OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Tbf they concealed that Pickett was their guy pretty well. But yeah, much more fun uncertainty right now.
Yeah but they met with a ton of QB's throughout the process so we had some idea they might target that position in round 1. Feel like any of 4 positions are in play this year.

Reactions: Peat

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

I think someone on here said the cap wouldn’t quite work out with Deebo on the niners side? If they were including these guys in order to trade up, the trade value to move from 31 to 20 is right on the 2nd/3rd edge which seems like a reasonable value for Deebo.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah but they met with a ton of QB's throughout the process so we had some idea they might target that position in round 1. Feel like any of 4 positions are in play this year.

Yeah, I hear that.

I think for me it's the number of names. I feel sure it's OT or C barring the board going whacky, just like I thought it was OT or CB last year. But last year, it felt pretty safe it was Jones or Porter.

This year... there's about 5 OL I could see them taking in the first. Haven't counted the visits but I'm not sure there's any of the CBs who's overridingly their man. If they go WR, I wouldn't be sure who.

Really not sure who they'll take.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I think someone on here said the cap wouldn’t quite work out with Deebo on the niners side? If they were including these guys in order to trade up, the trade value to move from 31 to 20 is right on the 2nd/3rd edge which seems like a reasonable value for Deebo.

I wouldn't do 20 for 31 and Deebo. He hasn't been nearly productive enough for the amount of money he's making IMO.

Much rather do a late 3rd or 4th for Sutton.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

No way they move Debo thats like 41 million in dead cap. He has a voided cap year hit in 2026

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

So who in the top 10 would be trying to trade for Aiyuk? Jets' 10th for Aiyuk and 49ers' 31?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
His decline was never masked by Brown.

Roth blew out his elbow and was never the same.

That started his decline because he had a noodle arm after his surgery.

AB on the other hand was garbage without Roth and out of the league a couple years after their last season together.
AB was out of the league because he was crazy, not because of his talent. He was on pace for 1300 yards his final season 3 years later. Roethlisberger's accuracy and ability/willingness to break tackles in the pocket had been declining for years. It's pretty evident if you go back and watch the games. He was missing easy throws in the playoff game vs Jacksonville, the only reason they scored so much was due to amazing efforts from their skill players.

Roethlisberger's numbers were extraordinarily bad in 2019 even before blowing out his elbow, like at the bottom of the league bad.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
AB was out of the league because he was crazy, not because of his talent. He was on pace for 1300 yards his final season 3 years later. Roethlisberger's accuracy and ability/willingness to break tackles in the pocket had been declining for years. It's pretty evident if you go back and watch the games. He was missing easy throws in the playoff game vs Jacksonville, the only reason they scored so much was due to amazing efforts from their skill players.

Roethlisberger's numbers were extraordinarily bad in 2019 even before blowing out his elbow, like at the bottom of the league bad.

Roth’s numbers were extraordinary bad in 2019?

Dude he literally played 1.5 games before blowing out his elbow.

He was coming off the best season statistically of his career in 2018.

He threw for over 5k yards and the most TD in his career.

I know you hate the guy, but blowing out his elbow is why he declined.

Older QBs rarely come back from elbow injuries like that.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Tackle was starting to get mocked to the Chargers but that’s not ideal for the Steelers if they want a tackle.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Roth’s numbers were extraordinary bad in 2019?

Dude he literally played 1.5 games before blowing out his elbow.

He was coming off the best season statistically of his career in 2018.

He threw for over 5k yards and the most TD in his career.

I know you hate the guy, but blowing out his elbow is why he declined.

Older QBs rarely come back from elbow injuries like that.
He led the league in interceptions too in 2018, and had the 9th best yards per attempt in his career. He threw the ball over 40 times per game, which explains the totals, both good and bad. You aren't interpreting basic passing stats correctly.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Be interesting to see if anyone tries to trade up in front of the Vikings because that's where McCarthy is going unless someone steps up to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad