Post-Game Talk: PS #2 - 09/29/16 | devils @ RANGERS | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
And if Kreider plays like he did in his preseason game I would be shocked if he doesn't sore 30 goals...

Maybe setting the bar high there but he was really engaged and using his skating ability

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
CKs per 60 goal scoring, playmaking, point production, shot generation, relative possession, etc have all been trending upwards (last time i checked)...every year all those stats seem to get better...year after year.

No. He sucks and he's inconsistent and not engaged. Bust AINEC.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
CqWk72p.jpg

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think you are underestimating just how bad Girardi was...

He was literally, the worst defenseman in the NHL last year, out of 306 defensemen, and 6 of those defensemen played for Patrick Roy who ran a system of letting way too many shots through.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...&sort=shotAttempts&active=1&aggregate=0&pos=D

There is no such thing as Girardi "bouncing back", not in the way people frame it out to be. Girardi Bouncing Back means back to the 14-15 season levels, which is abysmal to begin with, means he'll be bouncing back from ECHL level defending to 7th defenseman levels... Just because he's going from really ****** to only a little ****** doesn't mean he's actually better to the point where he can contribute

This sounds like hyperbole.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Am I the only one that thought Buch looked better than Vesey last night? This despite much worse quality of teammates?

Eh, probably. Vesey was awesome last night. He was all over the ice. Buch was quietly impressive, though, as he was against NYI. He seems like the kind of player who will have very good possession stats.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The Rangers forward group is as deep, fast, and skilled it's been this side of 2000.

Going to be really interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Pirri has to be a lock. But Jensen and Gerbe have also impressed me.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Like I've said there's no way Fast is better than Gerbe or Jensen just isn't. Both are like night and day better pkers than him as well.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Was trying to think of who Gilmour reminds me of stylistically, and finally I realized he looked a lot like Brian Campbell out there.

I really liked what I saw out of Gilmour. No, inferno, I'm not pencilling him into the lineup. But, he's very good at moving the puck, has a hard shot, and skates very well. Very good signing by Grots.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Eh, probably. Vesey was awesome last night. He was all over the ice. Buch was quietly impressive, though, as he was against NYI. He seems like the kind of player who will have very good possession stats.

Yeah, Vesey was everything he's been advertised.,,very good skater, strong on the puck, smart plays all over the ice, and he's fearless.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This sounds like hyperbole.

is it, though? Check the stats for yourself.

5v5 stats ONLY:

Girardi was on the ice for 1359 shots against, and 970 shots for.

If you look at shot DIFFERENTIAL, Girardi is -389. If you exclude colorado's defenseman (which you should--Roy's system is an abomination to hockey itself), the next person on the list Andy Greene, (on a terrible NJD team), who is -254...

that's a 113 shot attempts' against DIFFERENCE, and the Rangers actually *made* the playoffs (better overall team obviously).

Look at the defensemen in that realm of "bad" and you'll see what Girardi compares to--they are either rookies, players on god-awful goaltending/defensive teams, or over the hill vets.

If this doesn't scream to you "7th defenseman levels", I don't know what does. Girardi is NOT good anymore. It's apparent in his preseason play, it's been apparent for 2 years now, and I can't see him trending anywhere but flatlining. Maybe a SMALL uptick, but even then, going from really bad to kinda bad--that's not really a net improvement on the team as a whole

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I really liked what I saw out of Gilmour. No, inferno, I'm not pencilling him into the lineup. But, he's very good at moving the puck, has a hard shot, and skates very well. Very good signing by Grots.

Yup, he easily has NHL potential. Really like his game.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I dont know how, with all of the numbers, and with watching the Rangers anyone could say Girardi hasn't been one of the worst D in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad