Confirmed with Link: Rangers Reveal Liberty Jersey (and somehow mess it up)

Which one do you hope it's based on?

• Liberty

• 2012 Cream Winter Classic

• 2018 Navy Winter Classic

• "New York" Wordmark

• 1970's Rangers Crest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Seems like it's pretty much sold out everywhere now at least in terms of blanks.

And every reseller is sharing the same message that they won't restock. On the one hand it would be cool if these were limited editions but I doubt they would go that route since it's such an easy cash grab in a year where the NHL teams are struggling financially. It would be foolish not to restock

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
And every reseller is sharing the same message that they won't restock. On the one hand it would be cool if these were limited editions but I doubt they would go that route since it's such an easy cash grab in a year where the NHL teams are struggling financially. It would be foolish not to restock

Yeah, it's bullshit, they're gonna restock. They say that to drum up demand and get people to buy via FOMO.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

They should restock but as others alluded to earlier, this is similar to the Winter Classic and Stadium Series jerseys where they were considered “special event” items and after a run or two they were never produced again.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Rangers don’t have a third, why wouldn’t they just keep these jerseys long term?

that would make no sense to me

LyNX27

I'll be wearing my numberless jersey without pads this weekend for a little pond hockey (can't wait to be the coolest kid on the ice) and I'll post pictures of the fit if anyone is interested.

I really like the shade of blue and although I preferred the photoshops (red sleeves, white accents instead of grey) this is an impressive jersey in person. The simplicity and accent features (shoulder patches, breathing texture/holes) have really grown on me.

I'm 5'8 and on the athletic/skinny side so a 42 fits like a glove with a light hoodie underneath it. I notice there is a *slight* boxiness to the shoulders that I actually really like and it gives a nice fit (at least for my posture/shoulders).

If I was going with pads for a full beer league kit, I'd probably order up to a 46.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'll be wearing my numberless jersey without pads this weekend for a little pond hockey (can't wait to be the coolest kid on the ice) and I'll post pictures of the fit if anyone is interested.

I really like the shade of blue and although I preferred the photoshops (red sleeves, white accents instead of grey) this is an impressive jersey in person. The simplicity and accent features (shoulder patches, breathing texture/holes) have really grown on me.

I'm 5'8 and on the athletic/skinny side so a 42 fits like a glove with a light hoodie underneath it. I notice there is a *slight* boxiness to the shoulders that I actually really like and it gives a nice fit (at least for my posture/shoulders).

If I was going with pads for a full beer league kit, I'd probably order up to a 46.
42?? How skinny are you lol I'm 5'9 & skinny and I wear a 46. I think I could wear a 44 but I was worried about the logo size. I heard they fixed the logo problem with Adidas jerseys but that the Reverse Retros under 46 have smaller logos

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
These aren't the gloves. They lied.

Zib doesn’t even wear CCM mitts or helmet, he wears Bauer.

So yeah, must have been an error. The players wear the same gloves they wear with normal H/R jerseys. The Rangers always did that when they wore the Liberties, never had separate custom gloves.

Colors are close enough, but red cuffs did look pretty good in that mock-up.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Zib doesn’t even wear CCM mitts or helmet, he wears Bauer.

So yeah, must have been an error. The players wear the same gloves they wear with normal H/R jerseys. The Rangers always did that when they wore the Liberties, never had separate custom gloves.

Colors are close enough, but red cuffs did look pretty good in that mock-up.
I know that is true about the liberty jersey pre lockout but I think they wore matching gloves (navy in place of the traditional blue) in the 2 post lockout seasons they wore the jersey in. I could be wrong though.

These would look much better using the gloves in that original tweet, it’s too bad they didn’t go ahead with them.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I know that is true about the liberty jersey pre lockout but I think they wore matching gloves (navy in place of the traditional blue) in the 2 post lockout seasons they wore the jersey in. I could be wrong though.

These would look much better using the gloves in that original tweet, it’s too bad they didn’t go ahead with them.

I double checked, looks like the same gloves for liberty and those heritage 3rd jerseys they ditched. Even for the most recent Winter Classic and Stadium series games, they used their normal gloves. They did wear different custom Cream ones for the 2012 winter classic though.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad