offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Players I was impressed with:

MZA
Lindberg
Stoll

I was impressed by how well Stoll played compared to just a few days ago. His speed looked much better, he was engaged physically winning battles and he was a monster in the faceoff dot.

Lindberg was very good as usual.

MZA looked like himself which was great to see.

Gibbons had a couple of nice plays but he was quieter than his first game. Still looked pretty good.

agreed on those 3.

stoll, as i have said, is going to be a key guy for this team this year. a smart, bargain contract for a guy with pedigree and presence. he's hardly "done".

i was quietly impressed with marek hrivik. he seems like a guy who can carve out a career. good size and hands. was around the puck alot and showed some smarts. i think he's got alot more offense then he's shown so far.

still love this goal he scored in juniors..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJJbRWf3cs

one things for sure, hartford gonna have talent this year. fo sho.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
From anyone that watched all the preseason games have any 2 or 3 players shown some chemistry out there that could make for an interesting line come Regular Season game 1?

Zucc and Brassard

But I know you probably mean new stuff,

Lindberg and Stralberg seemed to match up well.

Gibbons and Megna.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Agreed with what BRF said. Etem has look fine. He has played 2 games on a brand new team with brand new teammates and they are complaining he looks lost out there, like he was suppose to gain chemistry with them on the ice in the summer. He will be on the top 9 and get some PP time. AV has been using him in front of the net on the PP and he had a nice screen yesterday which led to a goal. Also playing decent on the PK as well.

Etem has looked OK but there has been nothing spectacular about him at all. He definitely hasn't outplayed Lindberg or Stalberg so far and he's not taking a spot from Miller or Fast. That leaves replacing Tanner Glass on a line as, pretty much, the only option for him to get into the lineup and I think if Glass is replaced it will be with Stoll who can bring experience and win faceoffs, especially on the PK2.

Where do you see Etem fitting in the top 9? Who's spot does he take?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Etem isn't in the top 9 he won't be of much use. If Fast wins the spot from him in the top 6, he may very well end up a healthy scratch so that the NYR roster can field both Moore and Stoll.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Etem has looked OK but there has been nothing spectacular about him at all. He definitely hasn't outplayed Lindberg or Stalberg so far and he's not taking a spot from Miller or Fast. That leaves replacing Tanner Glass on a line as, pretty much, the only option for him to get into the lineup and I think if Glass is replaced it will be with Stoll who can bring experience and win faceoffs, especially on the PK2.

Where do you see Etem fitting in the top 9? Who's spot does he take?

he's exactly as advertised. so far, he's not top 9 material on this team this year.

physical specimen.
fast.
strong.
involved.

unproductive.
uncertain.
so-so hands
average hockey iq

thats the book. so far, pretty accurate.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If Etem isn't in the top 9 he won't be of much use. If Fast wins the spot from him in the top 6, he may very well end up a healthy scratch so that the NYR roster can field both Moore and Stoll.

I think its gonna end up Zuc, Brass, Nash, Kreider, Step, Hayes top 6

Then 3 and 4 lines equally play. If its Stoll and Moore then the wings can change, Miller, Etem, Stalberg, Fast. I'd like Lindberg to play instead of Stoll but not sure what they are gonna do.

Glass waived or dealt

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think its gonna end up Zuc, Brass, Nash, Kreider, Step, Hayes top 6

Then 3 and 4 lines equally play. If its Stoll and Moore then the wings can change, Miller, Etem, Stalberg, Fast. I'd like Lindberg to play instead of Stoll but not sure what they are gonna do.

Glass waived or dealt

See, I have a huge issue with Hayes being moved to the top6. Our bottom-6 will immediately drop from being elite to being mediocre.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Zucc and Brassard

But I know you probably mean new stuff,

Lindberg and Stralberg seemed to match up well.

Gibbons and Megna.

Brass and Zucc will be together till the end

If Lindberg and Stalberg looked good together than Lindberg-Moore-Stalberg sounds nice for a 4th.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
he's exactly as advertised. so far, he's not top 9 material on this team this year.

physical specimen.
fast.
strong.
involved.

unproductive.
uncertain.
so-so hands
average hockey iq

thats the book. so far, pretty accurate.

Not everyone on your lineup needs to score 30 goals.

We need him to play a hard two way game, get physical on the forecheck, and chip in some goals and assists every other game or so.

When the Kings beat us in the Finals not everyone in their lineup was a rockstar.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Not everyone on your lineup needs to score 30 goals.

We need him to play a hard two way game, get physical on the forecheck, and chip in some goals and assists every other game or so.

When the Kings beat us in the Finals not everyone in their lineup was a rockstar.

thats why i like him on the 4th line.

etem moore stoll

thats the 4th line i want to see.

would love the swedish 3rd line.

stalberg lindberg fast

not gonna happen though, jtmiller needs a spot and if hayes in the 2RW, then miller will play on line 3.

like i said, 1 too many forwards even without glass

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
See, I have a huge issue with Hayes being moved to the top6. Our bottom-6 will immediately drop from being elite to being mediocre.

I get it I just don't know who the heck plays on the RW then. Miller I guess?

they have been playing Lindberg on the wing the past few game so maybe that is the plan. A few games to go and it will be more clear.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
thats why i like him on the 4th line.

etem moore stoll

thats the 4th line i want to see.

would love the swedish 3rd line.

stalberg lindberg fast

not gonna happen though, jtmiller needs a spot and if hayes in the 2RW, then miller will play on line 3.

like i said, 1 too many forwards even without glass

I actually really like that

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Stalberg-Lindberg-Fast
Etem-Moore-Stoll

Trade Miller?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

they have been playing Lindberg on the wing the past few game so maybe that is the plan. A few games to go and it will be more clear.

We ended the season with Fast on Steps line and in pre-season he was also paired with him. I think Fast will start the season on that line and unless he really ***** the bed, Miller or Hayes will get a shot

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I don't even think it's a discussion at this point. Fast is clearly the superior player.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Stoll and Lindberg play very well off of each other. Obviously Stoll is mentoring him, and I think he's a great guy to teach Oscar the ins and outs. Liked seeing OL throw the body around last night as well.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
But it isnt unprecedented to have inferior players higher up in the lineup due to fit/chemistry/role/line balance.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Stoll and Lindberg play very well off of each other. Obviously Stoll is mentoring him, and I think he's a great guy to teach Oscar the ins and outs. Liked seeing OL throw the body around last night as well.

Definitely impressed by his physicality. He showed great skill at using his body to get between an opposing player and the puck.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
From my vantage point, Etem is at best the 13th forward. I'd like to see a 3rd line of Lindberg/Hayes/Fast, with Stoll/Moore/Stalberg as a 4th line not that dissimilar to the one from two years ago.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Anybody think Lindberg could play 3rd line? Based on the preseason I'd say so but curious what the general opinion is. Just pictured this lineup last night:

61 - 16 - 13/10
20 - 21 - 36
24 - 13/10 - 19
25 - 28 - 26

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

I like Miller in the top 6 a lot more than Fast.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Anybody think Lindberg could play 3rd line? Based on the preseason I'd say so but curious what the general opinion is. Just pictured this lineup last night:

61 - 16 - 13/10
20 - 21 - 36
24 - 13/10 - 19
25 - 28 - 26

I'd like to see Zucc reunited with Kreider and Step. And Miller showed chemistry with Brass and Nash. Plus, I like Hayes as the 3rd line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad