Confirmed with Link: Rangers Reveal Liberty Jersey (and somehow mess it up)

Which one do you hope it's based on?

• Liberty

• 2012 Cream Winter Classic

• 2018 Navy Winter Classic

• "New York" Wordmark

• 1970's Rangers Crest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The following players never wore the Liberty jersey:
Marc Staal
Dan Girardi
Derek Stepan
Ryan McDonagh
Mike Kostka
Carl Hagelin
Rick Nash
Mats Zuccarello

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
The following players never wore the Liberty jersey:
Marc Staal
Dan Girardi
Derek Stepan
Ryan McDonagh
Mike Kostka
Carl Hagelin
Rick Nash
Mats Zuccarello
Dan Girardi did multiple times.

Attachments

• E86296F8-430F-4317-B8A6-9414E94A37D4.png
    E86296F8-430F-4317-B8A6-9414E94A37D4.png
    659 KB · Views: 7

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
There is a picture on the Rangers Facebook page now of Mika wearing the jersey on the ice with the full kit. It looks much better than it does with just the jersey. Granted, most of us aren't going to be walking around with red hockey pants if we buy the jersey but it won't look terrible on the ice when the Rangers play.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It's weird because a lot of non-Rangers fans seemingly really like this jersey.

I think we as Rangers fans are so used to having stripes or some sort of accent on the bottom of the jersey which makes the absence of a similar design on this one look "bland" to us.
Liberty jerseys were from well before my time so I have no nostalgia for them and I still hate these ones comparably. My uncle usually gets me tickets for when the Rangers come to town every year for Christmas, this year that's not happening to we're getting each other jerseys. I'll get him a Pettersson Skate Jersey and I said I want a DeAngelo Liberty but I don't know now LOL. Might even consider finding an old one on eBay and customizing it if I could find a place that could do the old Liberty name/numbers.

One of the ugliest things about that jersey are the crappy numbers, I'm hoping as someone said that these are just the cheap "NHL.com" iron on numbers and the actual ones will look higher quality.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The entire uniform looks better but still a missed opportunity with the jersey itself and I can’t help but get a Blue Jackets vibe with the colors, gloves, and striping.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Em9qX0zXYAoRPpF

Could've looked SO much better

Is this the original lady liberty jersey from the 90s? Or is this different in some way. In my head, all of these jerseys bleed together and look so similar.

I agree this is nicer than the final product though.

Reactions: Rongomania

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Wont be buying that jersey, but hope to get some other Liberty apparel like a t-shirt and/or sweatshirt assuming Adidas/Fanatics make and release stuff like that.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Is this the original lady liberty jersey from the 90s? Or is this different in some way. In my head, all of these jerseys bleed together and look so similar.

I agree this is nicer than the final product though.

No, its a mock-up. The collar is a giveaway.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Any idea when/where these go on sale? Thinking about getting a Laf or a Leetch. Where is the best place to get a jersey online, anyway?

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Could have been better but I still like it. Much better than some of the junk other teams put out.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
BTW photos of actual Dallas Stars reverse retros leaked and their numbers are sewn on and normal looking even though they had those ugly single layer vinyl pressed ones in their promo pics too. So I’m pretty sure our numbers will be normal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad