Rumor: Pulju to KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Best move for his development. Won't be forced onto an NHL roster next season and the Oilers will have a close eye on his development seeing as Jokerit is owned by Jari Kurri.
This is pretty much my thought, let him develop as a person and a player in a place where he might be more comfortable, and hopefully he has a strong year and can become a good piece going forward.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Interesting. Was surprised to read that this morning. Even though I think it would be best for JP's development (considering his waiver status) was still a bit surprised that the team would be willing to do this.

Fact that the team has indicated that this would be a surprise is kinda weird as well. Maybe its just a fluff piece but part of me thinks there is some truth to the rumour. I wonder what the intentions of JP and his agent are? Trying to leverage the situation for more money or seriously concerned about his development? I wouldnt be surprised if its more the first point. I'll be honest as much as people blame the team for JP (and I do think there is considerable blame), I honestly dont think JP himself and his agent have done himself any favours. (I wonder if the way this will play out is just another poor decision on their part).

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I’m okay with basically “loaning” him out to another league next year, maybe returning as an impact pro the year later. I was hyped when this kid was available at 4th, still think there’s a player of some sort there although he’s a huge project.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Interesting. Was surprised to read that this morning. Even though I think it would be best for JP's development (considering his waiver status) was still a bit surprised that the team would be willing to do this.

The Oilers wouldn't have a choice. They can't prevent Puljujarvi from signing in the KHL if that's what he wants to do.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The Oilers wouldn't have a choice. They can't prevent Puljujarvi from signing in the KHL if that's what he wants to do.

You're right but as stated in my post I just wonder if this has to do with JP and his agent leveraging the team for more money or something for JP. I think the team and JP should be concerned about his development and they should be working together to come up with a plan that will benefit JP long term. Just from the way things have been the last couple years, its seems obvious to me that theres been no plan for JP and/or JP/agent have used to EU status as a ploy to keep him in the NHL more than he should of been.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I hope this is true. Another year of struggling in the NHL is going to ruin his chance of having a long term career. Needs to work on his game in a MAJOR way, without the pressure of performing at an NHL level.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Sobotka, Nichushkin, Grigerenko.

Little faith at this point JP ever becomes a valuable player for us.

Whos the last player to go overseas and come back impactful?

Reactions: oXo Cube

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

I think it would be important to point out that Europe being the "best" development option for Puljujarvi to play in doesn't mean it's actually a good one.

The league he needs to be in is the AHL but alas that's not how the rules work anymore.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You're right but as stated in my post I just wonder if this has to do with JP and his agent leveraging the team for more money or something for JP. I think the team and JP should be concerned about his development and they should be working together to come up with a plan that will benefit JP long term. Just from the way things have been the last couple years, its seems obvious to me that theres been no plan for JP and/or JP/agent have used to EU status as a ploy to keep him in the NHL more than he should of been.
Puljus agent seems to think Pulju needs tlno development and deserves elite 1st Line minutes.

As bad as the team as been. I think the other side has been just as hard to deal with

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

You telling me you wouldn't take Sobotka, Nichuskin or Grigorenko on the Oilers even if they were free?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
But but he needs the confidence.... I agree with you.

If he is willing to flee to the KHL, cut ties and trade his ass before his value plummets further
I have to be honestly signing with Jokerik, the Finnish team in the KHL, and going to for SKA or some other Russian team is different in my mind.

Edit: Puljujarvi to the KHL is misleading imo.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I have to be honestly signing with Jokerik, the Finnish team in the KHL, and going to for SKA or some other Russian team is different in my mind.

Edit: Puljujarvi to the KHL is misleading imo.
What?

It's a KHL team. He would be leaving to play in the KHL. There is nothing misleading there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->