Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 3- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
It takes me back to my childhood when I was a piano prodigy. I used to make the same mistake when I played Stravinsky's Trois mouvements de Petrouchka. I practiced 8 hours a day until I finally nailed it. As I was warming up for a recital at Carnegie Hall I made the same damn mistake and my teacher came up behind me and slammed the piano cover down on my hands breaking 7 of my fingers. And so began my love of hockey.
Lol. We all have our crosses to bear. :sarcasm:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It takes me back to my childhood when I was a piano prodigy. I used to make the same mistake when I played Stravinsky's Trois mouvements de Petrouchka. I practiced 8 hours a day until I finally nailed it. As I was warming up for a recital at Carnegie Hall I made the same damn mistake and my teacher came up behind me and slammed the piano cover down on my hands breaking 7 of my fingers. And so began my love of hockey.

Wow, interesting story.

I used to be a world class surgeon. One day driving I got into an accident, and the accident crushed both of my hands. Somehow, I ended up in the Orient learning how to harness the power of the mind from a bald lady. I ended up defeating an evil spirit from space, and then a powerful space being with a colorful glove. And so ended by days of surgery.

Strange......

Reactions: k8prisoner

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
have you ever read thomas bernhard's 'the loser'?

you might appreciate it after a post like this

Member 308457

Unbelieveable. My piano teacher used to rap my knuckles with a pencil...right on the most painful part -- so I keep my fingers curved. It was overall discouraging. But I have nothing on your story.

Reactions: Stubu

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Two thoughts:

1) I hope he is actually healed and this isn't classic hockey shenanigans of someone not ready to come back coming back early.

2) Hope he has had an opportunity to watch games and hit the film room. He had been back on track for a few games before the concussion, it'd be nice to see him continue that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

If he hasn't been cleared against the concussion protocol, why is he not in the red non-contact jersey?

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Unbelieveable. My piano teacher used to rap my knuckles with a pencil...right on the most painful part -- so I keep my fingers curved. It was overall discouraging. But I have nothing on your story.

Growing up in south buffalo you learn to hit back. That usually stops abuse pretty quick. If a bully picks up a stick you pick up a baseball bat. Thats why that neighborhood is still fairly safe.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Didn't play much, but he started the second Eichel goal, and had a few real good d zone breakups.

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
I was fine with Dahlin's game. He was quiet and got an assist. Coming back from a concussion played 15 minutes should improve over the next few games.

Reactions: seagull

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Watched the game on tape. Able to rewind etc. He was more decisive than he has been all year. Good or bad I'll take decisive.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You guys think he will always be an offensive dman, or will he started playing the pk too in a couple years?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Crazy that he missed 8 games and is still 4th in scoring. In part a testament to him, and a reminder of our lack of depth still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->