Rumor: Pulju to KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Incorrect. What he said is that he sees the relationship as a two-way street and indicated that the Oilers have not always seen it the same way. That the organization should have supported Jesse's development more instead of just demanding performance from him.

It’s almost like the Oilers have been terrible since forever at actually developing players. Sure McDavid and Drai reaches their potential as Oilers. But if a player isn’t a top 3 pick they might as well be forgotten.

North

Jun 25, 2009
So Jesse's agent made it very clear.... Jesse wants a trade and the fact that there is new Management in Edmonton is irrelevant. His reasoning behind why the new management is irrelevant was about as weak as it gets. Also he was clear that Europe wasnt an option and that Jesse is an NHL player.

The final analysis...In his mind Jesse has done everything right and it just hasnt worked out in Edmonton.
No accountability for the player at all. None.
Speaks volumes IMO.

Pretty much what we thought.

Well right now the choice is Europe or Edmonton.

They can figure out for themselves what they want to do.

Holland isn’t trading him for pennies on the dollar no matter who his agent talks to.

I think his agent thinks continually going to the media is going to turn the heat up on Holland.

He needs to have a conversation with Andreas Athanasiou’s agent and see how that worked out for him.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I can’t will until JP gets traded and you can finally stop defending him with your head in the sand.

Do you realize that I just posted about how much I have criticized Jesse...

You’re the one defending the Edmonton Oilers management. Let that sink in. The worst management group in modern NHL history. The management group who has wasted and failed to develop more top prospects than any other...you’re defending them damn near to the death here.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It’s almost like the Oilers have been terrible since forever at actually developing players. Sure McDavid and Drai reaches their potential as Oilers. But if a player isn’t a top 3 pick they might as well be forgotten.

Eberle, Klefbom, Nurse (still developing). Not top three picks yet they seemed to be okay.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Do you realize that I just posted about how much I have criticized Jesse...

You’re the one defending the Edmonton Oilers management. Let that sink in. The worst management group in modern NHL history. The management group who has wasted and failed to develop more top prospects than any other...you’re defending them damn near to the death here.
I’m defending the Oilers management? What are you talking about?

Reactions: frag2

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Jesse's agent Markus Lehto was interviewed today about the situation. The part about Jesse starts at about 2h 20m.

July 9 : Tanner Pearson ready for break out season - Sportsnet.ca

The most interesting tidbit of info is that he backtracked on the supposed trade or Europe demand. If Jesse is open to the possibility of coming back, you don’t even slightly bend on your trade ask. There’s no question he has red flags, but if he comes in with the right mindset, there’s still a chance we see an effective player next year

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Eberle, Klefbom, Nurse (still developing). Not top three picks yet they seemed to be okay.

Eberle has been a pretty big disappointment after his rookie season. Can’t really say the Oilers developed him at all as he was a better player his first game than he has been since. I’ll give you Klefbom because the Oilers can’t control all of his injuries. So that’s one pick that you could say has reached his potential and been developed well out of hundreds. Pretty damning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad