Confirmed with Link: Rangers Reveal Liberty Jersey (and somehow mess it up)

Which one do you hope it's based on?

• Liberty

• 2012 Cream Winter Classic

• 2018 Navy Winter Classic

• "New York" Wordmark

• 1970's Rangers Crest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The full uniform looks fine but again the lack of accents just really drags this down.

I’m not walking around with red pants lol

I agree, the equipment helps ---because it basically adds the accents the jersey is inherently missing.

They still tend to look a little practice jersey for my preference, and as someone else stated, fans are not going to be walking around with equipment.

Not terrible, but it does feel a bit like a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I agree, the equipment helps ---because it basically adds the accents the jersey is inherently missing.

They still tend to look a little practice jersey for my preference, and as someone else stated, fans are going to be walking around with equipment.

Not terrible, but it does feel a bit like a wasted opportunity.

This... The whole "They look better with full uniform" doesn't really help. I am not wearing red pants with that jersey LOL

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
idk where this came from and afaik NYR never worse these but I found it on eBay. With navy blue hockey pants instead of the familiar red, would have been a cool look.

s-l1600.jpg

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The full uniform looks fine but again the lack of accents just really drags this down.

I’m not walking around with red pants lol

I guess they'd look good on top of these, basketball/gym style shorts with the same design of the pant shell the Rangers wear.

New_York_Rangers_Shorts_Ghost_Shot_8b205ed3-063d-4b7c-9624-da28058fa1b7_large.jpg

Reactions: Cmox

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
having the numbers and the nameplate fill in some of that empty navy blue space but they really should have done something more with the sleeves or the shoulders. They should go full psycho mode and wear red helmets with that jersey.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
All the advertising is using crappy iron on numbers...and it just looks terrible.

I really hope the actual numbers/nameplates look better.

View attachment 377240
Dallas Stars ads used those crappy iron on numbers too, then photos from a shop leaked and they had proper layered twill stitching :)
I hope they use a metallic/glittery stitching on the numbers, like the silver they have on the shoulder crests

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
idk where this came from and afaik NYR never worse these but I found it on eBay. With navy blue hockey pants instead of the familiar red, would have been a cool look.

s-l1600.jpg

Mentioned earlier that a lot of the RRs reminded me of these...AFAIK these were "fashion jerseys" released across sports in the early 00s. My brother had a teal St Louis Cardinals jersey at one point (why? is a great question...in his defense he was ~10). They were sold in stores like Models and that sports store everyone had in their local mall as well as I believe in catalogues like Eastbay. Strange trend. Couldn't find any pictures or history on this when I looked a few weeks back...appreciate you posting this.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Deleted member 23124

Mentioned earlier that a lot of the RRs reminded me of these...AFAIK these were "fashion jerseys" released across sports in the early 00s. My brother had a teal St Louis Cardinals jersey at one point (why? is a great question...in his defense he was ~10). They were sold in stores like Models and that sports store everyone had in their local mall as well as I believe in catalogues like Eastbay. Strange trend. Couldn't find any pictures or history on this when I looked a few weeks back...appreciate you posting this.
I remember those teal bird jerseys...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad