GDT: Prospect Development Camp 8-10 July 2014

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I wasn't sure on the Perlini pick, but after today, I'm sold. How can a guy the size of Hanzal skate like a Boedker/Lisin?

This dude picks corners as easily as fat kids pick dessert. If you saw a woman as sexy as Perlini's skating, you'd have to apologize to her father the next morning.

In all seriousness, we look to have a gem. We've all experienced our fair share of busts, but for Perlini to fail, it looks that he would have to try realllllly hard to do so. Someone mentioned Lisin and i think that's a PERFECT comparison, except Lisin had ALL the tools....just no tool box. He was good at everything he did, he just didn't know how to utilize his abilities, or when to use them. Perlini has the tools AND the toolbox. He's fast as ****, i mean really fast. Smooth as butter on his skates, think OEL/Boedker/Lisin smooth. His head is always up, he reads the ice like a 13 year old girl reads the Twilight Saga. He's strong on his skates, which is extra appealing. Imagine Perlini majestic as **** skating down the right side wall, with little Edmonton Oilers bouncing off of him the whole way down. If there was such a thing called "leg" wrestling, I'd want to see Hanzal and Perlini faceoff. (TALENT OBSERVATION PURPOSES ONLY, ABSOLUTELY NON-EROTIC.)

Last but certainly not least, the dude is just an all around likeable guy. He seems to have tremendous respect for his future teammates on the ice, great with the media, realistic goals, awesome attitude....the type of guy that is one day going to be creeped the **** out by this bald little man-crush forming ****, just like this instance below.

Great prospect, very excited. Him, Domi, and Samuelsson make for an intriguing future.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I wasn't sure on the Perlini pick, but after today, I'm sold. How can a guy the size of Hanzal skate like a Boedker/Lisin?

This dude picks corners as easily as fat kids pick dessert. If you saw a woman as sexy as Perlini's skating, you'd have to apologize to her father the next morning.

In all seriousness, we look to have a gem. We've all experienced our fair share of busts, but for Perlini to fail, it looks that he would have to try realllllly hard to do so. Someone mentioned Lisin and i think that's a PERFECT comparison, except Lisin had ALL the tools....just no tool box. He was good at everything he did, he just didn't know how to utilize his abilities, or when to use them. Perlini has the tools AND the toolbox. He's fast as ****, i mean really fast. Smooth as butter on his skates, think OEL/Boedker/Lisin smooth. His head is always up, he reads the ice like a 13 year old girl reads the Twilight Saga. He's strong on his skates, which is extra appealing. Imagine Perlini majestic as **** skating down the right side wall, with little Edmonton Oilers bouncing off of him the whole way down. If there was such a thing called "leg" wrestling, I'd want to see Hanzal and Perlini faceoff. (TALENT OBSERVATION PURPOSES ONLY, ABSOLUTELY NON-EROTIC.)

Last but certainly not least, the dude is just an all around likeable guy. He seems to have tremendous respect for his future teammates on the ice, great with the media, realistic goals, awesome attitude....the type of guy that is one day going to be creeped the **** out by this bald little man-crush forming ****, just like this instance below.

Great prospect, very excited. Him, Domi, and Samuelsson make for an intriguing future.

So what you're say is, you think he has a chance to be decent?:sarcasm:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Fellas, I don't know if I can make it tomorrow...I guess I'll have to cough up a lung to get out again. Dentist appointment (cough, cough) on Monday and then I felt extremely ill today around 1:30 (haha).

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I keep trying to find a comparable to Perlini and then it hit me...it's Gaborik...except 2 inches taller.

The kid has got it all, I truly hope for the Coyotes sake that he nears it, it would be nice to have a perennial 30 goal scorer who can occasionally hit 40.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I keep trying to find a comparable to Perlini and then it hit me...it's Gaborik...except 2 inches taller.

The kid has got it all, I truly hope for the Coyotes sake that he nears it, it would be nice to have a perennial 30 goal scorer who can occasionally hit 40.

This team needs an offensive star or two in the worst way. It would help fix a lot of problems for the whole organization. Imagine what kind of impact dropping a young 97 and 7 on to the ice right now would have. Fans would be lining up at the ticket windows and we'd be in the news for the right reasons. I love OEL, Yandle and Doan but they will never have the kind of effect JR and Tkachuk did.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Rabbit you should ask for Brendan's number ^____^

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I have to agree with you guys on Perlini. ^^

When I went yesterday, he was all over the place. The kid can pirouette like a ballerina, which is extremely impressive given his size. He's got offensive instincts, a really good shot, and he's seems pretty adept at getting into position at the right time and place.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Domi was an absolute beast out there yesterday. He's fast AF, and virtually every shot he took, he either scored, or had the goalie beat and hit the crossbar. He really knows how to pick the corners. He was also making really hard tape to tape passes, and seemed surprisingly good at deflecting pucks in front of the net too.

I really think he's going to make the roster this year.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
All of the defenseman prospects underwhelmed me. Nothing they did really stood out offensively, and they didn't really impress me defensively either. KEL can skate like his brother, but he's very small. I have a tough time imagining he'll ever crack the NHL.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This dude picks corners as easily as fat kids pick dessert.
Ok...I admit this caused a literal lol.

As for Perlini, sounds like he's really impressing at camp. Anyone think he has a shot at making the 2015-16 roster?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm happy to see some others coming around on Perlini. He's got the physical abilities along with great vision and hockey sense. The only thing keeping him from dominating games is his confidence, which he will find a lot more consistently this year. The Gaborik comparison is pretty good. My comparison is Blake Wheeler but with more of a shooter's tendency. Brock Otten sees Jeff Carter in him, but Carter could never skate as well as Perlini can.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
As for Perlini, sounds like he's really impressing at camp. Anyone think he has a shot at making the 2015-16 roster?

Needs to dominate juniors to the point where there's nothing left for him to prove, same way Domi did/has.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
He needs to learn how to battle for pucks in the offensive zone, he should go hang out with Samuelsson and Karlsson...they could teach him a thing or two.

Now I know how he scored so often early on last season for Niagara...give this guy any room and it's going to be in the back of your net, later on in the season they probably just said we're going to take him away.

Verhaeghe is coming back as a 19yr old, so he'll be paired with Perlini and if they can get a hard-working player like Karlsson on their line to do the dirty work in the corner to get him the puck, I could definitely see Perlini putting up 100pts.

If he does that I could see him making the squad next season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I'm happy to see some others coming around on Perlini. He's got the physical abilities along with great vision and hockey sense. The only thing keeping him from dominating games is his confidence, which he will find a lot more consistently this year. The Gaborik comparison is pretty good. My comparison is Blake Wheeler but with more of a shooter's tendency. Brock Otten sees Jeff Carter in him, but Carter could never skate as well as Perlini can.

Max Pacioretty?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Just leaving day 2 early. I liked the looks of Westlund. He's big and looked like he read the play pretty well. Someone tried to hit him and pretty much hit a wall and fell. He also moved pretty well with the puck, doing a spin or two. Could be smart/creative, or just wreckless. For a late pick no one had heard of, I liked what I saw from him.

Domi has the talent and great passing but looked to be floating a bit.
Samuelsson is big and physical but probably needs to be quicker.

Perlini always had his head up, especially when he had the puck. Had a long reach and looking to shoot.

#70 made an awful lot of bad plays with the puck.

KEL is too damn small.

Larazza had a nice pass for a tip in goal. I think it was Laplante on the goal.

Nathan Burns scored top corner.

Langhammer looked to be the best of the 3 goalies. Made several nice saves and better rebound control.
The player who impressed me most today was Westlund...kid is huge, looked bigger than HS when they were side-by-side and more than held his own in battles against HS also. He really controls the defensive end well.

Agree on all the Perlini comments; size, skill, speed. Ability to move in/out of the corners for a guy his size was beautiful to see. If he adds some physicality to his game, he should be a star.

indczn

May 28, 2008
The player who impressed me most today was Westlund...kid is huge, looked bigger than HS when they were side-by-side and more than held his own in battles against HS also. He really controls the defensive end well.

Agree on all the Perlini comments; size, skill, speed. Ability to move in/out of the corners for a guy his size was beautiful to see. If he adds some physicality to his game, he should be a star.

For example: Westlund on the keep-in at 25:05. Pretty darn shifty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCl3-kNtVks#t=1502

Thanks SniperHF!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad