Confirmed with Link: Rangers Reveal Liberty Jersey (and somehow mess it up)

Which one do you hope it's based on?

• Liberty

• 2012 Cream Winter Classic

• 2018 Navy Winter Classic

• "New York" Wordmark

• 1970's Rangers Crest

Results are only viewable after voting.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It looks good, just plain. It will probably look very good on the ice. It’s not a jersey that I look at just the sweater and say wow that’s beautiful, but in action the set will probably look really slick and modern and work well. Doesn’t make me want to buy one but does make me eager to see it on the ice.

I get why people are upset and I overall have a very “meh” reaction to the jersey itself. I just have a feeling the on ice product will work well.

Reactions: bbny

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
These remind me of the first Leafs Reebok Edge jerseys.

Rkd9MDO.jpg

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
Laces at the top and simple stripes on the bottom would be enough to get it right.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
The grey on the numbers looks soooo cheap, like exactly like the fake jerseys from China
Should’ve used that same metallic silver stitching they use on the Rangers shoulder logo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Avalanche/Nordique one is sick. the Quebec logo (fleurdelis) on the bottom of the jersey and that color just love it.
I know a bit plain but the Canadiens one is nice.
Ours is ok. Why put the logo so low?

Reactions: NYRangers16

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
some sportswriter said in the '90s when the LL first came out the Rangers are the only team in mens sports to have a woman on their uniform I wonder if that's still true

Reactions: NYRangers16

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I love the reactions..........Omg there should be more red, the accents aren't good, the logo is to low, it makes my ass look bigger...

Good lord with this queer eye stuff the new season can't come soon enough.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
If they weren’t going to bring back the Liberty with the exact same design as the original I’d have preferred they just brought back the Heritage jerseys.

These just look like someone submitted a halfway done design.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
If I'm making a list of jerseys to buy based on the release, Rangers are bottom 5. EASY

I was going to disagree with this but I think you're right... Some teams like the Leafs and Senators are boring and the Islanders didn't even try, but they still produced good jerseys. As far as design goes, I think only the Detroit and Dallas jerseys are worse.

On the other hand the Lady Liberty logo is one of the best in this entire set. The design team had a really easy job and they still got it wrong.

Also to those who said the Rangers can never have a red jersey, if the Habs can have a blue jersey and the Blues can have a red jersey, then the Rangers can definitely have a red jersey. And it's nice to have Lady Liberty back but this would have been a lot better if they just reversed it and made it a red jersey with blue sleeves.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I love the reactions..........Omg there should be more red, the accents aren't good, the logo is to low, it makes my ass look bigger...

Good lord with this queer eye stuff the new season can't come soon enough.

Hey man. Look good, feel good, play good.

Reactions: CaptTennille

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The jersey itself I think is ok.

Compared to all of retro jerseys that got released they are probably near the bottom. Some of these other ones really kick ass.

Reactions: Thirty One

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I was going to disagree with this but I think you're right... Some teams like the Leafs and Senators are boring and the Islanders didn't even try, but they still produced good jerseys. As far as design goes, I think only the Detroit and Dallas jerseys are worse.

On the other hand the Lady Liberty logo is one of the best in this entire set. The design team had a really easy job and they still got it wrong.

Also to those who said the Rangers can never have a red jersey, if the Habs can have a blue jersey and the Blues can have a red jersey, then the Rangers can definitely have a red jersey. And it's nice to have Lady Liberty back but this would have been a lot better if they just reversed it and made it a red jersey with blue sleeves.

Disagree with Dallas. I like the jersey. Nice and clean.

Liberty head i hate.

Also think the Devils Green is atrocious as well

Back to that Mickey Mouse color scheme

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Disagree with Dallas. I like the jersey. Nice and clean.

Dallas' jersey is too clean.

If they would have made the bottom part green it would look great. Just goes to show how simple design choices can make such a big difference in the end result.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
In the Twitter replies it looks like people really like the Lady Liberty logo which is great.

We need the logo to stick around after this promotion is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad