RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
The Swedish 2018 class on D is insane. Could be see 15D being drafted for sure which gotta be a record.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
I've only seen him play in TV-pucken and WHC U17, but it looks like he can really walk the blueline and let his wrist shot come to good use:

1:49 (turn down the volume a bit for this one)

0:03

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Thought about making a thread on this guy a couple of days ago lol.

In a limited sample size I've really liked what I've seen from him.

He's gonna light up SuperElit next year.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Thought about making a thread on this guy a couple of days ago lol.

In a limited sample size I've really liked what I've seen from him.

Always liked his game but decided to make this thread after seeing him at the U17/U18 national team camp. He stood out the most.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Finished the tournament with 6 (4+2) points and was really impressive in the games I saw (every game except USA, which wasn't streamed).

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Finished the tournament with 6 (4+2) points and was really impressive in the games I saw (every game except USA, which wasn't streamed).

Scored against USA as well, so that's 7 pts in 4 games. Lead the tournament in scoring as a defenseman. His goals from today:

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
If you would like to see the Hat Trick game against Finland in more depth...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In his twitter profile, it says

Idol: @erikkarlsson65

That's pretty cool that he is so outwardly a big fan of Karlsson, and thats who he's compared to.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Finished the regular season with a 4 assist game against Frölunda J20. That makes him the top scoring D-man in the J20 Superelit Top 10 division with 13 pts in 14 games, pretty darn good for a 16 year old.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Finished the regular season with a 4 assist game against Frölunda J20. That makes him the top scoring D-man in the J20 Superelit Top 10 division with 13 pts in 14 games, pretty darn good for a 16 year old.

Yeah, I looked at the boxscore for that game yesterday. Must've been a crazy game, finished 8-7 and Boqvist with 4 assists.

Very excited to see what he can bring next year. Already a point-generating machine in SuperElit at 16 (and he's a pretty late birthday too). Hopefully he can grow another inch and add some strength over the summer. He could have a dominant draft year.

2018 draft is looking good for Sweden :handclap:

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
Yeah, I looked at the boxscore for that game yesterday. Must've been a crazy game, finished 8-7 and Boqvist with 4 assists.

Very excited to see what he can bring next year. Already a point-generating machine in SuperElit at 16 (and he's a pretty late birthday too). Hopefully he can grow another inch and add some strength over the summer. He could have a dominant draft year.

With a ridiculous depth of high end defensemen talent, if only we could have a class of forwards better than the defensemen... Luxury problems.

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
Nice play from Adam Boqvist

I like this sequence from the 8-7 game against Frölunda. It is at faceoff at start of period 3 and Brynäs is down by 6-4. You will see Adam Boqvist (no 16) talk to his teammate Samuel Asklöf (no 39) before faceoff. 10 seconds later Asklöf scores on a feed from Boqvist. Really clever play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BptPfdO6Flw

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
We're not going to suck enough :(

Saw that he was the only other 16 year old D next to Dahlin named to Sweden's U18 team. He looks really good.

I'm hoping he gets lost in the depth somewhere in the middle of the round (because I'm very confident we're making the playoffs next year) and we can pick him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad