Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 3- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
From that quote, it sounds like they're counting any points scored in seasons where the player started as a teenager, rather than points actually scored as a teenager. E.g., Ekblad turned 20 in February of his sophomore year. Guarantee you not all 75 of his "teenage" points were scored before then.

Either way, Dahlin is getting to #2 on the list, barring a long-term injury, but perhaps worth noting since Dahlin won't turn 20 until after this season is over and done.
Clearly not a player you trade at this time.

Also, they count all of Phil’s points when he did take shifts and games at Center.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Today's game notes are interesting:

Game Preview: 1/18/20 at Nashville

Dahlin’s .58 points per game in his career currently ranks as the 19th-highest rate among active NHL defensemen with at least 10 career games played. His .675 points per game so far this season represent the best scoring rate by a Sabres defenseman since Brian Campbell (.683) in 2007-08.

You don't trade that. Trading that guy would be monumentally stupid.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
No coincidence I think that Dahlin turned it around when Mittlestadt left. Casey up all night playing fortnite keeping Ras awake.
Casey im sick of this, there's mountain dew everywhere and why do i hear clapping in the middle of the night i can't sleep !!!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
it depends on the return. Not taking a major overpayment would not exactly be intelligent

If you were a Quebec fan, would you have opposed the Lindros trade? That turned Colorado into a near dynasty

Lindros refused to play for Qc. It’s such a corny idea.

We know that Dahlin is already on a pathway to amazing. We don't know if some package deal would include a Peter Forsberg quality piece and in most likelihood would not. Build around Dahlin and Eichel, not the other way around.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
We know that Dahlin is already on a pathway to amazing. We don't know if some package deal would include a Peter Forsberg quality piece and in most likelihood would not. Build around Dahlin and Eichel, not the other way around.
But, but,but imagine packaging Dahlin and Eichel!!! We could get 12 lesser pieces in return. It would be Epic!!!!!! Then we could figure out how to get a number 1 centre and number 1 defenceman for the next 15 years!

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

I was also thinking in terms of how lucky that trade was. I think it's safe to say that trade worked out far better than anyone could have hoped in Quebec, excluding the cap implications that today make an individual super talent even more valuable as an asset, due to the underpayment of superstars compared to middle of the road players.

And even with Forsberg being himself and Ricci grinding out twenty years, Lindros was a couple concussion avoiding plays away from making Quebec look like it came out the wrong side.

People forget the individual dominance that Lindros provided at his peak. He still almost dragged them to championships with a worst case career of injuries.

Reactions: Chainshot

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Like I said in the other thread......Any GM who trades a player with Dahlin's potential when he's only 19 will go down as the dumbest GM in sports history. Dahlin....according to the "experts", could be the best defenseman we've seen in decades, so just because he isn't there a year and a half into his career that started at the ripe age of 18, doesn't mean he's a bust, that's just beyond asinine to think that. This kid has the goods and it wont be long before he wins his first Norris Trophy.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Let's take just a moment to parse out his productivity:

Dahlin’s .58 points per game in his career currently ranks as the 19th-highest rate among active NHL defensemen with at least 10 career games played. His .675 points per game so far this season represent the best scoring rate by a Sabres defenseman since Brian Campbell (.683) in 2007-08

That was Campbell's 8th full pro season. He had 177 AHL regular season games, 391 games with the Sabres over those 8 years. He was 28 years old. Dahlin's just figuring out how to play in this league. At the same age, Campbell was still in the OHL.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Like I said in the other thread......Any GM who trades a player with Dahlin's potential when he's only 19 will go down as the dumbest GM in sports history. Dahlin....according to the "experts", could be the best defenseman we've seen in decades, so just because he isn't there a year and a half into his career that started at the ripe age of 18, doesn't mean he's a bust, that's just beyond asinine to think that. This kid has the goods and it wont be long before he wins his first Norris Trophy.
Our rallying cry can be Remember Calle Johanssson!

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
The past 3 games dahlin is looking like more and more karlson, walking the blueline while in cycle completely owning it, he's looking good, honestly the first half of the season he's been quiet aside from october, if he hits his stride things could get interesting...

Reactions: Icicle

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
it depends on the return. Not taking a major overpayment would not exactly be intelligent

If you were a Quebec fan, would you have opposed the Lindros trade? That turned Colorado into a near dynasty

I question this team’s standard of overpayment.

Reactions: Chainshot

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Can't believe he is only in his second season... He had to adjust to the pro game and na ice at the same time, I honestly feel he is right on track to be what he was projected to be so far.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I only move him in a gross, build a statue of the GM type move.

I.e

Couturier
Raffl
Frost
York
Farabee/Rubstov/Brink
Roddy Ross - Strictly because every team should have someone named "Roddy"
1st

For

Dahlin
Okposo

I also wouldn't move him for nothing short of a major haul as I think there is at least a 50/50 chance he is a hall of famer

At a MINIMUM, I'd demand anyone take Okposo off of our hands as a major cap dump along with .
a MASSIVE return

The package around Rantanen I would want at a minimum would be

Dahlin Okposo

Rantanen, 2020 first round pick, 2020 second round pick, 2021 first round pick, 2021 3rd round pick (basically, Rantanen, and high end RFA compensation). Short of that, HELL NO to trading Dahlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad