Rate Dubas At The Trade Deadline

How would you rate Dubas' performance leading up to the trade deadline?

• Total voters

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Dubas shoved all his chips into the middle, and he lost. Now it’s time to go home cause now he’s broke.

Another consequence of this dud season, Leafs can’t afford to add next season at the TDL, not majorly anyway. The amount of picks that went out the door this season can’t be replicated again, at least not next season.

Barring the Leafs being in contention for the President’s Trophy, which isn’t happening, there isn’t any justification for Dubas to make any major additions to this core again.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
A first for muzzin ..ok
A second for plekanic (sp)
A second for boyle
A first for foligno
Not to mention the other later picks.
That’s how you build a winner.

Aside from the Muzzin deal I’m cringing at how terrible those other trades were.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Honestly, the muzzin trade isn’t as good as you think, the leafs got an older muzzin in his injury prone years, he’s not the mid 20’s raising a cup with LA, that was a different muzzin. Not saying he hasn’t been a solid d man, but older d men get injured as seen with muzzin

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Aside from the Muzzin deal I’m cringing at how terrible those other trades were.
Good thing two of them were LouLam, and other looks bad now because he was injured and the big guys came up lame when it counts, again.
Like others have said here and other places many times before. The regular season is the gm’s job the playoffs are up to the guys in the room

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Lou’s Islanders kicker the crap out of Boston last night tying up the series and imagine this is you can, they did it without three 11 million dollar players. Dubas must be a super genius and know more then all the GM’s still in the playoffs

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Honestly, the muzzin trade isn’t as good as you think, the leafs got an older muzzin in his injury prone years, he’s not the mid 20’s raising a cup with LA, that was a different muzzin. Not saying he hasn’t been a solid d man, but older d men get injured as seen with muzzin
Turns 33 next year and 3 more years @ 5.6M.

I like Muzzin, but... That’s another really risky contract, especially with Morgan Rielly on his final year and in need of extension.

Muzzin might be a good player for another 3 years and earn it, I’m just not sure how much faith I have in that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad