Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My guess is they're pushing Asuka as the squasher, and they're feeding Billie Kay to her because they're not protecting her.

It'll be disappointing that that's the kind of match they give us in Toronto from the women, but this is kind of the reciprocal effect from Bayley and Asuka being the center of the universe for the entire year, and the call ups of Alexa and Carmella

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Really not much they can do. They booked Asuka as a total unbeatable monster.

It's going to take a lot of building up to get someone in a believable position to beat her.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
End goal is probably going to be Ember Moon, so they're just running filler until they've build her up is my guess. Also with the talk of the women's tournament early next year, that's another legit challenger you can line up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The tournament should go a long way towards fleshing the division out on all levels hopefully.

Even with Moon it is hard to see who and how they choose to unseat Asuka. She is at Brock levels of protection right now.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The tournament should go a long way towards fleshing the division out on all levels hopefully.

Even with Moon it is hard to see who and how they choose to unseat Asuka. She is at Brock levels of protection right now.

Just don't unseat Asuka. Have her relinquish the belt, go up to Smackdown and smash Becky. lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think you have to have someone beat Asuka. I just hope it's a shock when it happens. Or Peyton Royce.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ya she has to lose. God if you had her leave undefeated she would come into the main roster even more unbeatable.

No one on either roster would be credible enough to beat her. She would literally become Brock.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ya she has to lose. God if you had her leave undefeated she would come into the main roster even more unbeatable.

No one on either roster would be credible enough to beat her. She would literally become Brock.

It depends on where the girls are at when she comes up. She's never gone head to head with Becky, Sasha, or Charlotte so as long as Bayley isn't the one on top by the time Asuka came up, you have something to work with in terms of not putting her too far over.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It depends on where the girls are at when she comes up. She's never gone head to head with Becky, Sasha, or Charlotte so as long as Bayley isn't the one on top by the time Asuka came up, you have something to work with in terms of not putting her too far over.

I guess though as someone who has watched her I wouldn't buy any of them going over her.

If she came up tomorrow I wouldn't buy it.

I really hope that they plan to make her a star on the main roster. She is someone you can't be misusing at all. She has to be a big deal from day 1 of the call up.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think Asuka is in a very different place to Lesnar really.

Lesnar is present as someone who's above everyone else on the roster. He's above champions like Bálor, Styles who are at the top. And on top of that he's being protected until someone (Reigns) beats him, so he's very awkward to deal with.

Asuka on the other hand is actually on that level with Bálor and Styles. She has competitive matches with Bayley for example. But now Bayley is gone, the entire women's roster in NXT is basically a pile of Neville or Miz tier women. So there are no Ambrose or Rollins types to face right now. Consequently she looks 'protected', but really is just being booked in the logical way with the current state of the division.

I think it's very possible to build someone up to her level and beat her, it just takes time which they're going to be putting in from now.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think Asuka is in a very different place to Lesnar really.

Lesnar is present as someone who's above everyone else on the roster. He's above champions like Bálor, Styles who are at the top. And on top of that he's being protected until someone (Reigns) beats him, so he's very awkward to deal with.

Asuka on the other hand is actually on that level with Bálor and Styles. She has competitive matches with Bayley for example. But now Bayley is gone, the entire women's roster in NXT is basically a pile of Neville or Miz tier women. So there are no Ambrose or Rollins types to face right now. Consequently she looks 'protected', but really is just being booked in the logical way with the current state of the division.

I think it's very possible to build someone up to her level and beat her, it just takes time which they're going to be putting in from now.

The only one they have on the roster that has a good chance of being built up to beat Asuka is Ember Moon. I don't see any other option for them. Do the tourney, have Moon win, and then have her beat Asuka at Mania's Takeover...but my first choice for Asuka would be to protect her and just let her go to the main roster. They really want to put women on the next level and they really want to have both shows feature women prominently then Asuka needs to be strong and go to Smackdown. I would love to see an Asuka/Lynch match and the occasional cross-brand match for Asuka against any of the four of Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha, and Paige.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think jobbing out the title would make her weak, or unprotected. Her legacy would speak for itself. It would make another woman a star behind her. Didn't hurt Finn Balor.

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Ya I think Asuka should leave NXT undefeated and go to the main roster and keep her aura. I get the idea of putting someone over before you leave, but this is all the same company we're talking about. The focus should be on the main roster, not NXT.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If you feel the need to 'Lesner' her, then you can have her drop the title in a three- or four-way. You could even go as far as doing a match akin to Lesnar vs Ambrose vs Reigns if you wanted to.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I don't think jobbing out the title would make her weak, or unprotected. Her legacy would speak for itself. It would make another woman a star behind her. Didn't hurt Finn Balor.

Looks at injured list... :laugh:

(yes, i know that's not what you meant, just funny to me)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Would she just vacate the belt? How do you go about that?

Same way they did it with Paige. You put her on top immediately and due to 'rules' you strip her of the NXT Title. Although I don't necessarily agree with putting her on top immediately. I do think the multi-woman match is probably the best way to go. Asuka/Moon/whoever else and just have Moon beat whoever else.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jeez, it's been a long time since NXT did a 3- or 4-way on a Takeover, hasn't it?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Same way they did it with Paige. You put her on top immediately and due to 'rules' you strip her of the NXT Title. Although I don't necessarily agree with putting her on top immediately. I do think the multi-woman match is probably the best way to go. Asuka/Moon/whoever else and just have Moon beat whoever else.

It's actually how I want Nakamura's booking to go.

He enters the Rumble as NXT champ. Wins and either does the job and loses the NXT title before Mania or vacates after Mania.

I actually do think Asuka is in Brock territory. Yes her big matches have been competitive but she still hasn't lost.

The top babyface champ Bayley couldn't beat her in two tries and Bayley has beaten everyone up to that point. Their monster heel Jax couldn't beat her either.

I don't think it was on purpose to make her seem untouchable but that is the result of really dominate booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia