finnish and canadian homers been the worst against swedes and its probably vice versa. But they also been some of the best here at Hf. The worst homers are the arrogant ones the best are driven by passion. But you have to take the good with the bad. And i would never rule out all opinions some person have based on other opinions the same person had.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
This doesn't lock him into the Knights. We could still see a situation like Roslovic who signed with London, but was good enough at the Jets training camp, they sent him to the AHL.
double check your info . I believe he was never signed they just had his OHL rights. It was up to the Jets on where he ended up

Last edited:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
If a Hawks fan isnt happy about the pick, its just that he doesnt know about him.

As a Hawks fan I am extremely pleased we got Boqvist. Toward the end of the season when we knew the Hawks would miss the playoffs, the focus was on where the Hawks would draft and it generally ranged from 7th to 10th depending on the outcome of the last few games. Therefore, I didn't think we had a chance to get Boqvist and I was hoping to get either Bouchard or Dobson. I think Hawks fans who are unhappy with Boqvist would have preferred a bigger d-man like Bouchard or Dobson but they will come around when they watch Boqvist in London this season.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
If a Hawks fan isnt happy about the pick, its just that he doesnt know about him.

A lot of fans were hoping for Hughes or Wahlstrom and then started to become concerned over Boqvist's concussion issues. Plus, the consensus was that Boqvist was the furthest away from the NHL and hence the riskiest even though his upside was known. Other fans wanted the Hawks to trade the pick for immediate help. So I don't think it was a dislike of Boqvist as much as wanting a different player or the team to make a trade.

Personally, I wanted Wahlstrom but understood what Boqvist could become. At the end of the day, I trust the Hawks draft picks since they have done an excellent job over the years.

That video was interesting. How is Kelley and Bowman finalizing that pick while sitting on the floor in Dallas? You would think they know exactly who they are taking based on who is available. Unless a trade is presented, there should have been very little to discuss. Maybe it was just for the cameras.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I also had him 3OA. Jealous that the Hawks landed him, but the Oilers probably would have passed and/or somehow ruined his development anyway.

Reactions: Mrb1p and lawrence

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Boqvist had a decent 3rd period today, but the 1st 40 minutes was seriously underwhelming. All the things I didn't like about his game, very little of the good things. A long shot to make the U20 team to begin with, barring injury or Brannstrom & Liljegren making their NHL clubs, games like that will keep him off even as a 7th D.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Honestly didnt really notice him much unfortunately.

Unimpressive from what ive seen so far at the showcase

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I thought he was pretty good. Sweden's coaching is atrocious

Loved the East-West pass at his own blue line to Team USA
Loved the turnover at the end of the period on the PP, especially loved the lack of hustle getting back. Also loved the general lack of hustle getting back when a forward was covering for him when he jumped in. The one goal for that he was on for, he flew the zone so quick, yet had nothing to do with the play beyond being on ice.
Loved the attempted 1 handed stand up when he got got turned into a revolving door.
Loved how a puck moving defender never really brought it out of his own end, made 1 decent break out pass, usually deferred to Ginning to do the puck management in their own end.

And this is a coach's kid.

On the positive side, it looks like he's grown a little more as the size difference between him and Ginning wasn't as pronounced and his 3rd period wasn't bad. Wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. For him, that's progress.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Loved the turnover at the end of the period on the PP, especially loved the lack of hustle getting back. Also loved the general lack of hustle getting back when a forward was covering for him when he jumped in. The one goal for that he was on for, he flew the zone so quick, yet had nothing to do with the play beyond being on ice.
Loved the attempted 1 handed stand up when he got got turned into a revolving door.
Loved how a puck moving defender never really brought it out of his own end, made 1 decent break out pass, usually deferred to Ginning to do the puck management in their own end.

On the positive side, it looks like he's grown a little more as the size difference between him and Ginning wasn't as pronounced and his 3rd period wasn't bad. Wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. For him, that's progress.
what did Boqvist do to you?

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
what did Boqvist do to you?

His lousy hockey offended me. He looks super dangerous from the red light in, but the rest of his game is sooo deficient...

Look, he's still only 17 and he might put it together, but(and if they can't do it in London, nobody can) when you have to fix his D, his effort and you hope he fills out, that's an awful lot when his offense hasn't translated against higher levels of competition.

Reactions: HockeyAnalystGenius

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
S

I did not watch the game, maybe he was bad i do not know. in general i do not care much about summer games, the season has not started and they are basically just practice sessions, and can not be taken to seriously.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
S

I did not watch the game, maybe he was bad i do not know. in general i do not care much about summer games, the season has not started and they are basically just practice sessions, and can not be taken to seriously.

It was the same stuff when I saw him live last December, just without the knee injury. For him, it's an opportunity to try and make the U20 team, not just a summer game of shinny. To be fair, that may have affected his game(thinking is death) and if he plays tonight like he played in the 3rd period that will be a solid bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad