Quenneville...

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
3 Losses in a row.

Officially on the outside looking in.

We gotta pounce.

But Oilers gonna Oil. Tmac will walk at the end of his contract.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I wonder if Q would keep on the assistants? They are definitely the strong point of the coaching / management personnel and deserve a legit shot. Plus one of my complaints with Q in the past was his penchant of sticking with assistants that couldn't get the job done (see Kitchen, Mike).

Reactions: KarmaPolice

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
i think the oilers back up plan was to promote Gulutzan if need be but it'd be foolish not to inquire about Joel Q.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
why would he come? HE is getting 12 mill over the next two years to play with his grandchildren

Maybe because he wants to cement his legacy among the greatest coaches of all time by coaching the world's best player to multiple championships? :dunno:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
You should not hire Coach Q, even if it is quite tempting. Q belongs in the old NHL, where does likes of Babcock&Carlyle as well.
Your GM would make a huge mistake if he'd hire Quenneville.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
You should not hire Coach Q, even if it is quite tempting. Q belongs in the old NHL, where does likes of Babcock&Carlyle as well.

Unfortunately our entire front office is stuck in the past, so it's not like we're going to hire some up and comers with new ideas and innovation.

Q is about the best we can do right now.

Reactions: RegDunlop

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
A good coach can get the best out of a team like say Gerard Gallant. I don't think Tmac can and it's a big reason why they are suffering. Yes his refusal to change up the PP is frustrating, but I really do feel that if EDM worked hard every night that they have a roster to be a bubble team. The problem is there is no margin for taking nights off. They just don't have the depth put together by Chiarelli when you look at the bigger picture. So I feel it's both the coach and the GM and poor McDavid is wasting away on this team. I don't know if coach Q would be the answer but I'd be up for it.

Reactions: McChiaricolson

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Honestly wouldn’t be shocked to see this happen tomorrow.
I's day maybe after the Montreal game on Tuesday. They're still above 0.500 for now, Chia is probably using that as a measuring stick. If they make it 5 straight losses on Tuesday, there is a 3-day break before the next game. This would be the most ideal time to make a change this big. And with Colorado having the best line in the NHL and Montreal in the top 3 of their division, the 5 straight L's are likely

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

The old NHL being multiple SC wins in THIS decade...….hmmmm

yeah, you hire Q any chance you get. you hire the ghost of Q which would be improvement on anything we got here.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I actually don't think, given the scrutiny Peter is under as well, that Katz/Bobby will let Chia make this call himself to be honest. Probably both go together.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I's day maybe after the Montreal game on Tuesday. They're still above 0.500 for now, Chia is probably using that as a measuring stick. If they make it 5 straight losses on Tuesday, there is a 3-day break before the next game. This would be the most ideal time to make a change this big. And with Colorado having the best line in the NHL and Montreal in the top 3 of their division, the 5 straight L's are likely
It isn't a wait and see opportunity. If they're contemplating asking Q, you do it now before you miss the chance.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'd be shocked if the Oilers hire Q even if they do let T Mac go. They'll go with someone already on the inside. Katz won't want to set even more money on fire.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I wonder if Q would keep on the assistants? They are definitely the strong point of the coaching / management personnel and deserve a legit shot. Plus one of my complaints with Q in the past was his penchant of sticking with assistants that couldn't get the job done (see Kitchen, Mike).

Hypothetically, if the Oilers fired Mclellan and they didn't promote one of the new assistants, that would be a stipulation of the new HC hire that he keeps the coaching staff that is currently here.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad