Rumor: Pulju to KHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Me neither. Also, he doesn’t deserve another chance with another NHL team. At this point he’ll have to earn credibility by playing from the bottom and working his way back in. The idea of not “fitting” an organization is such a lame excuse. You think McDavid’s ever thought about how he “fits” in an organization? He changes the organization to fit him. He’s not the kind of player I even want on the Oilers. I actually think having him gone will be an improvement.
I really hope Holland told his agent the same thing as Yak. You go find a trade. Find out what the guys true value really is themselves.

Reactions: TheRebuild

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
So trade Jesse asap for a 3rd because that will help us win now? Huh?

I never stated they could get a 3rd, I'm sure he could return a decent prospect or even a impact depth player

There are a few gm's who aren't snoozing on him. Holland likes Euro players himself we know so that's definitely why he's still an Oiler at the moment(and no reasonable offers as its early July, gm's will be giving Holland a ring you can count on that)

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I never stated they could get a 3rd, I'm sure he could return a decent prospect or even a impact depth player

There are a few gm's who aren't snoozing on him. Holland likes Euro players himself we know so that's definitely why he's still an Oiler at the moment(and no reasonable offers as its early July, gm's will be giving Holland a ring you can count on that)
If the Oilers can get a good asset for him that helps now, of course do it. But I seriously doubt any other team would offer it. Especially after another round of his agent spouting off again.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt regarding maturity but I don't quite understand:

New GM
New coach
A superstar leader in Mac-D who is mature, thoughtful and intelligent.
I think the same can be said for most of the guys on the team, they seem like a good bunch in terms of their interviews.

So what exactly is the problem? Seems like a sweet deal to me.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Of course knowing languages is an asset. It's just that Puljujärvi's educational issues go much deeper than that and for that reason he's not in the position to learn languages well. Like I said, you can not learn a foreign language fluently if you do not know your own language well.

Well...then I guess it should be obvious to Jesse that the bulk of the problem lies with him.
Its become quite clear that he isnt self aware enough to realize this and his agent isnt smart enough to know when to shut his mouth.
What a fine pair...they deserve each other.

This team is better off without him.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Stacker29

Feb 17, 2015
I really want him to stay in the NHL. I want him to succeed in North America. I hope somebody acquires him, I’m not even going to be greedy and say I want the Leafs to. I just want him to succeed.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I sometimes have to pinch myself as I can't believe how things are turning in so many people's heads. Now I've seen plenty of posts where fellow posters call Puljujarvi lazy. And say he's thinking he's too good. That's quite the opposite from what I've read and heard from plenty of reliable sources.

And according to some of the things I've read it seems the Oilers wanted to get rid of Puljujarvi first. If that's true it must've affected the way he feels. I'm not saying anyone or any organization is the bad guy, I'm just certain things aren't as simple as many posters are saying.

I would encourage everyone to read this article, I think it's got some good points:

Edmonton Oilers have hurt Jesse Puljujarvi's confidence and his game, says Finnish sportswriter

- He said he could not blame Hitchcock for his ice time situation. “I haven’t earned that more that that. If I didn’t do anything at the time, then it’s like this.”
- Seppalla asked Puljujarvi about the possibility of being traded. “Yes, I’ve seen rumour, but I just need to go day by day. I don’t think about trade,” Puljujarvi said.
- But Puljujarvi told the reporter: “Let’s look at how this goes on. This is hard. For three years now, this has been a bit like so and so.. difficult time but no can do, need to just try fight harder.”
- Based on the tone of the article, Seppela appeared to have his mind made up when he talked to Puljujarvi that the young player was getting a raw deal, but the player himself doesn’t sound sour. He may not be happy that he’s not yet thriving, but Puljujarvi said all the right things, such as him needing to earn his ice time and owning up to a mistake he made in the game.
- Bob Stauffer of the Oilers organization has several times praised Puljujarvi’s work ethic and fitness, most recently talking about how Puljujarvi and goalie Mikko Koskinen are often on the ice working both before and after practice.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Whatever.

He asked for a trade while still on his ELC.

It's been proven in this thread that you lie in your posts.

Have a good day.

“Proven”

It’s proven you’re a virtue signaling do gooder that’s just looking for an argument because you failed to understand a simple concept.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I sometimes have to pinch myself as I can't believe how things are turning in so many people's heads. Now I've seen plenty of posts where fellow posters call Puljujarvi lazy. And say he's thinking he's too good. That's quite the opposite from what I've read and heard from plenty of reliable sources.

And according to some of the things I've read it seems the Oilers wanted to get rid of Puljujarvi first. If that's true it must've affected the way he feels. I'm not saying anyone or any organization is the bad guy, I'm just certain things aren't as simple as many posters are saying.

I would encourage everyone to read this article, I think it's got some good points:

Edmonton Oilers have hurt Jesse Puljujarvi's confidence and his game, says Finnish sportswriter

- He said he could not blame Hitchcock for his ice time situation. “I haven’t earned that more that that. If I didn’t do anything at the time, then it’s like this.”
- Seppalla asked Puljujarvi about the possibility of being traded. “Yes, I’ve seen rumour, but I just need to go day by day. I don’t think about trade,” Puljujarvi said.
- But Puljujarvi told the reporter: “Let’s look at how this goes on. This is hard. For three years now, this has been a bit like so and so.. difficult time but no can do, need to just try fight harder.”
- Based on the tone of the article, Seppela appeared to have his mind made up when he talked to Puljujarvi that the young player was getting a raw deal, but the player himself doesn’t sound sour. He may not be happy that he’s not yet thriving, but Puljujarvi said all the right things, such as him needing to earn his ice time and owning up to a mistake he made in the game.
- Bob Stauffer of the Oilers organization has several times praised Puljujarvi’s work ethic and fitness, most recently talking about how Puljujarvi and goalie Mikko Koskinen are often on the ice working both before and after practice.

Shhhhh you’re ruining the narrative that Bob Stauffer, Frag, BBO and others are desperately trying to write.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Who could have guessed this thread would turn into a bunch of tangential mud-slinging and ad hominems? Edit: Wait, I'm getting some deja vu, did I already say this or was that another thread? :laugh:

If I was Holland I'd tell Puljujarvi that he needs to make a decision to either play for a year or two with the Oilers to build some value or do it overseas. There is no point to trading him now. Worst case scenario, he shows poorly and his value tanks some more. Nothing doing. Holland and co. hold the cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: nabob

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I just don't get it. You think you'd put in a ton of work this offseason and go into camp to try to make the team. New coach, new manager, and a lack of top end wingers. He plays in a position which we need player yet wants it handed to him.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I just don't get it. You think you'd put in a ton of work this offseason and go into camp to try to make the team. New coach, new manager, and a lack of top end wingers. He plays in a position which we need player yet wants it handed to him.

That, and you know, we're screaming for some wingers to play with Nuge. Not sure where else he's going to get that opportunity with what he's shown?

I dunno, perhaps it's a cultural difference.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This has got to be one of the first times a first round pick (especially in the first half) has requested a trade 3 years after being drafted. Incredible given the absolute lack of wingers the organization has and the unbelievable opportunity that will be afforded to him. Such a sad case, very premature. I could see the request next year if things didn't work out. Something doesn't add up at all. From an outsider's perspective "tried his hardest" to make things work is not at all apparent at this stage.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Indeed they are. Nothing new, just TSN stirring the pot.
He didn't say anything new. This is just TSN rehashing ****.

His agent has said too much already. Basically destroyed any goodwill between the Oilers and his client.

I agree with that. But he hasn't said anything for a month or so. To be clear.

Fair. I’ve been following it pretty loosely and saw the story!

This is what I thought. Are these not quotes from more than a month ago?

https://www.tsn.ca/agent-jesse-puljujarvi-edmonton-oilers-seem-to-not-be-a-fit-1.1334614

Ya, I just came across this article and started getting a little hot under the collar. Then I watched the video and WTF!!! it's f***ing old. TSN put this up as bloody click bait. What a bunch of spineless twits. TSN can f*** off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce