WC: Team Canada 2024

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
That is correct. First US was in Prague and Canada in Ostrava. But a few weeks later they changed. And Canada "promised" to go with a good squad. But this was about 8 months a go.
What? How does Canada promise anything? Who is speaking on behalf of Canada? Lol

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
its also a funny rule , the host can change 1 team to the other group

I mean that's doing the US dirty though. They're also short on interested players and you could move the needle on one or two key guys by going to Prague over Ostrava.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Rick Nash seems to be applying the Alexander Keiths approach to building this team............slowly, carefully, taking the time to get it right.

Reactions: Jimmy71

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Rick Nash seems to be applying the Alexander Keiths approach to building this team............slowly, carefully, taking the time to get it right.
Hard to know what’s happening now, quite a bit of radio silence! Would be hard to keep big names under wrap for this long.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The US looks great, we can admit for now we’re a little jealous!
That's a good team, best they have ever sent. Of course they could have been sending squads like this every year for quite some time now but the response to the call was dreadful, they would get an odd big name here and there but that's about it. This year x-mas has finally arrived for their fans.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Meanwhile the U.S fans are as giddy as 13 year old girls in 2010 seeing Justin Beiber make an appearance at their junior high school.
Americans are a confident people. I wish Canadians (NOT directed at any one poster) were the same.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'd be confident too with that team.
I agree with the title...

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I agree with the title...

We're a strange bunch, I think it's the weather.

Hopefully the cons will deal with him slowly, carefully, taking the time to get it right.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
We're a strange bunch, I think it's the weather.
I agree, we're odd.

I just don't understand why we NEVER feel good about our teams. NEVER. Every year, every tournament, we feel our team is garbage. It's a shame.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I agree, we're odd.

I just don't understand why we NEVER feel good about our teams. NEVER. Every year, every tournament, we feel our team is garbage. It's a shame.
Because in hockey we always feel we are under siege by everyone else,............................which we are.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Our fans tendencies doesn't concern me much, winning games does.
It's just hard to read. If it was one tournament, one year, I'd say fine, but it is EVERY TOURNAMENT. You can set your watch by it.

Oh well, no one is forcing me read HF so....

Reactions: jj cale

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
With the days passing by, I think that a "yes" from any big players (Crosby, Huberdeau) would have been picked up by some of the known journalists. Therefore, unfornunately it could look like a no-show.

Under those the rest on the list is kind of "B-" (Mangiapane, Tippett), "C" (Fabbri, Bunting, Frost, Sanheim) or youths (Guenther, Fantilli, Foerster, Benson, Zary, Greig, Walman++).

With the notice that not one player from Arizona/Utah has been elected by any country yet, it seems like they are locked up for now for understandable reasons.

With all this in mind, I think its ok to wait for the first teams to come out of the playoffs before releasing any squad as

Isles is 0-3
Tampa Bay is 0-3
Caps is 0-3
Dallas is under 0-2 after two home games.

This could open up players like Barzal, Horvat, Dobson, Pelech, Pulock, Strome, McMichael, Hagel, Cirelli, Duclair, Point, Stamkos, Johnston, Stankoven, Wedgewood, Harley, Benn, Duchene, Seguin ++.

When looking on that list I kind of understand why Rick Nash and the others choose to wait a bit as they are missing a good couple of players especially in the Top 9.

McCANN - X - BEDARD
X - COZENS - X
MERCER - X - X
TANEV - X - X
CELEBRINI

Defense is better locked with

BYRAM - PARAYKO
POWER - (GUHLE)
OLEKSIAK - Zellweger?

But a couple of Isles on D would have made it even stronger and better.

Then Wedgewood could take the spot behind Binnington in goal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad