Post-Game Talk: PS#3 Rangers @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hughes is the Sauer of the AHL, but in the NHL he looks like Sauer would look if he were in the Olympics. He just handle the puck for even short passes at this level. I like him, but the kid has a ways to go before he can contend for a spot in the NHL. That's what we suspected from his AHL performance last season. He really needs to improve big time this season if he hopes to maintain his status as a prospect.

Malcolm X was better than expected, but still has to improve a lot to ever contend to be even a backup in the NHL. But could be more promising than we believed before.

Rambo will likely struggle in the AHL this season. He won't be in the top-6 in Hartford, maybe not even top-9.

Hrivik is not bad at anything and not good at anything. He transports the puck decently through the middle of the ice, then gets close to the net and doesn't know what to do there. I was hoping he'd be further ahead than this by now, but he has not made as much progress in the last year as I had hoped.

Ryan is the poor man's Callahan. I think he could make the NHL one day.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
3 Stars

Zuccarello
Hayes
McDonagh

Cuts (from 3 games, not inclusive)

Bellemore
Bourque
Diaz
Hart
Hrivik
Hughes

I'm trying to keep an open mind on Etem but everything I see from him is in a straight line - skate straight ahead, pass straight ahead, shoot straight ahead. And that's when he knows where he is.

Hank looked sharp. Good to see that. Malcolm was also good at points but I don't know if he finds a place at this level.

Rinaldo should have a bench warrant.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Glass gets a star for kicking the **** out of Rinaldo.

Last edited by a moderator:

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
3 Stars

I'm trying to keep an open mind on Etem but everything I see from him is in a straight line - skate straight ahead, pass straight ahead, shoot straight ahead. And that's when he knows where he is.

At this stage of the game, he shouldn't be lost as often as he is.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The good for me was Henrik looked real sharp. Skjei had a really good game. Zucc was outstanding. I like Gibbons. I thought Tambellini looked good for a guy coming out of the WHL.

Wolfy*

Assault from behind? Glass is lucky he only got 2.

Anyway, interesting how the 3rd became a mess for the Rangers without the King in net. But Malcolm was pretty good though, I was impressed.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Rinaldo looked in this game like a guy who went from fighter to agitator. I understand why Glass went after him but Rinaldo played the situation--not that it matters---you can't let a guy run around in an exhibition (meaningless to the standings) game like that. Anyway Zac went straight to the ice. He had to know Glass was coming for him---kind of a borderline turtle job.

Speaking of which he yanked away from the linesman and that was okay. They could have easily given Rinaldo a penalty for that.

The other officiating **** up was on Carlo's goal with Jimmy Hayes sitting on Malcolm's back. No way the goalie had a chance to make the save.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I loved Skjei's game, hes gonna be great when he gets called up after an injury happens

He'll need a minimum of half a season in the AHL before he gets called up. Let's keep in mind that half the opposing team in the preseason are minor leaguers and the rest are going at half speed. Skjei would be well served by playing in Hartford at least until February, maybe until next season.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I loved Skjei's game, hes gonna be great when he gets called up after an injury happens

Given his size and skating ability, if he can defend, he has a long career ahead of him.

Keep in mind that this kids played a 109 games in college the last 3 years, and only scored 27 points.

There are Ranger players that have played close to 100 games the last two seasons each.

AV is spot on about him needing and getting better with experience. All of the tools are there, last year he briefly leapfrogged several AHL defensemen. Flashes are there, consistency will turn him into a Bret Hedican type player... which is a very good thing... that guy's been on long playoff runs on good teams.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
He'll need a minimum of half a season in the AHL before he gets called up. Let's keep in mind that half the opposing team in the preseason are minor leaguers and the rest are going at half speed. Skjei would be well served by playing in Hartford at least until February, maybe until next season.

I'm not sure it will take that long. He's showing to be a real quick learner. How much can he continue to learn against ahl'ers? He fits the system to a t. The goal he scored doesn't happen if Staal or Girardi or Klein are back there. Those guys don't join the rush very often.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
3 Stars

Zuccarello
Hayes
McDonagh

Cuts (from 3 games, not inclusive)

Bellemore
Bourque
Diaz
Hart
Hrivik
Hughes

Hank looked sharp. Good to see that. Malcolm was also good at points but I don't know if he finds a place at this level.

Rinaldo should have a bench warrant.

That's the definition of a North/South player...which is he. He's not going to dangle all over the place. Kreider plays the same North/South style (OBVIOUSLY kreider is better, i'm just going on styles). I didn't see the 3rd period, but he did register more than 25% of the shots we had on goal today.

From the 2 periods I saw, I thought Lundqvist looked like he was in mid season form out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad