Provorov - what's wrong?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Last year was like when a shitty teacher gives a totally unfair test that the entire class bombs. That test shouldnt count toward their grade the same way last season shouldnt count toward our evaluation of any Flyer. It was an utter shitshow from start to finish. I am not worried about Provy at all. I think he easily gets back to 17-18 form if not better with a real coach.

I am still in favor of signing him long term even if the cap hit initially is a bit rich. Give this guy a 1 or 2 year bridge deal and youre probably going to be paying him an much bigger number after he dominates again this season.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I saw all I needed from him two years ago, including the playoffs. He was amazing. He’s still very young. I don’t know what his ask is but I’d also be ok paying him a little more than expected to get an 8 year deal done.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I saw all I needed from him two years ago, including the playoffs. He was amazing. He’s still very young. I don’t know what his ask is but I’d also be ok paying him a little more than expected to get an 8 year deal done.

He and Ghost were trash that playoff series to be honest. Provt had the shoulder excuse the last 2 games though.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He and Ghost were trash that playoff series to be honest. Provt had the shoulder excuse the last 2 games though.
The whole team was awful that series, so I wouldn’t use that against any individual player.

The most blame goes on Hak, though, as usual. The team is ON FIRE to end the year... so what does he do? Scramble the lines and kill their only chance of having a hope in that series.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The whole team was awful that series, so I wouldn’t use that against any individual player.

The most blame goes on Hak, though, as usual. The team is ON FIRE to end the year... so what does he do? Scramble the lines and kill their only chance of having a hope in that series.

Yeah im not holding it against them. Hak sabotaged the f*** out of us plus goaltending was flaming hot rancid garbage.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Gudas' dumbass blowing up Coots knee didnt help. Pure unadulterated stupidity.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
It would be great to know the bid ask spread on the long term deal. Nhl contracts are guaranteed, he would be set for life at any reasonable salary and he is young enough and good enough to get a second crack at it if he remains healthy.

Reactions: TheKingPin

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Werenski just resigned w/ Columbus. 3Y/15M. Is that a good comparable for Provorov?

As a Jackets' fan I think it is. Zach's numbers are better than Provorov's and he plays top pairing minutes. If reports of Provorov wanting 8mm are true he's in a fantasy world imo.

Reactions: 04hockey and CNote

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
As a Jackets' fan I think it is. Zach's numbers are better than Provorov's and he plays top pairing minutes. If reports of Provorov wanting 8mm are true he's in a fantasy world imo.

…..and Gandler is doing too many recreational pharmaceuticals' :thumbd:

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Werenski just resigned w/ Columbus. 3Y/15M. Is that a good comparable for Provorov?
This is a home run for the Flyers. They have a comparable of course it only works if Provorov is in the bet on himself for this deal mode. If he wants long term we might still be facing 7x7...

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Provorov was not good last year and Werenski was good and played a big role on a team that made noise in the playoffs.

I don't see what Provorov has done to deserve more. I hope the Flyers bridge him for 3 years at 4.75m.
Werenski is not good defensive though

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Provorov was not good last year and Werenski was good and played a big role on a team that made noise in the playoffs.

I don't see what Provorov has done to deserve more. I hope the Flyers bridge him for 3 years at 4.75m.

I don’t think it will play a big role in the end with this deal getting done. But Provorov doesn’t play with Seth Jones. No matter what, his 17 goals or whatever was very impressive for a young Dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00