Proposal: Q. Hughes to NJ

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008
Vancouver needs, dynamic offensive players. If NJ has any of those to give then propose them.

To all the people saying the value is good, it very may well be, but the needs of the team are different then what is being offered.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Let's reunite the Hughes brothers in New Jersey!

To New Jersey: Quinn Hughes

To Vancouver: Ty Smith, 2020 unprotected 1st rounder, Michael McLeod
Add Hischier and we wont IMMEDIATELY hang up the phone...

KinCornKarn

Oct 2, 2003
Things you can bet your last money onat HFboards:
1: pathological obsession with reuniting brothers.
2. "Value of" threads for guys who teams would be nuts to trade
3. Future being worth 100x present
4. Things HFExperts claim would never happen actually happening.
5. Teams receiving value for players who have been clearly marked "negative value" by our community.
6. Cap dumps and 3rd round picks being calculated as multipliers of value in trade proposals, not the crap they actually are.
7. As soon as a player looks like someone worth keeping, a proposal to trade them somewhere else, because, why would you keep a guy on an ELC who looks like he's going to be a player when You could have someone else's player who hasn't done anything yet?

Don't change Hfboards...

You forgot making my player/prospect look better by putting down your player/prospect. That's my fave.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
This is a more than fair proposal. People are overrating their own prospects as usual. I'm not sure I do it as a Devils fan because there is still the slight chance that we suck again next year and that becomes a lottery pick. What if Taylor Hall refuses to sign long-term and they have to trade him?
I wouldn't trade Makar for that proposal. Hughes is in the same tier. I'm not sure they are overrating Hughes rather you underestimating him. Hughes has 1D potential. I don't see that in Smith. Micheal McLeod and a Pick don't make up the difference between Smith and Hughes. Maybe Smith's game translate better than I'm predicting but for now it doesn't make sense for Vancouver to risk a core piece for a chance at some players that could be more valuable.

Reactions: gianni

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Came here expecting this. Expectations were met. *sigh* every time.

wSO1es9.gif

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Agreed. Sedins gave people the notion that brothers crave playing together.

If you are separated by 2 years how often are you in the same team growing up?

Dan and Hank have played on the same line forever.

Talking about a D and F here.

Even if this was Luke Hughes, stylistically would he and Quinn be good partners for each other besides on the PP?
Its almost like all the Stall brothers. Eventually 2/3 played together and that was only for a short time anyways. I think the twin part was a little different than guys who are siblings and have generally played apart anyways.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Lol bad for vancouver. You can keep TY.
Quinn is showing he is the real deal. A puck moving dman that has 1D potential the canucks havent had in years. Yeah he aint going nowhere even if you offer someone else like hischier.

Hischier gonna be a RNH tier player while quinn will be an elite 1D that can quarterback pps.

Means nothing in NJ that can pry quinn away from canucks. Better and easier to just send jack hughes to canucks
This post. Just WOW.

This thread. Just LOL.

Two fanbases of obviously failing teams proclaiming the certainty of success of
obviously volatile, incomplete and untested amateurs. “Well my mystery box is clearly worth more than your mystery box because I’ve been watching my mystery box longer and more intently.”

I remember the days when Zacha and Virtanen were sure to be Top 50 Players in the League. Good Times.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
As a Vancouver fan, this isn’t a bad package.

They are quality pieces being offered.

Not sure I’d do it, but good job by the op for at least offering value.
its nice that some Vancouver fans (or HF posters in general) can not immediately jump to snide comments or attacking the op for a proposal. This is a fair offer. Of course, Vancouver doesn't have to be compelled to accept but the homers in here acting like its "not even close" are annoying af. NJ is a bottom feeder, an unprotected 1st is HUGE, and Ty Smith is their best prospect by far until J. Hughes is drafted.

Reactions: Newsworthy

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
its nice that some Vancouver fans (or HF posters in general) can not immediately jump to snide comments or attacking the op for a proposal. This is a fair offer. Of course, Vancouver doesn't have to be compelled to accept but the homers in here acting like its "not even close" are annoying af. NJ is a bottom feeder, an unprotected 1st is HUGE, and Ty Smith is their best prospect by far until J. Hughes is drafted.

I think the J HUGHES to VAN thread went up first and opened with a meh offer and the snarky comments flew. I believe many of the comments in this thread are just a chance to snark back. Typical HF stuff.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

I totally agree. I don't think the trade is lopsided in anyway and it all depends on the draft pick. I'm not as impressed with Q. Hughes as others. Excellent skater and puck mover but he plays a strictly finesse style game and is a little undersized. Also that draft had so much defensive talent.

J15

Mar 18, 2009
What exactly has Quinn Hughes done in the past year to take from a 7th OA pick in an average draft to the next Karlsson? He had a good year at Michigan, a bad U20 performance and 5 games in the NHL. Am I missing something?

Feb 19, 2018
I’d do Hall for Hughes and the option of switching first round picks next year unprotected.
Gives us the better pick/potential lottery pick and the winger we want for Pety apparently.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Neutral fan here.

Fair proposal, slightly favoring Vancouver now with the potential to be a fleecing if that pick ends up in the top 10. If I was Vancouver and still in rebuild mode I’d do it. If I am pushing for the playoffs next year it’s far less attractive than a hockey trade for players that will help now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad