Proposal: Q. Hughes to NJ

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Lol bad for vancouver. You can keep TY.
Quinn is showing he is the real deal. A puck moving dman that has 1D potential the canucks havent had in years. Yeah he aint going nowhere even if you offer someone else like hischier.

Hischier gonna be a RNH tier player while quinn will be an elite 1D that can quarterback pps.

Means nothing in NJ that can pry quinn away from canucks. Better and easier to just send jack hughes to canucks

Last edited:

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
This is a more than fair proposal. People are overrating their own prospects as usual. I'm not sure I do it as a Devils fan because there is still the slight chance that we suck again next year and that becomes a lottery pick. What if Taylor Hall refuses to sign long-term and they have to trade him?

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Dont think it's that bad on the surface. Hughes and Smith are not worlds apart so you're just gambling on the 2020 pick in a draft loaded with talent in the top 10.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Why is that not even close? Ty Smith alone is close to as good as Hughes. NJ's 2020 first could easily be a top 10 pick. If I'm Vancouver I'm taking that package all day.

Ty Smith looks like a good prospect, but I don't think he's very close to Quinn. If you think he is, then by all means keep him. Canucks have absolutely no interest in moving one of their very, very few blue chip prospects for a lesser prospect + random pieces they don't really need.

NJ + Hughes + Hughes + healthy Hall + another year of development for Hischier is a playoff bubble team, if not just straight up a playoff team. Their unprotected first is probably closer to 15th overall than 5th overall.

McLeod looks to be progressing decently well, but he's a player the Canucks just don't really need. We have Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette as our top 3 centers and they're all 24 or under and they'd all be ahead of McLeod on the depth chart.

No interest.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Came here expecting quantity offer and no Hischier. Didnt disappoint.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Ty Smith is such an underrated player on HF and elsewhere.Devils fans would be stupid to package him for anything other than a real deal star.

Prefer to keep him, though I think Quinn is phenomenal too. Ultimately, they're different styles of players and both are useful

Reactions: thethinglonger

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Nope. Q. Hughes May be better than Ty but I’m sorry the gap isn’t by that much. No way I’m throwing an unprotected 1st as well when no one has any idea of how next season will shake out. If the devils ended up w another top 10 pick next year it would be an overpayment for sure. Ty looks like he has all the capabilities to become a damn good productive first pairing dmen and potentially a #1. Both teams fans are better off stopping the proposals to get the Hughes brothers to play together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad