Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Stuck in the foxhole with you

Yap.

12cd3p.jpg

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
No longer willing to give my time, my energy, support or my money to this team anymore. Just not willing to care about this organization anymore. Not for a second.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Nice to see that the media is by and large catching up to what many have been pointing out for some time...

This management team is in way over their head. Just a matter of time b4 their ineptness forces ownership a hand.

For us fans, it's a question of how much more prime years of peak Price-PK get squandered b4 it gets fixed.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Interesting article.

So, the problem is Price. As long as they keep him, they keep the same mentality and approach and nothing in result changes.

To change their mentality, they would need to move on from Price by trading him for what they can get and then move onto a different play mentality.

A damned if you do, and damned if you don't scenario.

We are fortunate to have a guy like Price, why not leverage this strength? Otherwise, do you want to tank for a few years and hope to score a franchise forward?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He was right on many points though. Like Pierre said there was way too much drama today and the Habs needed to man up and admit they did a poor job this season.

I didn't agree with him on trading PK to the Oilers for offensive help and possibly having Petry as your top pair puck moving defenseman. Patching one big hole on offense while creating an even bigger hole on your defense. Pierre seemed very open to trading PK to the Oilers though it seemed.

Probably because he knows/thinks it's a forgone conclusion that he's headed there.

Edmonton with PK a decent goalie and a couple of odds and ends would be cup contenders.

Montreal without PK become like Edmonton with less offense but world class goaltending.

Unless you rob them blind I.e. 2016 1st, Hall and a top D prospect for PK our 1st + then it's a no go for me.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
I said it in another forum... I'll repeat here. I will not watch another game with MT behind the bench.

MB endorsed him and on the team of no excuses hid behind Carey's injury.

The media questions only alluded to problems which MB explained away ... BS.

I'll be saving money on hockey next year ... more money for golf.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
He was right on many points though. Like Pierre said there was way too much drama today and the Habs needed to man up and admit they did a poor job this season.

I didn't agree with him on trading PK to the Oilers for offensive help and possibly having Petry as your top pair puck moving defenseman. Patching one big hole on offense while creating an even bigger hole on your defense. Pierre seemed very open to trading PK to the Oilers though it seemed.

Did he mention a return? I wouldn't be completely against trading him for a package including Draisatl and Hall, or Draisatl and a top 3 pick. It would create a huge hole on D, but our offence would be among the top in the league.

I don't think Bergevin would accept the deal though unless Matt Hendricks is also coming back.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I said it in another forum... I'll repeat here. I will not watch another game with MT behind the bench.

MB endorsed him and on the team of no excuses hid behind Carey's injury.

The media questions only alluded to problems which MB explained away ... BS.

I'll be saving money on hockey next year ... more money for golf.

In the same boat. I'll be on the phone all summer talking to hockey mens to see which team I'll be watching next season; but it won't be Montreal.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Engles crushed it on Tim and Sid. There's no indication of a direction this teams wants to head towards other than maintaining status quo regardless of record. No accountability/ownership of this season being a failure. Too hard to trade, UFA is not MB's thing, drafting and developing is hard.

Basically, Bergevin's plan is ride out Price's prime years by trying to make playoffs doing little as possible. Doing something to fill team needs is just too hard.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
What was said? Coles notes version...?

I missed it. What did he say?

Sheed touches on a few points.

Essentially the conversation revolved around a few topics from the press conference. You can likely catch it on TSN Montreal's website in the audio section.

Long story short though, although Pierre McGuire is a fan of Bergevin, he kind of alluded to the fact that Bergevin has kind of become a cop out artist of sorts. Also, Jaromir Jagr was brought up again. That's just depressing all on its own.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Short of McJesus himself, you keep Subban. Not only for his on the ice play, but also because he is a marketing departments dream come true! He brings in money and that is the bottom line.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Did he mention a return? I wouldn't be completely against trading him for a package including Draisatl and Hall, or Draisatl and a top 3 pick. It would create a huge hole on D, but our offence would be among the top in the league.

I don't think Bergevin would accept the deal though unless Matt Hendricks is also coming back.

No he said he wouldn't mention any names but asked what the Oilers biggest weakness was and it's a top pairing dman. Then asked what the Oilers had a lot of and which happens to the Habs biggest weakness which is a top line center.

It sounded like more of a hypothetical scenario by Pierre to consider if the Habs were to trade PK and not an actual rumor.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
No he said he wouldn't mention any names but asked what the Oilers biggest weakness was and it's a top pairing dman. Then asked what the Oilers had a lot of and which happens to the Habs biggest weakness which is a top line center.

It sounded like more of a hypothetical scenario by Pierre to consider if the Habs were to trade PK and not an actual rumor.

Yeah, I could be wrong but I don't think he was suggesting the Habs should do that. More of a scenario playing out than anything else.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I understand that the Habs need stability.

I also understand that pinning the problem can take a while. Also, when the **** hits the fan is NOT the time to make critical decisions.

So, I don't think MB will never move. But since it is his first crisis to manage as a GM, its better to take a little more time.

Right now, I give him the benefit of the doubt and I don't see who could do a better job long term.

However... These "hard times" can't last for ever. ( I'm sure MB knows this too... And so does MT).

I'm fairly sure that if something last again next season, MT is gone. But I find it ok for MB to try to create a stable environment during his first dark sequence.

Anyway, I know most of you don't seem to agree but I think that, for now, its for the best.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Bergevin was more of the same but the press was not as cute and cuddly as usual. There were some good questions but disappointing answers from all three. They all looked extremely uncomfortable especially Therrien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad