Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Highly unlikely.

between getting your head caved in and not competing tonight, I don't think having him stretchered out is on their to do list.

Just makes orton look like a jobbing scrub at this point.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The late flips -

- AJ Styles (-2750) is the really strong favourite to go over Ambrose (+1250).

- Becky Lynch (-400) is the favourite with Nikki being in second place (+320).

- The Usos (-2000) are the strong favourites to go over The Hype Bros (+1000).

- Slater & Rhyno (-2000) are the strong favourites to go over The Field.

- The Miz (-900) is the favourite to go over Dolph Ziggler (+500).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Cena might challenge AJ

The only way that works is if it's set up for AJ to retain and beat the ever-loving **** out of Cena to write him off and they do a championship rematch with Ambrose on Smackdown tonight or next week. Otherwise, that match should be Ambrose-Styles 2.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The only way that works is if it's set up for AJ to retain and beat the ever-loving **** out of Cena to write him off and they do a championship rematch with Ambrose on Smackdown tonight or next week. Otherwise, that match should be Ambrose-Styles 2.

It might be a triple threat with Dean as well.

There really isn't anything else for Cena to do right now. They can't have him ignore AJ with all that AJ is doing and do another feud.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It might be a triple threat with Dean as well.

There really isn't anything else for Cena to do right now. They can't have him ignore AJ with all that AJ is doing and do another feud.

If they go triple threat, there isn't a good and entertaining way to set that up. I agree that Cena can't ignore AJ but he and AJ should not be in a match at No Mercy in any form. AJ should be telling Cena to go to the back of the line and earn his shot then put Cena in there against someone like Corbin then have the match end with Styles putting a beating on Cena to write him off. AJ can be involved in the Cena thing and still defend against Ambrose. There's nothing wrong with your top guy being involved in multiple programs. Seth did it last year with Sting and Cena. It makes more sense when you're the top guy having multiple people gunning for you.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can afford to do that with the roster so thin as well.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Word has it Goldberg has something planned for Clash of Champions, he will already be in Indiana the same weekend of COC and has teased coming back for a match apparently

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I guess Goldberg on Raw would be the right idea considering the injury to Balor and you need someone else in the top card except the big 3 in Reigns, Rollins and KO. However I'd hate to think that they could possibly need any more star power given the fact they have Rollins, Reigns, KO, Jericho, Rusev, Zayn, Cesaro, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, New Day, Enzo and Cass and Balor (albeit injured) and the exclusive rights to BA-ROCKKK!!!! LEZZZZNUUURRRRR!!!!!!!!

That's 17 legitimate, top flight competitors when Smackdown has been surviving on about 17 of the same people EVERY night in Ambrose, Styles, Orton, Wyatt, Ziggler, Miz, Crews, Corbin, 7 divas (4 of which aren't even any damn good and another on suspension) and Red Rhyno with the occasional odd challenger that's there strictly for filler and that was UNTIL John Cena came back last night to tilt the table at 18.

I know Raw has to have more bodies to fill a 3 hour show but the disparity in the company talent is absolutely absurd.

Oct 18, 2011
I guess Goldberg on Raw would be the right idea considering the injury to Balor and you need someone else in the top card except the big 3 in Reigns, Rollins and KO. However I'd hate to think that they could possibly need any more star power given the fact they have Rollins, Reigns, KO, Jericho, Rusev, Zayn, Cesaro, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, New Day, Enzo and Cass and Balor (albeit injured) and the exclusive rights to BA-ROCKKK!!!! LEZZZZNUUURRRRR!!!!!!!!

That's 17 legitimate, top flight competitors when Smackdown has been surviving on about 17 of the same people EVERY night in Ambrose, Styles, Orton, Wyatt, Ziggler, Miz, Crews, Corbin, 7 divas (4 of which aren't even any damn good and another on suspension) and Red Rhyno with the occasional odd challenger that's there strictly for filler and that was UNTIL John Cena came back last night to tilt the table at 18.

I know Raw has to have more bodies to fill a 3 hour show but the disparity in the company talent is absolutely absurd.

Smackdown does more with less. Look a

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only thing that has me interested in Goldberg is that I wasn't watching at the time he had his run in WWE. If I had been, I'm sure I wouldn't care because I really kinda don't anyways.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Really not a fan of Goldberg at all
Could go without seeing him wrestle ever again

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Smackdown does more with less. Look a

You're not joking man. I think the Styles factor is what has propelled the show to a greatness it hasn't seen since the Kurt Angle days. Well maybe not HIM but I'm definitely a mark for the guy. I often wonder if Raw trimmed to a 2 hour format if it wouldn't be a better show.

Oct 18, 2011
You're not joking man. I think the Styles factor is what has propelled the show to a greatness it hasn't seen since the Kurt Angle days. Well maybe not HIM but I'm definitely a mark for the guy. I often wonder if Raw trimmed to a 2 hour format if it wouldn't be a better show.

sorry what i meant to say earlier is a perfect example is THE MIZ.

On raw he was just "part of the show", and an insignificant part most times which hurt the IC title.

Now with more opportunity and good booking he is probably Smackdown's no.2 heel and one that gets real heat from the fans.

also what smackdown has is an A level main event every night because they have AJ, which is to your point

also consider so far, that orton and cena have essentially been part timers on that brand to date. WWE really stacked the raw roster but it's allowing others on SD to rise up like Heath Slater, Bray Wyatt could to if they ever booked him to win significant feuds

I would hope that Samoa Joe is going to be promoted soon to SD, they could really use him

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well it runs both ways. We got to see Finn as a top champion and now KO promoted to main event.

Rusev is back to being in a featured feud after floundering for a while.

They also have some plans for Bo it seems which I'm at least curious to see how it goes.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
if RAW is adding 10 cruiserweights, that should definitely mean a few ppl should get moved to smackdown to showcase them...smackdown will be getting stale soon with the few ppl they have to match up to each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille