Rumor: Pulju to KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I never stated they could get a 3rd, I'm sure he could return a decent prospect or even a impact depth player

There are a few gm's who aren't snoozing on him. Holland likes Euro players himself we know so that's definitely why he's still an Oiler at the moment(and no reasonable offers as its early July, gm's will be giving Holland a ring you can count on that)

We couldn’t get Rust for him. A 27 year old, 5’11, 30 something point winger was asking too much. If that’s too much, how are we going to find a way to get an impact player?

Shhhhh you’re ruining the narrative that Bob Stauffer, Frag, BBO and others are desperately trying to write.

Oh come on. Because Bryan works for the Oilers now? People are frustrated that he apparently cast the team aside because he wasn’t given minutes, despite not earning them. He’s acting like a child.

If he signs a contract, and shows up to camp, people will let it go. If he keeps pulling this trade me or I’m going back to Europe crap, people shouldn’t act surprised that he’s not getting support from the fans.

If he had respect for the city, fans and teammates he wouldnt of said "trade me or I go to Europe, not ever playing for Edmonton"

He is probably back pedalling cause teams don't want him enough for Holland to move him.

Exactly. If he had any respect for the team and fans, he would have asked for the trade, but still signed a one year deal and gotten ready for camp if things didn’t work. Instead, he took his ball and is going home until the other kids give him what he wants.

Lol how does bending to JPs demands and getting scraps for him benefit the Oilers? That’s hilarious.

No kidding. Unless some team suddenly decide to overvalue him, and give us a legit prospect, we get screwed in any trade. The moment Rust for Pulju was turned down by Pittsburgh, that became obvious.

Reactions: frag2

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
He didn't say anything new. This is just TSN rehashing ****.
That's what I was thinking. It sounds like the same story run again. Any way to confirm?

Don't they have a story about nostrils they can rehash or how Dubas is a genius for f***ing up the Leafs?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That's what I was thinking. It sounds like the same story run again. Any way to confirm?

Don't they have a story about nostrils they can rehash or how Dubas is a genius for ****ing up the Leafs?
It is the same story. It’s a distraction piece to make Oilers fans angry and lead fans forget about Marner. Or being signed for a minute.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You mean the narrative his agent and people close to the team who know more than you or I are writing?

No the narrative that goes against all the quote from coaches and the other poster that I replied to posted. It’s ok. For you to be wrong or not understand. It’s ok.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Coming from the master of moving goalposts for JP...that's golden.

Nah that’s you bud. Or have you always had a hate on for him?

Show me where I moved a goal post or wavered in my opinion that both parties are at fault for totally ruining the chance for the Oilers to have an impact player.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No the narrative that goes against all the quote from coaches and the other poster that I replied to posted. It’s ok. For you to be wrong or not understand. It’s ok.
So he is either not working hard on the right thing or is lazy or he is a talentless player. It's one or the other. He isn't talentless, his abilities at lower levels prove that.

And him saying he is done playing for the Oilers and publically demanding a trade, something that almost never happens....he is doing that cause he is a great guy and teammate?

Reactions: frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Show me where I moved a goal post or wavered in my opinion that both parties are at fault for totally ruining the chance for the Oilers to have an impact player.

I've never hated him until after he demanded out. He can GTFO after that.

But I've always been skeptical (first guy to call out his English in the draft thread) and came away disappointed game in game out.

You just take every critical piece about JP personally for some reason.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
So much of that was doublespeak. “Loves Edmonton and his team but it doesn’t matter that we have a new GM and coach, the team is still the team and he should be traded.” F me does he seem entitled or his agent is just crazy and he trusts.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017

You are absolutely delusional when it comes to this guy. Really, watch some hockey. That guy has and had zero chance to become an impact player. His "talent", such that it is, is close to non existent. He can skate in a forward direction. Thats it. He cant stickhandle, pass, and his shot is a joke. He has zero fast twitch muscles in his body, making him incapable of doing anything quickly and he cant/wont compete. You add that up together with a brain of an atom tier 3 player, his unwillingless to do what it takes to do what it takes to get better, and you get Puju.
I get lotsa fans have players they love, but to suggest Oilers ruined the possibility of creating an impact player is laughable.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Where have I crapped on the new management at all. You’re twisting words and misrepresenting posters, especially myself here. Didn’t think that was your style. Everything you’ve said in relation to my posts has been wrong and hyperbolic. Guess that’s what happens when emotion takes over for logic.

This post is the type equivalent of verbal diarrhea. You talk about emotion yet you take any critiques of Jesse as if they were personal shots at yourself. Based on the latest from Jesse's agent he's already seeing that the writing is on the wall, odds are that it's the KHL or Edmonton so he is starting to play nice. Hopefully for Jesse's sake he gets himself going and then decides that he wants to stay or at least accumulates enough value to have Holland consider trading him for something useful here.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So much of that was doublespeak. “Loves Edmonton and his team but it doesn’t matter that we have a new GM and coach, the team is still the team and he should be traded.” F me does he seem entitled or his agent is just crazy and he trusts.

If Jesse really isn't a very bright bulb he maybe getting really bad advice as well from his agent. IMO the best thing that could happen is that Jesse realizes that no one wants to trade for him because he has been a disappointment, he takes it to heart, works on what he needs to work on, returns to Edmonton and ****ing kills it and breaks out for 50ish points. Winning cures a lot of things, buckle up and work your tail off Jesse.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
If Jesse really isn't a very bright bulb he maybe getting really bad advice as well from his agent. IMO the best thing that could happen is that Jesse realizes that no one wants to trade for him because he has been a disappointment, he takes it to heart, works on what he needs to work on, returns to Edmonton and ****ing kills it and breaks out for 50ish points. Winning cures a lot of things, buckle up and work your tail off Jesse.
That’s the dream. I actually never thought this would be a thing. A bust? Surprising but ok. Hating the locker room(taking a leap here) really surprises me. Maybe it was just those silly clips of pizza eating but he seemed really lighthearted and easygoing.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
As many of you have pointed out, the Oilers lack wingers, there is a new coach and GM and still he wants out - there must be good reasons for that. As I have stated previously, I certainly wouldn't want to work in an environment that does not appreciate me.

Seems to me that perhaps the captain could do something to remedy the situation as all things point towards problems in the locker room. Seems he can't be bothered though.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Seems to me that perhaps the captain could do something to remedy the situation as all things point towards problems in the locker room. Seems he can't be bothered though.
B1DAkBN.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think the agent sees Puljujarvi headed on the same trajectory of Yakupov and wants to stop it.

From their POV, I get it. This franchise does have all the hallmarks of a gong show and I understand why his agent would feel like he's gotta get his kid outta here before they totally destroy him.

I also get why Holland is just not going to gift him away.

I can see both sides of it. I don't think it's anything personal from either side either.

Reactions: Throttlehead

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
This post is the type equivalent of verbal diarrhea. You talk about emotion yet you take any critiques of Jesse as if they were personal shots at yourself. Based on the latest from Jesse's agent he's already seeing that the writing is on the wall, odds are that it's the KHL or Edmonton so he is starting to play nice. Hopefully for Jesse's sake he gets himself going and then decides that he wants to stay or at least accumulates enough value to have Holland consider trading him for something useful here.
I’m perfectly fine with criticizing Jesse myself lol. It’s bullshit hyperbole like you’re posting that directly contradicts quotes from coaches and management that is verbal diarrhea. You saw that the cool thing to do was to start dissing Jesse and making crap up and decided to jump on board. Pretty weak Bryan.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I’m perfectly fine with criticizing Jesse myself lol. It’s bull**** hyperbole like you’re posting that directly contradicts quotes from coaches and management that is verbal diarrhea. You saw that the cool thing to do was to start dissing Jesse and making crap up and decided to jump on board. Pretty weak Bryan.

Prove it.

What have I said that contradicts coaches and management? Do you think that coaches and management have been pleased with his NHL career thus far?

Yes, I'm doing it just to be cool, it has nothing to do with Jesse's BS demands.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Prove it.

What have I said that contradicts coaches and management? Do you think that coaches and management have been pleased with his NHL career thus far?

Yes, I'm doing it just to be cool, it has nothing to do with Jesse's BS demands.

With all respect, and in your case I mean it even more than usually, but I have to say I've been suprised by the change of your tone. I mean I understand you take these things passionately and I understand you're disapppointed, nothing wrong about that. But you certainly haven't always liked the way the team has handled Pulju and in many ways you have seen him in a different light compared to what you're now writing.

Let's assume the articles and comments about the Oilers wanting to trade Pulju first are true. Wouldn't that change things quite drastically? I don't understand how people could blame Pulju so strongly for a lack of commitment, but at the same time think it's perfectly fine for the team to do so first. I mean you call it a BS demand, but what should you call a team saying in public they're ready to trade a player if a right offer comes in. Isn't that a bit like the case with Rieder last year?

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
The good thing about trading a player is you only do it with the GM that gives the player the highest value. I'm sure someone will pay a price that'll help the Oilers.

This is just a rough idea, but let's say another team gives a 2nd and a 4th for him. Then there'd be a ladder deal with three steps according to goals/points next season:

First step: 3rd (2021),
Second step: 2nd (2021)
Third step (set very high to cover an exceptional season): 2nd (2021) and a 3rd (2021)

So if Puljujarvi fails next season the Oilers could be happy they at least got a 2nd and a 4th. But if he has a pretty good season and reaches the numbers for the second step you'd got the following for him:

2nd, 2nd(2021), 3rd (2021), 4th

For sure these would have value and could help immediately. You could use them with trades, to get rid of a bad contract or to maybe to get a 1st round pick. I could see some other team grabbing this, too, because the initial price for the potential is reasonable and if Puljujarvi does well he's worth the extra picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad