Provorov - what's wrong?

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
if provy is asking too much, trade him, you need to cap space to pay hart not unless you get rid of jake.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Give him 3x6 bridge deal.

Give TK 6x6, he is legit 1st liner already, he will be beast next season already, he will be 60+ pts player without a time on PP1. Trust me.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Give TK 6x6, he is legit 1st liner already, he will be beast next season already, he will be 60+ pts player without a time on PP1. Trust me.

If Werenski got 3 X $5, I don't think they can justify giving Provy $1 million more per on the same term.

Reactions: TheKingPin

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011

Why? Werenski is generally regarded as the better player and Provorov had a bad year last year. He does not deserve more than 3x5.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
If Werenski got 3 X $5, I don't think they can justify giving Provy $1 million more per on the same term.
Point is that I would be OK with 6M per year for Provy.

I understand your point. But I think that Provy's agent decline 5M per year.

Reactions: Larry44

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Point is that I would be OK with 6M per year for Provy.

I understand your point. But I think that Provy's agent decline 5M per year.

I would not be okay with giving Provorov $1 million more than he is worth. The market is set.

If he wants $6 million, he needs to accept a longer term than 3 years.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I would not be okay with giving Provorov $1 million more than he is worth. The market is set.

If he wants $6 million, he needs to accept a longer term than 3 years.
Our situation is good. We can to give him 6M. I just want him to have in training camp...

We have only 2-3 days only.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Our situation is good. We can to give him 6M. I just want him to have in training camp...

We have only 2-3 days only.

We have 5 key RFAs to sign over the next 2 summers (Patrick, Myers, Hart, Lindblom, Sanheim). Overpaying 1 now sets a bad precedent for the negotiations among those 5. I'd rather he hold out then get overpaid. He will buckle eventually and it will give Sanheim and Ghost more ice time and keep Provy fresh at the end of the season.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
We have 5 key RFAs to sign over the next 2 summers (Patrick, Myers, Hart, Lindblom, Sanheim). Overpaying 1 now sets a bad precedent for the negotiations among those 5. I'd rather he hold out then get overpaid. He will buckle eventually and it will give Sanheim and Ghost more ice time and keep Provy fresh at the end of the season.
It's good point, you are correct.

But still, I would be OK if Provy gets more money than Zach (about 0,5-1M).

We'll see. But I really want to see them both on training camp. And in Prague too! Konecny will be probably my favourite player when Giroux will retire probably...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think what's Provorov is saying between the lines is he feels he's a better player than Werenski, while he understands why he won't get paid more, he wasn't going to sign early and get paid less. So with Werenski signed, Provorov has an "anchor" for his negotiations, "what he got plus one dollar more"

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I think what's Provorov is saying between the lines is he feels he's a better player than Werenski, while he understands why he won't get paid more, he wasn't going to sign early and get paid less. So with Werenski signed, Provorov has an "anchor" for his negotiations, "what he got plus one dollar more"
I always thought Werenski or McAvoy would end up setting the bar for the trio. Looks like Weresnki and his agent blinked.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Tbf, 17 goals would be a career high for most defensemen. Doughty's career high is 16. Keith's is 14.

Like you said, 17 goals is very impressive for a defenseman.

It was sneaky too. I didn’t realize he was getting up there until some way into the season.

Interesting quote from his agent. Maybe he thought Provy was out to lunch too. Otherwise I’d expect something like “werenski is not Ivan Provorov” or something.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad