Post-Game Talk: PS#3 Rangers @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
It is a new season... everyone right now has the same shot at 1st and last... everyone has 0 pts and goalies all have the same 0-0-0 record in the regular season

I wouldn't care if Nash scores 118 goals and adds 173 assists during the regular season.

I also wouldn't care if he scores 3 goals and adds 6 assists during the regular season.

The only months that matter for him at this point are April, May, and June.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
I wouldn't care if Nash scores 118 goals and adds 173 assists during the regular season.

I also wouldn't care if he scores 3 goals and adds 6 assists during the regular season.

The only months that matter for him at this point are April, May, and June.

See he needs to have a good regular season or else the Rangers probably dont make it to May and June he is counted on the score goals and help the team win games.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
What good is it to just make it there?

Take us to the parade or get out of town.

lol the last parade was in 1994... so a lot of players need to get out of town.

also Nash last season was in the top 15 in points for the playoffs, second on the team two behind Brassard, while it was not a fantastic post season it was much better then 2013-2014 post season

Lets also wait till the post season to judge Nash

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
lol the last parade was in 1994... so a lot of players need to get out of town.

also Nash last season was in the top 15 in points for the playoffs, second on the team two behind Brassard, while it was not a fantastic post season it was much better then 2013-2014 post season

Lets also wait till the post season to judge Nash

That literally means absolutely nothing, to me at least. Danny Girardi wound up finishing top 15 in scoring in that 2012 run, for comparison.

Nash is 6th among active players for goals per game, behind only Ovechkin, Stamkos, Crosby, Jagr and Malkin.

There's simply no excuse for how poorly he's done thus far as a goal scorer in the playoffs. Great defensively, but isn't a gamebreaker unfortunately.

Close game situations: When the game is within a goal in periods 1, 2 and tied in the 3rd/OT

Nash 3 goals in 56 games
Kreider 11 goals in 42 games

And with the lackluster numbers generally, his goals have often come when the game was already decided, essentially.

Like Nash and how he plays the game but the numbers don't lie...

Maybe he'll have a Marian Gaborik breakout playoff and help the Rangers win a cup, maybe not. You gotta wonder how many more opportunites he'll have to do that, if any. I hope he does and he's gotta prove em wrong soon before the window closes.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
That literally means absolutely nothing, to me at least. Danny Girardi wound up finishing top 15 in scoring in that 2012 run, for comparison.

Nash is 6th among active players for goals per game, behind only Ovechkin, Stamkos, Crosby, Jagr and Malkin.

There's simply no excuse for how poorly he's done thus far as a goal scorer in the playoffs. Great defensively, but isn't a gamebreaker unfortunately.

Close game situations: When the game is within a goal in periods 1, 2 and tied in the 3rd/OT

Nash 3 goals in 56 games

And with the lackluster numbers generally, his goals have often come when the game was already decided, essentially.

Maybe he'll have a Marian Gaborik breakout playoff and help the Rangers win a cup, maybe not. You gotta wonder how many more opportunites he'll have to do that, if any. I hope he does and he's gotta prove em wrong soon before the window closes.

That is a good comparison to how Nash is playing Gaborik was the same way he would be good during the season and then for LA he had a great playoffs but the rest were terrible, except his very first one with the wild.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Nash 3 goals in 56 games

You are so childish I want to cry reading crap like this again.

The fact that Nash was a top scoring player for us in the POs mean nothing for you, but then you dig up some carved out stat that supposedly means a ton for you? Why lol? At least explain why your stat is better?

Facts are that nobody can do it by themselves in the POs. Not Nash, not AO, not Stamkos, not Malkin and so forth. Nash has not been on a unit in the POs that creates that high scoring environment in a unit of 5 players. Gabby got that one year in LA with Kopitar, Doughty and co. Nash is part of the problem no doubt, but you really have no idea what you are talking about when you claim that it's "inexcusable" that he didn't score more goals. Just watch some PO hockey. There are no free goals any more. No regular season goals. When you get deep the team's you are facing will shut down the scoring players unless the unit they are on accomplish certain things. There are only a few units around the NHL that get there, we have a lot of work to do. I do think it sucked that Zucc went down and that unit never got a shot at it. But I also think you need to get someone like Yandle involved.

Last edited:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
You are so childish I want to cry reading crap like this again.

The fact that Nash was a top scoring player for us in the POs mean nothing for you, but then you dig up some carved out stat that supposedly means a ton for you? Why lol? At least explain why your stat is better?

Facts are that nobody can do it by themselves in the POs. Not Nash, not AO, not Stamkos, not Malkin and so forth. Nash has not been on a unit in the POs that creates that high scoring environment in a unit of 5 players. Gabby got that one year in LA with Kopitar, Doughty and co. Nash is part of the problem no doubt, but you really have no idea what you are talking about when you claim that it's "inexcusable" that he didn't score more goals. Just watch some PO hockey. There are no free goals any more. No regular season goals. When you get deep the team's you are facing will shut down the scoring players unless the unit they are on accomplish certain things. There are only a few units around the NHL that get there, we have a lot of work to do. I do think it sucked that Zucc went down and that unit never got a shot at it. But I also think you need to get someone like Yandle involved.

not childish at all... Sure, these guys can't do it by themselves, but you know what, Nash gets PAID to make things happen on his own. We've seen ovi do it many times, Stamkos in the first round, Lundqvist has an elite game that we see all year long....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad