RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Agreed. I was hoping that he'd fall one more pick to 9, but I think this will be the steal of the draft.
He is just so dynamic, I think he is going to be a big impact player. Yes I did remember you were very high on him. I actually do not see much risk on him as others might. His positives will still outweigh whatever negatives that are in his game. Good call on him, we will see how he develops in Chicago.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
So much for Boqvist falling...

Love that Chicago took him. Should be a great organization for him to develop in. They're really going all-in on skilled puck-moving defensemen with Jokiharju, Boqvist and Beaudin. Cool to see.

Don't forget about Ian Mitchell who will be going into his sophomore year at Denver U. He is right there with Jokiharju and Beaudin as far as being a dynamic skater and very gifted offensively. I would put Boqvist a notch above Jokiharju, Beaudin and Mitchell but all of them have the potential to be top-4 PMDs in the NHL.

Reactions: Zaddy

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
As expected:

Probably a wise decision to leave Brynäs. Not only do they have a lot of D-men signed but they also have a very conservative coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawrence

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Knights twitter confirms he's going to the OHL.

Wonder if he'll play on his off side with Bouchard? That pair could be lethal.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Don't understand how the ELC he signed would make any difference here. It only enables him to play in the NHL/AHL, a move to the OHL would still technically require permission from Brynäs. Have to think Rockford hasn't been ruled out.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Don't understand how the ELC he signed would make any difference here. It only enables him to play in the NHL/AHL, a move to the OHL would still technically require permission from Brynäs. Have to think Rockford hasn't been ruled out.

Sounds like Chicago wants him in London next year:

“When we drafted Adam last year in the CHL Import Draft, we were very optimistic that he would one day come to London”, continued Simpson. “We would like to acknowledge Stan Bowman and the Chicago Blackhawks organization in agreeing to send him to London in order to continue his development towards a successful NHL career.”
KNIGHTS SIGN IMPORT PICK – London Knights

Reactions: TheCoach

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I like Boqvist a lot so looks like I'll be watching more Knights games this year, and more live than last year. Didn't even know Knights drafted him in the import draft.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's an odd choice. I definitely expected him to be playing in SHL against adults. Is playing junior hockey really so good for him at this point in his career? Of course, if he wants to learn the NA game, wouldn't AHL have been a more logical destination? I don't really understand...

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's an odd choice. I definitely expected him to be playing in SHL against adults. Is playing junior hockey really so good for him at this point in his career? Of course, if he wants to learn the NA game, wouldn't AHL have been a more logical destination? I don't really understand...
Three things:
  • His SHL team is loaded with defensemen, so a top 4 spot was hardly guaranteed.
  • AHL is probably a bit too much for him ATM. Remember that he's one of the youngest players selected in the draft.
  • So not only will he get more playing time against competition he can handle, but he'll do so on the smaller ice.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I just feel like he has the junior game "solved" and doesn't really have anything more to gain at that level. But of course, there's the NA ice factor so maybe that's why I'm underestimating how worthwhile it would be for him.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
following him most of this season, I am not surprised he went to the London Knights.

He was dominating the junior team, he did get called up multiple times for Brynäs, but didn't really play and when he did it was like 7 minutes of ice time, awesome move for his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->