Rumor: Pulju to KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Funny how it’s the same quote as a month ago but so many posters here are acting as if it’s new news.

Some people may have missed it the first time. It’s a new article on TSN.

Reactions: nabob

North

Jun 25, 2009
The point being is that it couldnt have been more obvious that learning english was going to be an asset.
Its clear that isnt going to stop you from looking for excuses though.

I mean as soon as he decided the NHL was where he wanted to play he should have started learning the basics.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
His ELC is done...

Yeah I have plenty of friends who have been in that situation who I have helped get work, that I have called to get them interviews, even ones I have let stay with me until they got back to work... that’s empathy. Sitting on the internet, on your soap box, not being able to understand the context of a discussion doesn’t make you empathetic. It makes you self righteous and fake.

It doesn’t matter if I said I worked in oil and gas or car sales FFS. The point is that people who set themselves apart from the norm have more options. Jesse was in the top 0.001% of hockey players for his birth year, he and his agent probably still feel like that means something. You’re just looking for something to be offended by and looking for someway to look down on others and make yourself look good. It’s pretty pathetic. That is virtue signaling.

Whatever.

He asked for a trade while still on his ELC.

It's been proven in this thread that you lie in your posts.

Have a good day.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I mean as soon as he decided the NHL was where he wanted to play he should have started learning the basics.

Absolutely.
We are talking about the potential of millions of dollars....there is no excuse for not involving some sort of planning here.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Puljujarvi doesn't have much value today and it won't be going up anytime soon.

Move him now while you can win the trade.

You wait too long and you will be lucky with a 6th rounder or you won't get anything in return.

A lot of gm's will have zero interest in what he is pulling off already.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The point being is that it couldnt have been more obvious that learning english was going to be an asset.
Its clear that isnt going to stop you from looking for excuses though.

Of course knowing languages is an asset. It's just that Puljujärvi's educational issues go much deeper than that and for that reason he's not in the position to learn languages well. Like I said, you can not learn a foreign language fluently if you do not know your own language well.

North

Jun 25, 2009

You wait too long and you will be lucky with a 6th rounder or you won't get anything in return.

We can’t win the trade now. His play degraded his value and now he and his agent have further tanked it.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
That's Edmonton's right in relation to other NHL organizations in accordance with their mutual agreements, it does not directly concern Puljujärvi at all. Towards the Oilers or any other NHL organization Puljujärvi has no obligations whatsoever now that he's out of contract.

Oh yeah, he can go hard over there. Hopefully he has fun making a third of what he would here while playing against subpar competition.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

We are hoping that he goes to Europe, plays well and then ups his value.

Right now I think the Oilers would be lucky to get a second or third rounder for him.

That's horrible value. Better to wait and see what happens. The kid has a ton of talent.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The only scenario that I see brings us value is if he agrees to come back to play in 20-21.

We were literally looking to get a third liner for the guy before his agent made it very clear he wanted out and wouldn't play for us at all this year. So what kind of value does he really have now?

Rather him go back to Europe and after a year realize he should play for the Oilers and drive up his trade value.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Right now I think the Oilers would be lucky to get a second or third rounder for him.

That's horrible value. Better to wait and see what happens. The kid has a ton of talent.
I don't think we get a second and I really have no interest in a 3rd.

When is a third going to have any sort of impact for us? 4 years from now? Rather let the Europe route play out.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
After Puljujarvi pulled this wouldn't you think he'd be ashamed to return to Edmonton? I just don't think he'd return whatsoever to the Oil lineup so it's not worth the gamble to see if he excels in a lesser league.

And then what if he does excel in a lesser league, his value won't boost up crazy. I get what I can get for him now rather play the waiting game.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
After Puljujarvi pulled this wouldn't you think he'd be ashamed to return to Edmonton? I just don't think he'd return whatsoever to the Oil lineup so it's not worth the gamble to see if he excels in a lesser league.

And then what if he does excel in a lesser league, his value won't boost up crazy. I get what I can get for him now than play the waiting game.
If he starts dominating in Europe I can definitely see a team try to pick him up for value. It's worth keeping him for that reason alone rather than trade him for the garbage he'd return now. And if he further tanks his value the Oilers are out a 3rd round pick or so. Big woop.

The only way IMO he gets traded any time soon will be as a sweetener in a much bigger deal.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

And then what if he does excel in a lesser league, his value won't boost up crazy. I get what I can get for him now rather play the waiting game.
The guy can't speak English, he can just play dumb in interviews.

Drouin ended up coming back to the Lightning, so it's not really unheard of. I do understand your thought process though. I just think it's worth the risk to see if he matures as a person. The risk is worth it IMO as his return would be garbage

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If he starts dominating in Europe I can definitely see a team try to pick him up for value. It's worth keeping him for that reason alone rather than trade him for the garbage he'd return now. And if he further tanks his value the Oilers are out a 3rd round pick or so. Big woop.

The only way IMO he gets traded any time soon will be as a sweetener in a much bigger deal.

They are out of a 3rd round pick as you say but then again where was Puljujarvi drafted?

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta

Actually value is more like 3rd or 4th rounder.

Good season in Europe would get it higher and make trading easier and profitable.

Holland said in a interview that he had player in wings saying that they would not play in there and they played. So there is that also.

So no rush here.

Oh. I think you are right, just valued Jesse to high :)

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
The guy can't speak English, he can just play dumb in interviews.

Drouin ended up coming back to the Lightning, so it's not really unheard of. I do understand your thought process though. I just think it's worth the risk to see if he matures as a person. The risk is worth it IMO as his return would be garbage

I know what you're saying but this organization and gambling is what I don't trust :laugh:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
All the more reason to hope he ups his value in Europe rather than dump him now for garbage.

We need to be in win mode now, McDavid and Drai aren't getting any younger. Not play the waiting game.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I don't think we get a second and I really have no interest in a 3rd.

When is a third going to have any sort of impact for us? 4 years from now? Rather let the Europe route play out.

Me neither. Also, he doesn’t deserve another chance with another NHL team. At this point he’ll have to earn credibility by playing from the bottom and working his way back in. The idea of not “fitting” an organization is such a lame excuse. You think McDavid’s ever thought about how he “fits” in an organization? He changes the organization to fit him. He’s not the kind of player I even want on the Oilers. I actually think having him gone will be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad