Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion 20/21 "It Could Have Been Lundell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Which League is Best?

7fPbLLcrRbLVX3G0WliIelci0yN2RW63MJQotHJd7mgLnBppUq-1VNYILiBtnyz1MC1rhxI7f0i6o2Y9eJE19BX9wZCwjoZ3vIXE4pm0rLxHR_UHxLDTC3gLxQCQDrD0Pf6jE-nzjjQ

1. NHL
2. KHL (Russia)
3. SHL (Sweden)
4. AHL
5. DEL (Germany)
6. NLA (Switzerland)
7. FEL (Finland)
8. Czech
9. Allsvenskan (Sweden 2.)
10. EIHL (Austrian multi-national)
11. NLB (Switzerland 2.)
12. VHL (Russian 2.)
13. OHL (Ontario Hockey League)
14. ECHL
15. Mestis (Finnish 2.)
16. Denmark
17. USHL
18. NCAA
19. SuperElite (Sweden U20)
20. WHL (Western Hockey League)
21. Czech 2nd level
22. MHL (Russia U20)

That's some latest multi-year average. Changes by time. Nothing is set on stone in the order.

NCAA was surprisingly low. I think that's some statistical fluke. On other analysis it has been better. If they have merged all Division levels together, then I understand it being so low. But that Division I level could anywhere between Allsvenskan and ECHL. For sure better than Denmark or Mestis.

ushl above the whl now??

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Interestingly (or not), Horcoff said in a recent Athletic article that he thinks SHL is the 3rd best league.

Link for subscribers: Q&A: The Red Wings' top prospects, Swedish pipeline, Nik Kronwall's impact

What have your thoughts been of Lucas’ start to the season so far in the SHL?
I think it’s been good. The SHL, in my opinion, is probably the third-best league in the world. It’s a high-skilled league, it’s a very good league. And it’s difficult to produce offense in that league.

And Yzerman said SHL is the best developmental league in the world.

KHL has it's problems, and distances are crazy. AHL is craziest for travelling.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And Yzerman said SHL is the best developmental league in the world.

KHL has it's problems, and distances are crazy. AHL is craziest for travelling.

I think it depends on who he is talking to...

“It’s an extremely competitive league, very demanding physically and the schedule can be difficult at times. It’s the closest thing to playing in the NHL outside of the NHL itself. It’s a fantastic league for young players to play in and it’s beneficial for them to spend some time in the AHL if they’re not ready for the NHL, whether they played in college, junior hockey or any of the European leagues previously.”

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Zadina vs Hronek right now on youtube

It doesn't show that Zadina played. Is he hurt again? It would certainly be a good excuse as to why he has 1 assist when his team has scored 9 goals the last 2 games. But it would be frustrating if he is indeed hurt again.

Christien

May 1, 2010
It doesn't show that Zadina played. Is he hurt again? It would certainly be a good excuse as to why he has 1 assist when his team has scored 9 goals the last 2 games. But it would be frustrating if he is indeed hurt again.
I caught a few minutes of that game in the 3rd period and Zadina was out there

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015

Jack Adams transfers from Union College to Providence. Two years left of NCAA eligibility. Cheering for this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad