Post-Game Talk: PS#3 Rangers @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
based on what I've seen in first three games Etem shouldn't even make Hartford.

New system for him. Only normal for him to look out of place. Remember the first 8 games of AV's first year as coach? We looked like an AHL team out there.

Don't throw him to the curb based on 2 preseason games.

He has the physical tools to succeed.

He just needs some work with AV.

As lines start to get set and players can actually start developing chemistry out there you will see performance improve

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
I still think this is the lineup on October 7th

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Miller-Hayes-Etem
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll

Stalberg/Glass

If this lineup struggles offensively 3 players will rotate positions. Fast, Hayes, Lindberg.

Hayes goes to 2RW, Lindberg goes to 3C, Fast goes to 4LW

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Miller-Lindberg-Etem
Fast-Moore-Stoll

Stalberg/Glass

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it's being totally hyperbolized how bad Etem has been. People are just waiting for this kid to suck. Confirmation bias at its finest.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
People are just waiting for this kid to suck. Confirmation bias at its finest.

Not really. I was expecting this kid to be quite a bit better thus far, having something to prove and all.

I agree it is an overreaction at this point, however.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My concern is we're still a vacation to play offense against, the goals pile up if an elite goalie isn't in net, and we couldn't hold a 2 goal lead if you glued it to AV's ass.

Let's not pretend this only happens in preseason.

Wolfy*

Ugh the more I think about it the more I hate zucc with brass instead of zucc with step and kreider.

You should know that Zucc and Brass are close friends. They know each other very well, and this helps a lot on the ice. A great example is Zucc's goal last night, and Brass with the assist.

Should certainly not split them up, could actually make both players worse.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think it's being totally hyperbolized how bad Etem has been. People are just waiting for this kid to suck. Confirmation bias at its finest.

I think there was a lot of expectation that he was going to be a guy that might end up dominating some shifts with his size and speed. I'm not sure where that expectation came from, but I in my opinion some posters are a little let down with how bad he looks.

He looks selfish. He looks lost. He looks like a guy who shouldn't be taking a top 9 spot from anybody making the team.

It's a new system for him so after getting adjusted we'll be able to really evaluate him. However for anybody who was expecting something good, it's been a disappointment. If your expectation was inconsistent floating through the line-up guy, who will chip in every now and then, play a physical game and not be the guy who dominates shifts, then there's nothing to be disappointed with.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I think there was a lot of expectation that he was going to be a guy that might end up dominating some shifts with his size and speed. I'm not sure where that expectation came from, but I in my opinion some posters are a little let down with how bad he looks.

He looks selfish. He looks lost. He looks like a guy who shouldn't be taking a top 9 spot from anybody making the team.

It's a new system for him so after getting adjusted we'll be able to really evaluate him. However for anybody who was expecting something good, it's been a disappointment. If your expectation was inconsistent floating through the line-up guy, who will chip in every now and then, play a physical game and not be the guy who dominates shifts, then there's nothing to be disappointed with.

To be fair it takes players a good 10-20 games to get used to AV's system. I am perfectly willing to give him a 1/4 of a season to see if he can settle in. That said will the team give him that much of a leash?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Let's be honest this team when healthy can score at will and i think some players know that and don't try as hard in the Dzone IMO.

I don't think it has to do with trying. I think "let them do what they want as long as it's from the outside" doesn't work, especially when Lundqvist isn't in goal. Our defensive system sucks.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
My concern is we're still a vacation to play offense against, the goals pile up if an elite goalie isn't in net, and we couldn't hold a 2 goal lead if you glued it to AV's ass.

Let's not pretend this only happens in preseason.

True the likes of Tanner Glass, Bourque, Gibbons, Hrivik, Tambellini, Bellemore, Hughes, and Jeff Malcolm are all supposed to be the elite offense/defense that we all want.

It should also be done without Stepan, Stalberg, Klein, even McIlrath, Staal, Girardi, Moore, Kreider, and Miller.

Never mind the fact that Zucc, Brassard, Nash, McD, Boyle were in their first preseason games I could continue, but yea come on dude.

and the reason I included Stalberg in that list is because hes better then at least someone on that list

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
You should know that Zucc and Brass are close friends. They know each other very well, and this helps a lot on the ice. A great example is Zucc's goal last night, and Brass with the assist.

Should certainly not split them up, could actually make both players worse.

While this may be a valid point, I am not scared about Zucc switching lines. In his Ranger career he has been perfect for a "fuel injection" among struggling players. Makes players better. Simple as that it seems. He may not rack up 100 points, but it sure seems players that are playing with him are above their standard averages.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
True the likes of Tanner Glass, Bourque, Gibbons, Hrivik, Tambellini, Bellemore, Hughes, and Jeff Malcolm are all supposed to be the elite offense/defense that we all want.

It should also be done without Stepan, Stalberg, Klein, even McIlrath, Staal, Girardi, Moore, Kreider, and Miller.

Never mind the fact that Zucc, Brassard, Nash, McD, Boyle were in their first preseason games I could continue, but yea come on dude.

and the reason I included Stalberg in that list is because hes better then at least someone on that list

Who was missing from the lineup game 3 vs Tampa, or when we collapsed in every game in LA in the SCF? Was preseason the excuse in those games?

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Who was missing from the lineup game 3 vs Tampa, or when we collapsed in every game in LA in the SCF? Was preseason the excuse in those games?

no... but you are also talking about the 2014-2015 season and the 2013-2014 season lets have at least one or two full squad games before we start to talk about them being a vacation to play against. cause if you are going to go back to 2013-2014 season we can include their offense being terrible. I mean please its literally three preseason games in and Hank has played 40 minutes

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
no... but you are also talking about the 2014-2015 season and the 2013-2014 season lets have at least one or two full squad games before we start to talk about them being a vacation to play against. cause if you are going to go back to 2013-2014 season we can include their offense being terrible

What changed? Unless McIlrath boots somebody out, we have man-for-man the exact same starting defense.

I'd like to feel safe with a multi-goal lead. That's not so much to ask. I don't at all, especially when the games really start to matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad