Proposal: Q. Hughes to NJ

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Things you can bet your last money onat HFboards:
1: pathological obsession with reuniting brothers.
2. "Value of" threads for guys who teams would be nuts to trade
3. Future being worth 100x present
4. Things HFExperts claim would never happen actually happening.
5. Teams receiving value for players who have been clearly marked "negative value" by our community.
6. Cap dumps and 3rd round picks being calculated as multipliers of value in trade proposals, not the crap they actually are.
7. As soon as a player looks like someone worth keeping, a proposal to trade them somewhere else, because, why would you keep a guy on an ELC who looks like he's going to be a player when You could have someone else's player who hasn't done anything yet?

Don't change Hfboards...
I like this comment.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Vancouver fans claim they dont get lucky yet they got Quinn Hughes where they picked

NJ cant afford him within reason and nor will they overpay. The brothers wont have a chance to meet until at least seven years from now

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Lmao probably the same tournament that made NJ scouts love Hischier more than Pettersson.

Ty Smith is good but he isnt on same level as Q Hughes.

literally head to head in the same tournament and Smith outperformed hughes - it's pretty simple, but yeah , ignore that if you wanna keep on with your cognitive dissonance :D

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
1 tournament indicates everything right? Smith isn’t close to Hughes. Helluva player though.
Smith's NHLe was higher than Quinn's last year. Not saying it's a perfect stat, but there is certainly some smoke that Smith could become the better player

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
1 tournament indicates everything right? Smith isn’t close to Hughes. Helluva player though.

Here's my ranking of that draft class. but we'll see how this looks in a few years - I have a sneaking suspicion Dobson will slip while Wilde rises - but i've been wrong before

Miro>Makar>Smith/Hughes> Dobson/Bouchard> K'andre > Wilde

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Here's my ranking of that draft class. but we'll see how this looks in a few years - I have a sneaking suspicion Dobson will slip while Wilde rises - but i've been wrong before

Miro>Makar>Smith/Hughes> Dobson/Bouchard> K'andre > Wilde
Makar isn’t from that draft class?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
literally head to head in the same tournament and Smith outperformed hughes - it's pretty simple, but yeah , ignore that if you wanna keep on with your cognitive dissonance :D

My point is nobody uses the world jrs as the end all be all of scouting.

Just from a Canuck POV:

Players that were Meh at WJC:
Horvat
Boeser
Pettersson
Hughes

Players that Dominated the WJC:
Markus Granlund
Jordan Schroeser
Cody Hodgson
Olli Juolevi

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
"Isn't close" is just blatant homerism.
It really isn’t. Hughes is dynamic offensively. Smith does not have that potential. He’ll be a solid top 4 guy, maybe even top pairing, but way more of a two way guy. Hughes has that offensive flair to his game that is incredibly hard to find

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad