Rumor: Pulju to KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
32c057d0-431a-4727-a55c-eb4a84953227_785661_CUSTOM.jpg
Ahh gotcha, stupid me.

Probably will be good for him, except finding good pizza on road trips.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He didn't say anything new. This is just TSN rehashing ****.

https://www.tsn.ca/agent-jesse-puljujarvi-edmonton-oilers-seem-to-not-be-a-fit-1.1334614

Ya, I just came across this article and started getting a little hot under the collar. Then I watched the video and WTF!!! it's ****ing old. TSN put this up as bloody click bait. What a bunch of spineless twits. TSN can **** off!!!

Yep.

The new article on TSN, is just citing (to verbatim) the report from June 19th, when the full trade request went public. And even that was just confirming the smoke that McKenzie remarked on at the start of June.

Outside of the mid-June trade request, there really hasn't been any comment from Pulju or his agent. Just this re-publish of last month's translation.

Reactions: nabob and Aerrol

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
I personally think year in Finnish Liiga would be better for Jesses development than KHL.

Liiga has smaller rinks and it is physical skating league with high tempo.
Jesse needs to learn how to play in those enviroments. KHL is not what he needs to learn with huge rinks etc.

Sadly money is the thing here....

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Couple things that crossed my mind.

I would be curious if Puljujarvi was living to his expectations and was hitting 80 points the last 3 years that there would be more uproar in the fanbase for him leaving.

Also, if he was living to his expectations, would he actually ask for a trade?

And the fact if he did want to stay (in the hypothetical situation), we wouldn't have the cap space to sign him anyways and would probably have to trade him regardless, right?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I personally think year in Finnish Liiga would be better for Jesses development than KHL.

Liiga has smaller rinks and it is physical skating league with high tempo.
Jesse needs to learn how to play in those enviroments. KHL is not what he needs to learn with huge rinks etc.

Sadly money is the thing here....

How much is he likely to get in the KHL/Jokerit? If I were betting, I'd guess he could 1.2/1.3 deal with the Oilers easy enough. I'm not sure Jokerit would offer even half that, or even commit a big role to him. Considering they're one of the bigger teams, they tend to favour established talent vs. gifting minutes to projects.

All in all though, I think you'll see him in Edmonton this fall. No NHL team is going to offer up anywhere near decent value, and I don't see him (or his agent) leaving $500,000+ on the table, especially when he would still get similar offers from Europe next year if he fails to cement himself as an NHL'er.

I do agree though that Liiga would be best spot for him. He'd get the minutes he needs, and that would also help him mature a bit, being a go-to guy.

I think that's Jeese's biggest issue: he's still more of a kid and not the most professional (a 21 year old not being professional?! *gasp!*). I think that's what caused him issues in Edmonton, and I'm not sure if that would be any different with Jokerit (will they have time to tolerate a kid?).

He needs to go to a spot where they're will to put extra attention on him and will help him grow away from the rink. Though admittedly a Holland (and Tippett) run organisation give me some hope on that.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Prove it.

What have I said that contradicts coaches and management? Do you think that coaches and management have been pleased with his NHL career thus far?

Yes, I'm doing it just to be cool, it has nothing to do with Jesse's BS demands.

Prove what? I have put tons of criticism on Jesse. Just think it’s a joke when fans like yourself continually give management a free pass. That’s the past management, not the new management, in case you feel like intentionally misquoting me again. In ten years they’ve developed only a couple of prospects who weren’t first overall picks. It’s pathetic.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yep.

The new article on TSN, is just citing (to verbatim) the report from June 19th, when the full trade request went public. And even that was just confirming the smoke that McKenzie remarked on at the start of June.

Outside of the mid-June trade request, there really hasn't been any comment from Pulju or his agent. Just this re-publish of last month's translation.

It worked. TSN knows what they’re doing. Tons of posters from here, even a mod have been fooled into thinking this is somehow new material and the Jesse is whining even more.

Reactions: Panda Bear

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It worked. TSN knows what they’re doing. Tons of posters from here, even a mod have been fooled into thinking this is somehow new material and the Jesse is whining even more.

That article may be old [or rather the source of the material] but explain the agent coming out again to talk about it on Vancouver radio. What exactly are they trying to accomplish?

Also, for someone that is bitching about others referencing an, admittedly, clickbait article off TSN using rehashed materials, funny you and GameChanger referencing material from January 2019 as if JP's character hasn't changed since then

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
After Puljujarvi pulled this wouldn't you think he'd be ashamed to return to Edmonton? I just don't think he'd return whatsoever to the Oil lineup so it's not worth the gamble to see if he excels in a lesser league.

And then what if he does excel in a lesser league, his value won't boost up crazy. I get what I can get for him now rather play the waiting game.
Id rather him waste his career toiling in Europe then give him away for a 3rd or less. Even if its 0.01% chance he ups his value in Europe its worth the risk.

Worst case scenario: Shows other players/GMs Holland wont be bullied and we lose a bust who based on your post and the main board is not worth anything.

Best case scenario: He pulls a Drouin and we trade him for something good or he returns a more mature person and wants to give the NHL another shot

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Prove what? I have put tons of criticism on Jesse. Just think it’s a joke when fans like yourself continually give management a free pass. That’s the past management, not the new management, in case you feel like intentionally misquoting me again. In ten years they’ve developed only a couple of prospects who weren’t first overall picks. It’s pathetic.
I can’t will until JP gets traded and you can finally stop defending him with your head in the sand.

Reactions: frag2

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
How much is he likely to get in the KHL/Jokerit? If I were betting, I'd guess he could 1.2/1.3 deal with the Oilers easy enough. I'm not sure Jokerit would offer even half that, or even commit a big role to him. Considering they're one of the bigger teams, they tend to favour established talent vs. gifting minutes to projects.

All in all though, I think you'll see him in Edmonton this fall. No NHL team is going to offer up anywhere near decent value, and I don't see him (or his agent) leaving $500,000+ on the table, especially when he would still get similar offers from Europe next year if he fails to cement himself as an NHL'er.

I do agree though that Liiga would be best spot for him. He'd get the minutes he needs, and that would also help him mature a bit, being a go-to guy.

I think that's Jeese's biggest issue: he's still more of a kid and not the most professional (a 21 year old not being professional?! *gasp!*). I think that's what caused him issues in Edmonton, and I'm not sure if that would be any different with Jokerit (will they have time to tolerate a kid?).

He needs to go to a spot where they're will to put extra attention on him and will help him grow away from the rink. Though admittedly a Holland (and Tippett) run organisation give me some hope on that.

Jokerit did hire Räsänen last year. Toronto 2nd round pick.
Though Jokerit would have to get Jesses KHL right.

Money is a issue when Jesse comes to Europe. He can make mutch more in Jokerit, though Kärpät has loads of money.

I am quite sure Jesse plays in Europe next season.
NHL after that, well it depends how good Jesse plays.
He has to start showing elite talent.

Reactions: Aerchon

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Id rather him waste his career toiling in Europe then give him away for a 3rd or less. Even if its 0.01% chance he ups his value in Europe its worth the risk.

Worst case scenario: Shows other players/GMs Holland wont be bullied and we lose a bust who based on your post and the main board is not worth anything.

Best case scenario: He pulls a Drouin and we trade him for something good or he returns a more mature person and wants to give the NHL another shot

Ya if you trade him for a 3rd, you’re like 5 years away from MAYBE getting a player. May as well keep Jesse for that time and see if he improves/comes back

North

Jun 25, 2009
What a circus this franchise is.. From the hiring carousel of staff, the inability to make the playoffs with the best player in the world, the lack of developing prospects. Just move the kid and move on this team has done enough harm to careers..

Not going to defend previous management but Puljujarvi owns some responsibility for his lack of development.

The Oilers aren’t going to give him away so he can go to Europe or suck it up and try to be a contributing member to this team.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Today's Thought Experiment
If you were a player whose team had been looking to trade you for the right price over the past six months, would you be 100% committed to that team?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
What a circus this franchise is.. From the hiring carousel of staff, the inability to make the playoffs with the best player in the world, the lack of developing prospects. Just move the kid and move on this team has done enough harm to careers..

He and his agent handled it poorly.

Let em rot. By requesting a trade the way he did he may well have ruined his own career. No team on this side of the ocean or the other is going to welcome a player who turns his back on his team. Looks very bad for him. I sincerely doubt he will have the opportunities moving forward than he would have playing in the nhl. I think what little leash he had for mistakes has gotten shorter.

If he plays great in Europe maybe the Oilers can get something for him. I'm not banking on that happening.

Ditch Donkey

Oct 3, 2017
Not going to defend previous management but Puljujarvi owns some responsibility for his lack of development.

The Oilers aren’t going to give him away so he can go to Europe or suck it up and try to be a contributing member to this team.
He'd probably be better off in Europe truthfully.. Could be a winning culture and maybe some development, I've mentioned this before why continue down a path that clearly isn't working. Magnus Paajarvi 2.0

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results..

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Jesse's agent Markus Lehto was interviewed today about the situation. The part about Jesse starts at about 2h 20m.

July 9 : Tanner Pearson ready for break out season - Sportsnet.ca

So Jesse's agent made it very clear.... Jesse wants a trade and the fact that there is new Management in Edmonton is irrelevant. His reasoning behind why the new management is irrelevant was about as weak as it gets. Also he was clear that Europe wasnt an option and that Jesse is an NHL player.

The final analysis...In his mind Jesse has done everything right and it just hasnt worked out in Edmonton.
No accountability for the player at all. None.
Speaks volumes IMO.

Pretty much what we thought.

Ditch Donkey

Oct 3, 2017
He and his agent handled it poorly.

Let em rot. By requesting a trade the way he did he may well have ruined his own career. No team on this side of the ocean or the other is going to welcome a player who turns his back on his team. Looks very bad for him. I sincerely doubt he will have the opportunities moving forward than he would have playing in the nhl. I think what little leash he had for mistakes has gotten shorter.

If he plays great in Europe maybe the Oilers can get something for him. I'm not banking on that happening.

Teams are going to see how he was mishandled and take a flyer.. Holland is just not gonna bite, fresh slate for him he could careless as that wasn't his move.

Chia is a lot to blame for all of this and obviously a lot of other reason's, the kid needs consistency and mentoring he was brought over and could barely speak a lick of English, flipped from the AHL to NHL.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Teams are going to see how he was mishandled and take a flyer.. Holland is just not gonna bite, fresh slate for him he could careless as that wasn't his move.

Chia is a lot to blame for all of this and obviously a lot of other reason's, the kid needs consistency and mentoring he was brought over and could barely speak a lick of English, flipped from the AHL to NHL.

It’s Chia’s fault Jesse couldn’t speak English, and that he didn’t listen to the team when they tried to get him to learn it?

Jesse needs to quit blaming everyone else, show up, and put the work in. If he wants out, he’s going to have to prove to other teams that he’s not a waste of their assets to acquire

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The final analysis...In his mind Jesse has done everything right and it just hasnt worked out in Edmonton.
No accountability for the player at all. None.

Incorrect. What he said is that he sees the relationship as a two-way street and indicated that the Oilers have not always seen it the same way. That the organization should have supported Jesse's development more instead of just demanding performance from him.

Reactions: HockeyHistorian

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Incorrect. What he said is that he sees the relationship as a two-way street and indicated that the Oilers have not always seen it the same way. That the organization should have supported Jesse's development more instead of just demanding performance from him.

Interesting story.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That article may be old [or rather the source of the material] but explain the agent coming out again to talk about it on Vancouver radio. What exactly are they trying to accomplish?

Also, for someone that is *****ing about others referencing an, admittedly, clickbait article off TSN using rehashed materials, funny you and GameChanger referencing material from January 2019 as if JP's character hasn't changed since then
That’s kind of how it works when posters like yourself and Bryan repeatedly say “prove it” when saying coaches have a lot of good things to say about Jesse’s work ethic...do you think Hitchcock or TMac are spending their summer giving reviews of former players? :laugh:

His character has changed? You’ve been trashing his character since he was drafted...he asked for a trade. He didn’t start kicking babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad