vs

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, MSG PLUS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@NJD 2/23/16 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - DEVILS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Rangers Report - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

PRESEASON SCHEDULE:

preseasonschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Who doesn’t want to score?
I think everyone you ask wants to get a good start, especially with a new team.
It’s still the first game, so you don’t want to think that highly about it, but it’s obviously nice to get a good start.
- Mika Zibanejad

I think the play leading up to that where I tried to kick it out of the corner and take it to the net, it’s something I’m definitely focusing on.
And something that I need to do more of.
- Chris Kreider

I think the two Americans feel that they have something to prove, and the Young Gun that didn’t get a chance to play that much, he has something to prove also.
I think that puts us in a pretty good spot.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW JERSEY DEVILS"]

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW CAMMALLERI | ZAJAC | LAPPIN KALININ | ZACHA | BENNETT PIETILA | MCLEOD | COLEMAN PELLY | FIDDLER | GIBBONS

LD | RD GREENE | LOVEJOY AUVITI | SANTINI MOZIK | MACWILLIAM

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

Wedgewood-Scott2.png

Scott Wedgewood

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
jimmy VESEY | kevin HAYES | rick NASH
nathan GERBE | brandon PIRRI | pavel BUCHNEVICH
michael GRABNER | marek HRIVIK | jesper FAST
adam TAMBELLINI | maxim LAPIERRE | nicklas JENSEN

LD | RD
nick HOLDEN | kevin KLEIN
ryan GRAVES | chris SUMMERS
john GILMOUR | dylan MCILRATH

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

Raanta-Antti.png

Antti Raanta
*MacKenzie Skapski

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys2.png

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Likely missing this one. Excited to read about how Vesey looks out there.

Grabner - Hrivik - Fast should be a preview of the opening night fourth line.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Players to watch IMO are Vesey, Buch, Pirri, Hrivik, Holden, and Graves.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Can't wait to see what Graves can do. It'll be a good test to see where he's at. Wish they had him paired with a roster d-man, but can't win 'em all. Cool to see what Tambo is looking like, too.

Excited to see Buch in the lineup again. Guessing the coaching staff wants to see him without Zibby and Kreider to see how he does with other players and to see about different roles for him.

Guessing this means that Hrivik, Butcher, McIlrath, and Pirri are getting longer looks and are not necessarily locks, most of which I expected. (Puts Hrivik in with what will likely be the fourth line to see him in that role).

Also gives McIlrath a chance to build off of his good third period and erase some of the sour taste of periods 1 and 2.

Should be a good one.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
LGR!

Very excited about Pirri - I hope that pre sesaon goal boost his confidence and skill - a great summer signing for sure! :)

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Keys for me are seeing if the Hayes line continues to gel well, as well as the continued experiment of Pirri as the PP shooting threat. Will be a bit tougher today as the roster doesn't have many PP guys on it.

If Pirri can be an Ales Kotalik for us that'd be a great contribution considering how cheap we got him.

trench23

Aug 2, 2005
Keys for me are seeing if the Hayes line continues to gel well, as well as the continued experiment of Pirri as the PP shooting threat. Will be a bit tougher today as the roster doesn't have many PP guys on it.

If Pirri can be an Ales Kotalik for us that'd be a great contribution considering how cheap we got him.

Please don't mention that name on this board. k. thanks. :sarcasm:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Can't wait to see what Graves can do. It'll be a good test to see where he's at. Wish they had him paired with a roster d-man, but can't win 'em all. Cool to see what Tambo is looking like, too.

Excited to see Buch in the lineup again. Guessing the coaching staff wants to see him without Zibby and Kreider to see how he does with other players and to see about different roles for him.

Guessing this means that Hrivik, Butcher, McIlrath, and Pirri are getting longer looks and are not necessarily locks, most of which I expected. (Puts Hrivik in with what will likely be the fourth line to see him in that role).

Also gives McIlrath a chance to build off of his good third period and erase some of the sour taste of periods 1 and 2.

Should be a good one.
I think they just want to get Buch as well adjusted to North American ice as possible, I doubt he doesn't make the team

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Nice potential opening roster 4th line trial.

Psyched for Vesey line like I was with the Kreider line.

Buch again.

Some big boys on that blue line tonight.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

I think they just want to get Buch as well adjusted to North American ice as possible, I doubt he doesn't make the team

Agree with EJ - I'm guessing that the spot next to Ziba and Kreider will be Butcher's to lose but they want to get him into as many games as possible. Same as Ziba (though at a completely different "quality" level) Pirri is a shoot-first player, so it be sort of a continuance of a type of a linemate for Butch.

Separately, I'm looking forward to seeing what Vesey can do with Hayes and Nash.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Pulling for Hrivik tonight. Really liked what he did in the first preseason game. Hope he impresses again. He looks like an NHLer!

Also excited to see Vesey and Graves.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Likely missing this one. Excited to read about how Vesey looks out there.

Grabner - Hrivik - Fast should be a preview of the opening night fourth line.

I'd be real happy to see that 4th line assuming Jooris is injured

e: I think Buch seeing more preseason games is an attempt to get him acclimated, not necessarily an attempt to see more of him etc

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Interested in Gilmour and Graves. Free pupper and Russian Doggo are going to need at least 4/6 preseason games each so lots of time for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille