GDT: Press conference featuring m. Molson, MB and MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Brills*

Pissing away the prime of this core is arguably as bad as the roy trade in the long run.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
No big surprises at today's presser, eh guys?

Some excellent questions asked and as expected some really lame dodging and non-answers as responses. Tony made Therrien look like the idiot we all know and love to hate. MB cozying up to his RDS buddies and calling them by their first names like they're at a poker game. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. See ya next season, Pals.

Just a bunch of losers talking to hear themselves speak. I'm a Blues fan until somebody picks up this pile of management garbage off the curb across from the Bell Centre and deposits them in the landfill that is the RDS studios.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Pissing away the prime of this core is arguably as bad as the roy trade in the long run.

Exactly. If the GM insists on doing nothing to insulate the best goalie in this league since Brodeur he may as well trade him. Lose with Price, lose without him. What's the difference?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Presser is on the tube.. user is DriveFor25

I dont have the youtube code cuz im watchin it on my PS4

Type the user i named or this to find it: marc bergevin et michel therrien 2015-2016

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No big surprises at today's presser, eh guys?

Some excellent questions asked and as expected some really lame dodging and non-answers as responses. Tony made Therrien look like the idiot we all know and love to hate. MB cozying up to his RDS buddies and calling them by their first names like they're at a poker game. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. See ya next season, Pals.

Just a bunch of losers talking to hear themselves speak. I'm a Blues fan until somebody picks up this pile of management garbage off the curb across from the Bell Centre and deposits them in the landfill that is the RDS studios.
Tony made Therrien look like an idiot? By saying?? Need details...

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
From a psychological perspective, it really looks like Bergy is a full on narcissist... and narcissists generally have a habit of leaving a path of destruction in their wake.

:shakehead

What some of you people see as arrogance and narcisism is really just confidence and pride. MB is really a damn nice guy. Hes liked all over the league by players and management. The only people hating on him are some hab fans.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's stopping price from leaving in 2 years? I'll listen.

Lingering and recurring phantom injury to the lower body limiting his league-wide appeal as he seeks a big payoff on a long-term deal. :sarcasm:

Other than that, why would he want to stay here? But, we're not really privy to his thoughts on this, so how can we definitively say?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The biggest and most damning thing I can take away from today is: I'm embarrassed to be a fan right now. This management has embarrassed me, we're the laughing stock of the league. Toronto Maple Leaf fans are laughing at us. A team that finished 30th and hasn't won a playoff series in who knows how long, has fans that are laughing at us.

Embarrassing indeed.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Bergevin is correct without Price im not sure what he would be doing for a living - Price has kept his career going he would not be sitting in a position of GM of this team without Pricer doing all the work

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
The biggest and most damning thing I can take away from today is: I'm embarrassed to be a fan right now. This management has embarrassed me, we're the laughing stock of the league. Toronto Maple Leaf fans are laughing at us. A team that finished 30th and hasn't won a playoff series in who knows how long, has fans that are laughing at us.

Embarrassing indeed.

and theyre right to laugh at us - this is exactly what we used to laugh at Leafs management for

altho honestly i stopped laughing couple years ago - honestly a decade and a half of leaf fan torture was enough even for me all the hate went right back to the Bruins......honourable mention Ottawa for awhile

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Well listening to the Post-Mortem on CKAC, good thing Dany Dubé is there, he's the only one that seems to be an official mouth-piece for the Habs. Which is kinda funny considering he's the only one in there who is an official mouth-piece for the Habs...

The others are all happy that Therrien is back and saying he deserves it... And Ron saying he'd be happy to give Subban PLUS A PICK for Tarasenko. God damn...

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Tony made Therrien look like an idiot? By saying?? Need details...

Tony asked a few ?s...

Best of them, "Why did DD and Galch get the same average PP time per game when Galch outpaced DD 2.5 to 1 in PP points." MT proceeded to deflect and mention JJD as the PP coach and Ramsey and blah blah blah, we're disappointed in the powerplay and it needs to be better, never once admitting any responsibility for it's failure over the last 3 seasons. This was clearly a rehearsed, PR advised answer. Cowardly, imo.

Then Tony asked, "Even with injuries to Carr, DD, Gallagher etc why did Galchenyuk average less total icetime this season compared to last." MT goes on to say how he's loved Galchenyuk's "progression" since his arrival in the league and he was trying to protect Galch from guys like Shea Weber (?, only example he used wtf) by giving him sheltered minutes and then more deflecting BS blah blah blah.

He never answered any question directly and MB was even interrupting at points to throw his garbage onto the pile. "Easier matchups."

It was embarrassing.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
One other note, we all knew Therrien was going to come back but I gotta say, I'm actually a bit surprised there wasn't a sacrificial lamb within the assistants. I thought for sure Lacroix would get fired, but alas, it's 100% status quo. Although I'm sure there will be some moves this offseason. Bergevin has to know that if you're going to keep your coach and say it's on you, you have to actually do something to turn the attention back to the coach.

Mad Brills*

This was the habs lowest moment since the cammy fiasco trade.

Before that, maybe a decade.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
What boggles my mind about this whole Price thing is how big a bargaining chip they just handed over to Gerry Johannson. He can easily ask for the sun, moon, stars and more.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
What boggles my mind about this whole Price thing is how big a bargaining chip they just handed over to Gerry Johannson. He can easily ask for the sun, moon, stars and more.

Would have anyway. Price is worth 12M to this team.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Tony asked a few ?s...

Best of them, "Why did DD and Galch get the same average PP time per game when Galch outpaced DD 2.5 to 1 in PP points." MT proceeded to deflect and mention JJD as the PP coach and Ramsey and blah blah blah, we're disappointed in the powerplay and it needs to be better, never once admitting any responsibility for it's failure over the last 3 seasons. This was clearly a rehearsed, PR advised answer. Cowardly, imo.

Then Tony asked, "Even with injuries to Carr, DD, Gallagher etc why did Galchenyuk average less total icetime this season compared to last." MT goes on to say how he's loved Galchenyuk's "progression" since his arrival in the league and he was trying to protect Galch from guys like Shea Weber (?, only example he used wtf) by giving him sheltered minutes and then more deflecting BS blah blah blah.

He never answered any question directly and MB was even interrupting at points to throw his garbage onto the pile. "Easier matchups."

It was embarrassing.
Thanks for the info, MT is made of teflon, it's what bothers me the most about this guy. Everyone, players, GM all admit they need to be better, but the coach is all good about his performance, and it's always someone else's fault...always. He is a cowardly leader...:rant:

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
Bergevin is correct without Price im not sure what he would be doing for a living - Price has kept his career going he would not be sitting in a position of GM of this team without Pricer doing all the work

We can say the same for other teams left without a top tier #1 goalie for 3/4 of the season. Not many teams can stay afloat when that happens unless they have a solid backup/powerfull offence. We all need to look at the big picture. This is MB's first bad year as GM. Hes a rookie GM and will make mistakes and will learn from them. You dont fire GMs/coaches after one bad year, especially after a injury plagued season like the one we just went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad