GDT: Press conference featuring m. Molson, MB and MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
Sure sure, listen to yourself: The best time to fire a coach and put someone new in there, in Montreal of all, is when we're sucking, rifting and full of injured key pieces and unexperienced youth..

Succes!

They'll fire MT within 10-12 games if that's what the players want, count on it. Not that they didn't try already.

full of injuries like when it was only Price and Gallagher?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
There is a lot of BS in this press conference.

Bergevin isn't going to go out and say, the vault is open guys, we're going after scoring help on July 1st. He doesn't want to give agents that ammunition.

Last year's presser: Alex Galchenyuk may never play centre in this league.
Pretty much as soon as his contract was signed, Alex was put at Centre for the first 40 games of the season, and overall played 60+ games at centre.
That may be the case but everyone wanted Therrien fired. Or at the very least Lefebvre.

Come on now.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Don't get why some posters, knowing Therrien just supervised the worst breakdown in Habs history, are predicting he'll be fired if there's a slow start next year.

Toenails could run PK down with his car and he'd still be safe in that foxhole, which has now become a fort.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Somebody should do a mash-up of all his pressers.

you will see the same excuses repeated

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I didn't get to hear the PC fortunately. I'm curious, did anyone ask the coach or GM what they could have done better to insulate the goaltenders from an on ice/strategic perspective once Price went down?

Or what could they have done differently during the Dec. 1 - Feb. 1 stretch where they were 30th in goals scored?
According to MT, they played very well during the 5-20-1 stretch, but a shame they didn't get da results...no kidding, he said that...

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
You guys should remember that these are humans running this team, the Habs, time for a robot, can't go wrong with all that math skills and stuff.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
''if you go to the corner store and buy a $10,000 lotto ticket for a chance to win hundreds of millions, i don't think you will buy it. But if you can buy a $5 ticket for a chance to win, that's what you should do! And that's what i did with Semin''

BargainBin at his best :laugh:

I have to stop watching this he gives me cancer :cry: ****ing moron will provide another soft ''top6'' player that will bust under MT.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/michel-est-l-homme-pour-continuer-1.3247414

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Felt like his response to everything was

"ahem, at the end of the day, Price is the best goalie in the league, at the end of the day, top-6 players weren't available, at the end of the day, would we have liked to make the playoffs? We fell short at the end of the day, but when it comes to the end of the day, MT is the guy you want in your fox hole"

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I had fun picturing some of our fans as the GM at this season end presser and how they'd done with this exact team if they could have.. But in another dimention..

Q: M. God, what can we write for the fans that adores you so much yet are unworthy..

A: Yeah, as expected we won our 4th straight cup but i won't confirm our coach for next season, we did lose 4 games you know.. Also we now know that we don't need Price to win, i'm so trading this bum this off season but you already knew this.. Next Q please..

:sarcasm:

Mad Brills*

A once great franchise in run by french dave nonis and randy carlyle.

A ****ing disgrace.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl

LOOOOOOOOOL

Is this guy for real? Molson WAKE UP.

Yes and no!

Bergevin understands he sucks at getting top 6 players (draft, UFA, trades) because everyone can outbid him and he sucks at the selling pitch. His only option is to go somewhere where he doesn't have much competition so 3rd and 4th line players.

If he needs more goals and the top 6 can't produce more, then only way to score more is to get contribution from the 3rd and 4th line.

With a coach that insists on never cutting his bench (rolling 4 lines), the 3rd and 4th line players get alot more minute and can help the team.

At least the guy has a plan.

As for Molson, he's not really geared for Hockey Ops. He is on the business side and doing a good job. He just put a guy there and trusts him.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Is this sick joke? Did Bergevin actually say this? How does this guy still have a job?

He's planning to add bottom 6'ers who can score to make up for the fact that top6 players are never available.

Marc Bergevin: Visionnaire. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad