GDT: Press conference featuring m. Molson, MB and MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Eh Guy, who is They? I was talking about the medias, they can't fire these guys, they are talking but that's it..
Ah okay, I see. I misread your post, sorry.

Yup, the media is actually pretty upset. That was the first time in MB's tenure that I've seen sharp questions pointed their way. It was refreshing to see actually. Not that it will do any good but...

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Maybe Bergevin should ask himself why we're so dependent on one player. Yes Carey is important but the Rangers managed to do pretty well when Lundquist was hurt last year. Other teams manage to not be the worst team in the league when they lose their starting goalie.

No excuses my @ss

Lundquist is overated :sarcasm:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's such a shame because I had such high hopes coming into the season. To see how it's panned out and then watch us hang onto MT is just the cherry on top. It just became a whole lot harder to sign some good FAs.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Dale Weise's defensive irresponsibility is likely why he is not longer getting prime minutes anymore. He'll be back with us next season pronto...like in the top 6 as Chucky's goal-scoring winger. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Not sarcastic more like idiotic.

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
giphy.gif

Erase the free market capitalism and thats like the entire Habs organization right now L

#failure

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Lundquist is overated :sarcasm:

Price won every award in the book last year. He made the 30 million dollar defense like like 50 million dollars. Now how did that very same defense **** the bed and make the the goalie look like 2 bits this year??

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It's such a shame because I had such high hopes coming into the season. To see how it's panned out and then watch us hang onto MT is just the cherry on top. It just became a whole lot harder to sign some good FAs.

Honestly, I'm glad. As disappointing as it will be to watch another burn, it's our only hope that change comes. When Bergevin inevitably fails to sign anyone worth mentioning, it'll be the status quo of mediocrity again, except now that teams know without any shadow out doubt how fragile we are without Price. Their entire gameplay will be to expose him, which I suspect will hinder his ability to carry us particularly by himself. Worse, he'll get run constantly now. But in the end, we'll hopefully struggle right from the word go and these incompetent buffoons finally get fired.

Just a shame we'll have wasted three years. And to that I see, **** you, Molson. I hope you lose money next year. Maybe then you'll give a damn.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Honestly, I'm glad. As disappointing as it will be to watch another burn, it's our only hope that change comes. When Bergevin inevitably fails to sign anyone worth mentioning, it'll be the status quo of mediocrity again, except now that teams know without any shadow out doubt how fragile we are without Price. Their entire gameplay will be to expose him, which I suspect will hinder his ability to carry us particularly by himself. Worse, he'll get run constantly now. But in the end, we'll hopefully struggle right from the word go and these incompetent buffoons finally get fired.

Just a shame we'll have wasted three years. And to that I see, **** you, Molson. I hope you lose money next year. Maybe then you'll give a damn.
It's just awful watching this core being wasted. It's like cheering for the '94 Expos.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Well it is what it is.........and I live and die the Montreal Canadiens........so Marc Bergevin you better not disappoint me and lets have a really good offseason............a really really good one.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It's just awful watching this core being wasted. It's like cheering for the '94 Expos.

Yep. We could have been building towards a Chicago given how young our core is. Even if we did change things around fast, we won't get back the three years completely wasted just to get Therrien fired. Granted, at this point, I want Bergevin one just as much. The one minimal defense I can give Therrien, is Bergevin's utter lack of ability to acquire anyone to actually help scoring.

mtl_felix

Sep 10, 2006
Lavaltrie, Quebec
Can anyone recap this quickly? Was it a whole lot of nothing as expected?

Yes it was.

GM is a difficult job, trades are hard, top 6 players are not readily available so he tries and compensate the lack or scoring with bottom 6 players (which makes no sens because there is a finite number of bottom 6 spots and every team has the same cap but whatever), has no regret and no one is accountable, wouldn't be talking with the media today if Price hadn't been injured, ..

oh and most importantly, full confidence in his entire coaching staff (AHL included) with the sole exception of Ramsey.

Also apparently "Markov n'est pas un jeune poulet"

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Cronyism is alive.

Such a shame to see the most talent that has been assembled since the last cup wasted. I'm not even angry anymore.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The single silver lining, tho, is that today, the media were having none of it.

Cantin was probably dreaming about this ever since Bergevin pwned him, earlier this year.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I think this management is worse than Houle. Houle and co were incompetent. These guys are incompetent and throw out excuse after excuse. There is ZERO accountability. That actually upsets me more than anything. These guys are blaming the whole season on Price getting hurt. What a circus. I can't cheer for this iteration of the Habs anymore.

It's hard to get a top 6 player. It's hard to win with injuries. It's hard to win without your MVP. Excuse after ecuse after excuse from a staff that preaches accountability. What a flipping joke.

You stand up for your terrible coach and talk about being in the foxhole with him....along with making excuses for Lefebvre and then won't do the same with PK? This guy is a clown.

I'm proud of the media though. They finally grew a sack and asked some good questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille