Proposal: Q. Hughes to NJ

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Even being a UFA I think he signs because we can offer him the Money/term.
The Devils can offer him more money and term than any other team, have two very good centers in the fold, and he's comfortable here. Not to mention he doesn't have to deal with the bat**** crazy Canadian media. Why the hell would he Vancouver over New Jersey

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
So Ty Smith+LaFreniere is still not enough for Quinn? Nucks fans are overrating Quinn big time

I would do Ty Smith and LaFreniere easily.. but that’s not being offered. It’s impossible for any team to offer Lafreniere until they win the 2020 lottery.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Considering the fact that most Devils fans were still holding onto the fantasy that Hischier is better than Pettersson well past the point of reason this season I’m going to predict no productive proposals are possible in this thread. Actually I’m sure there are still some Devils fans who feel Nico>Elias. It’s useless to discuss anything.

Reactions: bh53 and nuxnuxnux

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Let's reunite the Hughes brothers in New Jersey!

To New Jersey: Quinn Hughes

To Vancouver: Ty Smith, 2020 unprotected 1st rounder, Michael McLeod

This is actually a really decent proposal, something that would help both teams though I doubt the Devils would pull the trigger on it, Smith is really under rated.

Feb 19, 2018
The Devils can offer him more money and term than any other team, have two very good centers in the fold, and he's comfortable here. Not to mention he doesn't have to deal with the bat**** crazy Canadian media. Why the hell would he Vancouver over New Jersey

It was a hypothetical trade scenario from someone on his couch at home that has no ties to the situation. You want Quinn we want Taylor.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
The Devils back end is still a joke, I'd give it any 85% chance that pick would be top 10 and the difference between Quin and Ty isn't as great as some are making out here.

Ty Smith put up a similar PPG playing against children while Quinn was playing against men in a much better league. Not a chance they’re even in the same conversation in my view.

Reactions: Steely Van

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Good value wise. However Q Hughes is the best player in this deal and has the highest upside and elite skating. Q Huhges suits the Canucks needs more than the sum of the parts coming back. Would be a no from me.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
The Devils back end is still a joke, I'd give it any 85% chance that pick would be top 10 and the difference between Quin and Ty isn't as great as some are making out here.
There's no way it's this certain. The Devils are not an awful team. Some depth, prime Taylor Hall, an older Hischier, plus add in Hughes, and this team could be anywhere next year. Who thought Calgary would pick 25-30 this year? Who thought Columbus would make the playoffs and potentially beat TB? And NYI would make the playoffs and potentially beat Pittsburgh? Three teams that could all pick 25-31 (ignoring trades). No one predicted that.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
There's no way it's this certain. The Devils are not an awful team. Some depth, prime Taylor Hall, an older Hischier, plus add in Hughes, and this team could be anywhere next year. Who thought Calgary would pick 25-30 this year? Who thought Columbus would make the playoffs and potentially beat TB? And NYI would make the playoffs and potentially beat Pittsburgh? Three teams that could all pick 25-31 (ignoring trades). No one predicted that.
A lot of people had Calgary and Columbus making the playoffs this year

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Let's reunite the Hughes brothers in New Jersey!

To New Jersey: Quinn Hughes

To Vancouver: Ty Smith, 2020 unprotected 1st rounder, Michael McLeod

Not sure that's enough for Vancouver. Would be foolish to trade a young A piece for a group of lesser pieces.

Think Q. Hughes+unprotected 1st for Hichier

Last edited:

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
As a Canuck fan,I think the offer is fair but trading for an unknown pick a year away is risky and Hughes is looking like he’s going to be one of the most exciting players the team has ever had.
It’s gonna take an offer that blows us away to make us willing to part with him at this stage,we’ve suffered too long to start trading away our shiny new toys for lesser futures.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
A lot of people had Calgary and Columbus making the playoffs this year
But did they have Calgary winning the conference? Did they have all three of those teams picking at the end of the round in the draft (ignoring trades)? I would be surprised if a single person predicted all of that. The point is, you can never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad