Rate Dubas At The Trade Deadline

How would you rate Dubas' performance leading up to the trade deadline?

• Total voters

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
That was actually debunked in this piece:

"Leading up to the deadline, there were a couple teams that were interested, I'm not going to say who they were, but if it would have worked out, I would have gone there," he said. "I wasn't just holding out for Boston. I was eager to join a playoff team. I was eager to join somewhere that had good culture, and where winning was sustainable. Because I was looking for somewhere I could re-sign, not just the 20 games to end the season.

Sorry do not see how that was debunked.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
In retrospect, those deals seemed a bit better at the time than they do after the fact and down the road when we have to pay for them. I don't think Dubas did well and I changed my vote.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
F0315595-Heroin_Deal.jpg

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
60% of you gave duabs an A.

Not one of his additions made a difference and only 2 of them even played.

We traded a 1st round pick for 4 playoff games of foligno and 1 assist.

The amount of mental gymnastics required to consider duabs deadline a win is astounding.

This poll was made on deadline day. It was universally agreed upon that he had a great deadline.

We’re not psychic.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
A healthy foligno could have been a difference maker. 1st is steep, but I understand the idea of going “all in” on a year where the first two rounds were essentially “gifted”.

Foligno wasn’t supposed to help us get past teams like (lol), Montreal.... he was there for when the real playoffs were supposed to begin in round 3.

I’m still ok with that trade. I liked it under a “all in or bust” type approach. But to lose the way they did and still not want any significant shuffle is where he loses me.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
60% of you gave duabs an A.

Not one of his additions made a difference and only 2 of them even played.

We traded a 1st round pick for 4 playoff games of foligno and 1 assist.

The amount of mental gymnastics required to consider duabs deadline a win is astounding.

To be fair, I think most of those A votes were based on the assumption that Nick Foligno was healthy.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hall is looking to resign with the team that traded for him. I really don’t think the Leafs was in the mix bc unless he resigns for 3mil, the Leafs can’t afford him.

In hindsight, Dubas screwed up big time bc the Leafs didn’t advance but to blame he didn’t pull the Hall trade bc we would never have all the details.

Reactions: Buds17 and ACC1224

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
It was basically every hockey analyst you could name. Every single one of them.

But I’m sure the Dubas haters here know more.

Doubtful.

A 1st for foligno is an extreme overpayment.

Ritiçh? Hutton? Nash? Which of those is a great add?

I am a dubas doubter and have been accurate on almost everyone of his moves.

I called kadri for barrie and kerfoot a loss while all you dubas fan boys thought we stole from the aves lmao

I knew keeping sparks over mcback up was wrong yet you guys didn't.

I told you all right away dubas over payed the rfas and was mocked. Yet here we are.

Its almost like dubas and his fan club have no idea what they are doing.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I don’t know why people put so much stock in the Hall “wanted to re-sign” thing. That doesn’t mean it would’ve been a definitive “no” from him if the Leafs made an offer. I mean ffs the guy has a house in the city.

The Leafs didn’t even try for Hall it’s been reported so it’s all moot anyway. How a team doesn’t even make an attempt for the best player available at the deadline is beyond me and goes to show that this franchise was blinded by a supposed need for “grit and character” when this teams biggest problem the last three playoffs has been f***ing scoring goals.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
How a team doesn’t even make an attempt for the best player available at the deadline is beyond me and goes to show that this franchise was blinded by a supposed need for “grit and character” when this teams biggest problem the last three playoffs has been f***ing scoring goals.

“Grit and character” is what leads to scoring goals in the playoffs, my friend.

Did you watch any of the series against Montreal?

Corey Perry had more of an impact on the scoresheet than any Leaf player not named Nylander or Spezza.

And Perry DEFINITELY didn’t cost a #1 and two #4 picks.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
“Grit and character” is what leads to scoring goals in the playoffs, my friend.

Did you watch any of the series against Montreal?

Corey Perry had more of an impact on the scoresheet than any Leaf player not named Nylander or Spezza.

And Perry DEFINITELY didn’t cost a #1 and two #4 picks.

Simmonds and Foligno sure helped the Leafs score with their collective two assists in 7 games.

I saw the Leafs two best players get shutdown and frustrated and no other forward besides Nylander and to an extent Spezza capable of carrying the offensive load, two skilled guys.

Perry is gritty and an asshole buy he’s still got some hands to go along with that.

This team can’t waste time and assets adding over the hill vets o try and manufacture that drive half the core four forwards are lacking. Matthews and Marner either need to nut up or one of them (Marner) is traded for guys who can get shit done.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Curious if anyone has reported or updated if Foligno was nursing his injury when we got him or was he fully healthy. Seems one to the bigger clarification needed, because if healthy, just bad luck and not a bad trade on paper. However, if there was some doubt our questions about fitness and we still made that trade, it’s almost inexcusable. Was Foligno damaged goods, he never looked as advertised here, but I chalked it up to acclimatizing.

Reactions: Garthinater

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Simmonds and Foligno sure helped the Leafs score with their collective two assists in 7 games.

I saw the Leafs two best players get shutdown and frustrated and no other forward besides Nylander and to an extent Spezza capable of carrying the offensive load, two skilled guys.

Perry is gritty and an asshole buy he’s still got some hands to go along with that.

Foligno was damaged goods when Dubas got suckered into giving up all those draft pics.

I don’t recall many players having an impact from the press box. Horrifically bad trade.

Simmonds should have been on the PP to park his ass in front of Price and create traffic in front. Which is exactly how Perry scored his winner in game 7.

But instead, the lifetime loser Joke Thornton kept getting handed PP time. The only goals he created were Montreal goals off his turnovers.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Curious if anyone has reported or updated if Foligno was nursing his injury when we got him or was he fully healthy. Seems one to the bigger clarification needed, because if healthy, just bad luck and not a bad trade on paper. However, if there was some doubt our questions about fitness and we still made that trade, it’s almost inexcusable. Was Foligno damaged goods, he never looked as advertised here, but I chalked it up to acclimatizing.

05A01C20-EF65-4F5A-A89D-45C4F0C8DAAB.jpeg

Player News - Daily Faceoff

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I was too nice. Retroactively it’s a “C” grade. Hall over Foligno and the Leafs probably beat Montreal and the score remains an “A.”

Or we lose game 7 off a Hall turnover and everyone here has a meltdown about Dubas obsessing with no-heart skill and ignoring physical leaders like Foligno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad