Post-Game Talk: PS#3 Rangers @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Etem has looked OK but there has been nothing spectacular about him at all. He definitely hasn't outplayed Lindberg or Stalberg so far and he's not taking a spot from Miller or Fast. That leaves replacing Tanner Glass on a line as, pretty much, the only option for him to get into the lineup and I think if Glass is replaced it will be with Stoll who can bring experience and win faceoffs, especially on the PK2.

Where do you see Etem fitting in the top 9? Who's spot does he take?

What exactly had Stalberg done better? Score a fluke goal? Etem has been much more involved and noticeable than Stalberg.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
As someone who thought Lindberg was invisible last training camp, and did not deserve to make the big squad, I have been pleasantly surprised. He's made himself noticeable whenever he's been on the ice. It's a no-brainet that he makes the team, and I think he'd look good as the 3rd LW next to Hayes.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
My opinion on how the season starts:

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Etem-Miller-Fast
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll

Healthy Scratches: Stalberg and Glass. Hayes continues to be brutal on the faceoff.

Now those lines could change 1 week in, but that's just how i think he starts it off.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Etem-Miller-Fast
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll

Healthy Scratches: Stalberg and Glass. Hayes continues to be brutal on the faceoff.

Now those lines could change 1 week in, but that's just how i think he starts it off.

I don't think Miller starts the season as a center

SkjeiPls

May 21, 2013

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Etem-Miller-Fast
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll

With how well Stoll is doing compared to everyone else on faceoffs, I can't see him playing the wing.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Agree with this.

As someone who thought Lindberg was invisible last training camp, and did not deserve to make the big squad, I have been pleasantly surprised. He's made himself noticeable whenever he's been on the ice. It's a no-brainet that he makes the team, and I think he'd look good as the 3rd LW next to Hayes.

Yeah tbh as much as brass and zucc have chemistry, I've always been more impressed with zuccs play with step and kreider. That line can establish a cycle like no other Ranger line I've seen since maybe jagr, nylander, straka, and Miller looked good in the playoffs. Lindberg helps Hayes with face offs, Miller helps Nash line become more effective on the cycle, zucc helps bolster out top 2way line, and stalberg Moore stoll lock down the tough defensive usage.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Etem-Miller-Fast
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll

you have probably our three best faceoff guys on the same line... Miller is not that great on the draw either I would move Lindberg up... my lineup would look like this

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Miller-Lindberg-Fast
Stalberg -Moore-Stoll

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Anybody think Lindberg could play 3rd line? Based on the preseason I'd say so but curious what the general opinion is. Just pictured this lineup last night:

61 - 16 - 13/10
20 - 21 - 36
24 - 13/10 - 19
25 - 28 - 26

I've seen nothing so far that tells me he couldn't.

penciling oscar lindberg at the 3C makes a ton of sense actually.

he's been one of the best players in camp after being the best player in hartfords playoff run.

i think the "hayes can't play the 2W cuz who will play the 3C ???? " thing has been kinda addressed.

if hayes is one of the top 6 offensive players on the team- um, and he is, he should play top 6 and if oscar lindberg plays the 3C, then thats not that bad a trade off I'm my book.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Etem-Miller-Fast
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll

i think stem is the odd man out right now.

miller isn't a center on this team.

no way stalberg doesnt play on line 4. he's the perfect 4th line guy for this team.

moore and stoll will take all important done face-offs.

lindberg is a true pivot. i think he's the 3c.

i wouldnt the surprised if hayes doesnt play center. period. even if it means he's on line 3, i could still see him as a winger.

nash brass zuke
ck step miller/hayes
hayes/miller lindberg fast
stalberg moore stoll

etem/glass

thats the starting forwards.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015

no way stalberg doesnt play on line 4. he's the perfect 4th line guy for this team.

i wouldnt the surprised if hayes doesnt play center. period. even if it means he's on line 3, i could still see him as a winger.

nash brass zuke
ck step miller/hayes
stalberg moore stoll

etem/glass

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Miller-Lindberg-Fast
Etem-Moore-Stoll

Stalberg/Glass

Is another option

I think Etem is in the lineup on opening night, somewhere

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
you have probably our three best faceoff guys on the same line... Miller is not that great on the draw either I would move Lindberg up... my lineup would look like this

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Miller-Lindberg-Fast
Stalberg -Moore-Stoll

Sign me up for this. That Top 6 is awesome. Above average 4th line. And a solid 3rd line that will improve all season.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Shocked that after a few preseason games Etem has been taken off everyone's opening night roster. He must look pretty bad (haven't watched)

Who have his linemates been when he played?

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Shocked that after a few preseason games Etem has been taken off everyone's opening night roster. He must look pretty bad (haven't watched)

Just not as good as others. I like Lindberg in the top 9 better than etem. And I like stalberg on the fourth line more than etem.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

nash brass zuke
ck step miller/hayes
stalberg moore stoll

etem/glass

As one who thought that Etem was much better last game, I still wouldn't have a problem with this (other than Glass still taking up $1.45MM of the cap). New to the team, new to the system, couldn't hurt to have Etem as an extra, at least to start.

That said, if this is the starting forward group, I think it's much more likely you'll see:

Nash Brassard Zuccarello
Kreider Stepan Miller
Lindberg Hayes Fast
Moore Stoll Stalberg

Etem (please no Glass)

Which, BTW, is what we're reportedly seeing at practice today. AV seems to like the big body at center (and Lindberg on the wing can take important defensive faceoffs and/or allow Hayes to be more aggressive in the dot), and I doubt he wants Lindberg to have the responsibility of center, at least not out of the gate.

And, of course, that's only at this point in time. Training camp ain't over yet.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

It's not that he's bad bad he's basically lockout season Kreider moving fast not thinking ... Not using teammates things like that he could most certainly get better and be an important part of the team just right now he's not quite there

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I also think Kreider Stepan Zooks is the best chemistry pairing but you know AV. Once he finds a 2 some he likes they rarely change.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
As one who thought that Etem was much better last game, I still wouldn't have a problem with this (other than Glass still taking up $1.45MM of the cap). New to the team, new to the system, couldn't hurt to have Etem as an extra, at least to start.

That said, if this is the starting forward group, I think it's much more likely you'll see:

Nash Brassard Zuccarello
Kreider Stepan Miller
Lindberg Hayes Fast
Moore Stoll StalbergT

Etem (please no Glass)

Which, BTW, is what we're reportedly seeing at practice today. AV seems to like the big body at center (and Lindberg on the wing can take important defensive faceoffs and/or allow Hayes to be more aggressive in the dot), and I doubt he wants Lindberg to have the responsibility of center, at least not out of the gate.

And, of course, that's only at this point in time. Training camp ain't over yet.

I really like that 3rd line. Lindberg gives Hayes a safety net on draws. I also think that 4th line marks a return to the Boyle/Moore 4th line that AV had full trust in two years ago. I would like to see Miller and Zucc swapped, though.

As for Etem, he just looks non-descript right now. I'm not sure where he fits. I had no problem giving him a shot, but, there are 12 other forwards that fit better together.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
To be honest I like the line combinations that were on here a couple weeks ago, before preseason, a lot better than what I'm seeing come up now. Perhaps we're overblowing preseason hockey.

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Miller-Hayes-Etem
Stalberg-Moore-Stoll

Lindberg/Glass

This was a very common post about 2 weeks ago.

The drastic change in lineups is Lindberg replacing Etem based on 2 preseason hockey games.

We shall see. I'd be happy with either.

Over the last couple of preseason games this is what should be tested

Miller-Hayes-Lindberg
and than
Miller-Hayes-Etem

Whichever line looks better is the guy that makes the top 12

At some point in time there needs to be lines set in place so we can properly test the guys that are fighting for a spot on lines with guys they'd actually be playing with.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
IMO Gibbons and Megna have both seriously outplayed Etem to this point. We could roll the dice with Etem and hope he picks it up but I think there's a decent chance that's he's going to be a 15-20 point seriously frustrating player to watch. If he can pk and play his position decently that's not the end of the world then but....4th liner at best is what he looks like now.

I have to say I've been impressed with Gibbons a lot. My main problem is his size and we already have Zuccarello and two guys that small is a lot.

Lindberg has been fine. He looks ready to me and IMO I'd keep Hayes at center and try Oscar on one of his wings.......or Hayes moves up to the 2nd line right wing and we see how much offense Oscar can give us as the third line center. That's what I'm thinking with him but as of now Oscar would be in my top 9.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Stahlberg-Hayes-Miller
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll

Etem
Someone surprising picked up off the waiver wire/released from PTO as #14 ( younger sandpaper grit guy for small $$?)

Glass traded/waived
Big Mac as number 7 on D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad