Post-Game Talk: PS #2 - 09/29/16 | devils @ RANGERS | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Who do you propose replaces him and his minutes?

Literally anyone else.

McIlrath, Clendening, Holden, Skjei, Gilmour; hell, go get ****ing Beukeboom off the bench.

Literally. Anyone.

It's almost statistically impossible to be worse than Girardi was at his job last year, so the "no replacement" argument is garbage. Just about any breathing professional hockey player is at least a marginal improvement

TurgePurge*

I see everyone projecting our defense but nobody has Connor Allen cracking the top 6. He was a preseason standout a few years ago and it was shocking we didnt move proven nhl players to open up a spot but alas we sent him down to bide his time and develop. So I'm assuming now he's gonna be top 6, maybe top 4 this year right?

Makes you think. Hmm....Hmm..........Hmm

I wont even touch the Jesper hot takes in here because its too nuts.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I see everyone projecting our defense but nobody has Connor Allen cracking the top 6. He was a preseason standout a few years ago and it was shocking we didnt move proven nhl players to open up a spot but alas we sent him down to bide his time and develop. So I'm assuming now he's gonna be top 6, maybe top 4 this year right?

Makes you think. Hmm....Hmm..........Hmm

I wont even touch the Jesper hot takes in here because its too nuts.

I just don't think people realized Conor Allen is McDonagh's age.

At least Clendening is 23.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
i cant believe how many people dont get what im talking about.

Like....saying Gilmour should be on this team...sure...he looked good today, but again, playing against the guys hes played against isnt the same as playing against Tavares, or Hall, or blasting a slapshot past Schneider.

Thats it. Im talking about the bubble guys that people are penciling in over other guys.

Pirri, to me, is an established player, and hes looked dominant. ive liked a lot of what ive seen, but i think enthusiasm on the bubble players should be a bit more tempered.

This!!!

Last year, Nejezchleb looked good, but then couldn't even perform in the ECHL. Bodie scored twice vs the Flyers but spent the entire year in Hartford.

It's only pre-season. Pirri however, has already shown he can perform at NHL level.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Was at the game, a few running thoughts:

Going to be hilarious when Pirri doesn't make this team. All that guy does is finish shots. That's all he's ever done.

Vesey looked better than I expected. Was engaged. It seemed that Hayes was force-feeding him when he could, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Buch was pretty adept at finding open pockets in the offensive zone. Definitely looked a lot better by association with Zib and Kreider.

Nash was a monster. Some really great hustle out of him tonight.

Looked like McIlrath ended up getting pinned in the Rangers zone more often than not. Got beat once clean on a rush that I can remember as well.

Grabner's speed is a pure weapon.

Klein and Holden looked solid to me.

Don't think I focused enough on other players to comment. Will be interesting to see how the charts align with this ;)

AV has done nothing but praise Pirri's game thus far. He's a lock. Question is, where does he fit into the lineup excluding a trade? Vesey and Buch look like NHLers.

I think we're about to move a forward for Trouba, but if we don't, the lines will be tough to figure out.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
AV has done nothing but praise Pirri's game thus far. He's a lock. Question is, where does he fit into the lineup excluding a trade? Vesey and Buch look like NHLers.

I think we're about to move a forward for Trouba, but if we don't, the lines will be tough to figure out.

Kreider and Skjei for Trouba gets it done

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Honestly, it's a nice "problem" to have. After years of mediocrity with guys like Christensen, Mitchell, Boyle, Asham, Halpern, Powe, Rupp, Betts etc. we now have the worry where to put Pirri, Buch and Vesey in the line-up

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Hayes needs to have the shot on his mind more, unless he can go full Joe Thornton on us this year.

Nash needs to play with Stepan.

Buchnevich and Vesey both look ready.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Bettman´s sideshow is now over.
Think things get going on the roster movement scene soon, maybe after the weekend?
Will be interesting times ahead for sure, both in Rangerland and around the league. Some pretty good names as RFAs still unsigned, wonder if any of them get things going? :naughty:
Some teams in cap hell will be dealing as well for sure.
Good to have some cap money available right now, something unexpected might come up...

We are too stacked up front as is IMO

Miller - Stepan - Zucc
Kreider - Zib - Buch
Vesey - Hayes - Nash
Grabner - Pirri (Lindberg) - Fast

Gerbe
Hrivik
Lapierre
Jensen
Jooris (injured)
Glass

Something has gotta give
There have to be deals coming (even smaller ones) - out of an asset management perspective if for no other reason...

Last edited:

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Literally anyone else.

McIlrath, Clendening, Holden, Skjei, Gilmour; hell, go get ****ing Beukeboom off the bench.

Literally. Anyone.

It's almost statistically impossible to be worse than Girardi was at his job last year, so the "no replacement" argument is garbage. Just about any breathing professional hockey player is at least a marginal improvement

That's what makes the Girardi thing so frustrating. Don't need to be a special player to be an improvement over him.

Really interested to see what happens with this and Glass. We have better options than both. Will they still be here (Glass), playing first pair (Girardi)?

If so is says something bad about managment.

I hope Jeff & AV can move forward here.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I was very happy to see McIlrath really grabbing a hold of the game from the start and throwing his weight around. Gilmour looked good but I think it helped to have McIlrath back there with him.

Grabner, Gerbe, Lapierre, Fast all looked good for depth forwards.

Vesey was as advertised but I didn't realize how fast he was. He is not plodding in any sense of the word like most big guys.

Graves looked pretty good. Needs a bit more seasoning IMO.

Holden was overall pretty solid. Did anyone else notice the length of his stick? Seemed crazy long. He was somewhat physical as well which is a plus.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Bettman´s sideshow is now over.
Think things get going on the roster movement scene soon, maybe after the weekend?
Will be interesting times ahead for sure, both in Rangerland and around the league. Some pretty good names as RFAs still unsigned, wonder if any of them get things going? :naughty:
Some teams in cap hell will be dealing as well for sure.
Good to have some cap money available right now, something unexpected might come up...

We are too stacked up front as is IMO

Miller - Stepan - Zucc
Kreider - Zib - Buch
Vesey - Hayes - Nash
Grabner - Pirri (Lindberg) - Fast

Gerbe
Hrivik
Lapierre
Jensen
Jooris (injured)
Glass

Something has gotta give
There have to be deals coming (even smaller ones) - out of an asset management perspective if for no other reason...

BBK any other team you are hearing that want to be active?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider is going to be a crucial part of this team moving forward as Gorton continues the transformation one step at a time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. He wont be moved.

Kreider-Zib-Buch line has the makings to be a force for the next 3-4 years.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Pirri needs to be a regular on this squad, even with the Top 9 solidified already. There's no reason for this man to be riding the pine or to be in HFD. He's only 25, and there seems to be a ton of urgency in his game, shots (which is expected), puck possession, smart plays, and he's WHEELING. I played against Pirri around 4 years ago, I wish him the best.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Literally anyone else.

Literally. Anyone.

:laugh:

Could imagine after the offseason the Rangers have already had they trade for Trouba?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Kreider is going to be a crucial part of this team moving forward as Gorton continues the transformation one step at a time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. He wont be moved.

Kreider-Zib-Buch line has the makings to be a force for the next 3-4 years.

That should be obvious to anyone without blinders on, as well as the approach we've seen from Gorton this off-season.

liv4socr20

Jul 18, 2009
Pirri needs to be a regular on this squad, even with the Top 9 solidified already. There's no reason for this man to be riding the pine or to be in HFD. He's only 25, and there seems to be a ton of urgency in his game, shots (which is expected), puck possession, smart plays, and he's WHEELING. I played against Pirri around 4 years ago, I wish him the best.

Even if it was to play 5-6 min even strength on the 4th line. We need him ripping one-timers from the circle on the 2nd powerplay unit. Between him and Zibs that will transform our PP which has been incredibly reluctant to shoot off the pass since the lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad