Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion 20/21 "It Could Have Been Lundell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Can you expand on his game thus far? What's impressed you and what hasn't?

His shot.
I heard good things about his skating, but I don't think it's really a "plus" skill at the NHL level. Kind of reminds me of a smaller version of Johan Franzen, as a youngster. Skates and fires a heavy-ass wrister.
He's only 6'1, but he's 200 pounds (overager by one year). And he apparently has a solid two-way game.
I could see him in a Maltby-esque role one day if he gets more physical and has a good work ethic.

Reactions: lilidk

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Don't college players have to sit out a year if they transfer to another school? Or is this deemed a special occasion where that rule is waived?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Don't college players have to sit out a year if they transfer to another school? Or is this deemed a special occasion where that rule is waived?

Traditionally yes but the NCAA made an exception this year because of COVID. This is an improvement in terms of hockey programs but a step down in terms of academics for him. The point of the one-year rule is to protect coaches from having players recruited off of their rosters by other schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadS

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Traditionally yes but the NCAA made an exception this year because of COVID. This is an improvement in terms of hockey programs but a step down in terms of academics for him. The point of the one-year rule is to protect coaches from having players recruited off of their rosters by other schools.

Yeah those are the transfer rules during covid. Honestly, he might actually have graduated from Union. Generally players sidelined by injury have pretty aggressive schedules so they can stack classes and knock out a bunch of credits. Also some guys come with credits while finishing up in the USHL. He has two years remaining of eligibility, but he could honestly already be working on a graduate degree at his age.

I just hope he can stay healthy and have a good run of things. He has had a lot of hardship over recent years, I really want him to succeed, he is an easy guy to root for given all he has been through. Providence is a really good program.

By the way that both of these cost around 70,000 before aid when I googled them just to see the difference academically is ******* nuts.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Good to see Sebrango at least invited to Canada’s U20 Camp.

Still surprised NHL teams didn’t think Brochu was worth a shot in the 7th round. If that kid grows a few inches he could be a hell of a goalie. Still very young, too.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Good to see Sebrango at least invited to Canada’s U20 Camp.

Still surprised NHL teams didn’t think Brochu was worth a shot in the 7th round. If that kid grows a few inches he could be a hell of a goalie. Still very young, too.

I think he might get picked as an overage guy. With as young as he was for the draft I can see him still growing a little hopefully.

I don't think we are going to be a location for sub 6'2" guys given Stevie's pick of goalies thus far in his GM career. I could be wrong but I think Dwayne Roloson is the shortest goalie he has had.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I think he might get picked as an overage guy. With as young as he was for the draft I can see him still growing a little hopefully.

I don't think we are going to be a location for sub 6'2" guys given Stevie's pick of goalies thus far in his GM career. I could be wrong but I think Dwayne Roloson is the shortest goalie he has had.
Overage?
Edit: I thought you were talking about Sebrango when I didn't see the rest of the post at the bottom,

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Last edited:

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
A little OT but a one time transfer rule is about to be approved soon. I know a majority of schools are against it, but the bigger schools will greatly benefit from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad