GDT: Prospect Development Camp 8-10 July 2014

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Thought I'd start a thread for this.

On-ice sessions taking place July 8-10 at the Ice Den (9375 East Bell Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85260). All on-ice sessions are from 2:15 – 3:45 p.m. and are free and open to the public.

Anyone heading over for the on-ice sessions? I may check it out on Thursday.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Recommend it if you're looking for an excuse to take an afternoon off work. Really enjoyed it last year, and I'd go again if I were in town.

Roster says Perlini, MacInnis, Dvorak, Domi and Samuelsson (listed as a RW?) will be out there, as will the NCAA guys. Not quite sure what to make of:
EKMAN-LARSSON, Kevin D 5-11 165 L Karlskrona, SE Jan. 26, 1995 Tingsryds AIF (Division 1)
... but I look forward to a scouting report if anyone can make it out.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Roster says Perlini, MacInnis, Dvorak, Domi and Samuelsson (listed as a RW?) will be out there, as will the NCAA guys. Not quite sure what to make of:
EKMAN-LARSSON, Kevin D 5-11 165 L Karlskrona, SE Jan. 26, 1995 Tingsryds AIF (Division 1)

Looks like the cloning machine has finally started working.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Yep I'll be there as well. Been going to these for pretty much the last ten years. Great way to beat the heat during the lunch break. Last year was arguably the most fan support I've ever seen at a prospect development camp. Hopefully that continues this year. Go see them live. You really don't get a sense for how quick Domi's first couple of steps are, or how hard Samuelsson shoots until you see it in person. I look forward to watching Perlini skate, and the growth from our past draft picks over the course of this last year. If your planning on only going one day try to attend the last dray of camp. More scrimmaging and players are rusty the first day or two.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Agreed...Domi is lightening quick...and Samuelsson shoots the puck extremely hard, they are definitely worth seeing live...last year was a treat.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I also was quite interested to see another Eckman-Larson in the mix. Hope you guys fill us in on how he does as well. Not a very big guy but that never hurt OEL too much.

And I especially am especially interested in Reider. Just because he is a kind of dark horse who we all hope can step up and take Vrby's place which are big shoes to fill.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Will definitely be there Wednesday and might make it out Thursday too.
Hopefully I can get a better seat this time :laugh:. Last year was pretty packed.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
So uh...anyone go..any word how the prospects look? Maybe one of you perennial attendees can compare last year to this year.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
With Klesla gone does Domi get #16? He looked...off wearing #15.
I've always assumed Domi had a hand in Klesla's mysterious departure last year :sarcasm:

You know which prospects are ready to roll and which ones are still years away based on the number they get at camp. I recall Domi with 15, Murphy with 5 and Gormley with 33 last year, and then there being a ton of 50's and 60's and 70's on the ice.

Got some pucks signed last year and a couple of the kids signed them "Whoever #72" and I remember thinking, "Dude, really? You want to be forever associated with THAT number?" :laugh:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You know which prospects are ready to roll and which ones are still years away based on the number they get at camp. I recall Domi with 15, Murphy with 5 and Gormley with 33 last year, and then there being a ton of 50's and 60's and 70's on the ice.

Yep. All the "bonus babies" get to keep their preferred numbers in camp. The rest take what they're given. Nice pecking order, but at least the fans watching know which ones the organization is most focused upon.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I also was quite interested to see another Eckman-Larson in the mix. Hope you guys fill us in on how he does as well. Not a very big guy but that never hurt OEL too much.

And I especially am especially interested in Reider. Just because he is a kind of dark horse who we all hope can step up and take Vrby's place which are big shoes to fill.

I believe Reider is a RW.

indczn

May 28, 2008
Not impressed with any of the d so far.
None really stood out. Oels brother moves like him but looks rather weak and bit quite the hands. Lebouf is huge.

Lots of puck bobbling and crappy passing from the rest of the first group of d.

Last edited:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Low turnout? Not too surprised given that the Coyotes didn't publicize the event nearly as much as they have in the past.

No there's a crowd I'd imagine 125.

Domi is head and shoulders above everyone else skill wise.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Dauphin, Dauphin, Dauphin?

What about Henrik?

From the little I saw from HS he too is another level above a lot of these guys.

Dauphin, I didn't even see.

I'll be there tomorrow though as well. I'll get a better update. I came late today and only had my phone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->