Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
12c9w2.jpg

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's a press conference, what do you expect him to say.

Obviously not happy about Therrien & Lefebvre staying but if Boucher is actually hired, that would be a smart back-up plan when Therrien ****s the bed, which is inevitable.

I won't crucify MB for the answers he gave about adding players but I rolled my eyes about the comment where the best players on the team were acquired after he got hired, please. I'll start calling for his head if he actually doesn't sign/acquire anyone proven for the top six. FWIW, I don't necessarily disagree with his approach about the bottom six and compensating the lack of quality in the top six with better third/fourth liners. It's the right mentality to have.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I love Price but is it wrong that I want him to struggle next season to expose this staff for a 2nd straight season?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
It's a press conference, what do you expect him to say.

Obviously not happy about Therrien & Lefebvre staying but if Boucher is actually hired, that would be a smart back-up plan when Therrien ****s the bed, which is inevitable.

I won't crucify MB for the answers he gave about adding players but I rolled my eyes about the comment where the best players on the team were acquired after he got hired, please. I'll start calling for his head if he actually doesn't sign/acquire anyone proven for the top six. FWIW, I don't necessarily disagree with his approach about the bottom six and compensating the lack of quality in the top six with better third/fourth liners. It's the right mentality to have.

No it's not a smart thing to do, you either trust your coach or you don't. And if you don't you fire his ass on the spot.

Hiring someone as a backup plan mean he will inherit Therrien's dream squad when the team is at its lowest point. Rather than getting the fresh start and the proper input as how the team should be build like any new coach would deserve after a disaster of a season.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
this is just stupidity,

how can you sit there and say top 6 forwards are not available?

REALLY?

REALLY?

if we only look at ONE TEAM (Dallas) that right there proves they are available, do i really need to list all the top 6 forwards that have been moved in the past 3-4 years?

how is this nonsense acceptable?

it seems like the more money you make, the more mistakes you can make, but somebody at mcdonalds would get fired because they burned two burgers

Alex514

May 10, 2015
LOL! Its opposite land in Montreal today! Everything that should happen, doesnt, and everything that you would think has no way of happening, actually happens.

This org is so ass backwards. THIS TEAM ALREADY HAS ABOUT 10 BOTTOM SIX FORWARDS. WE DONT NEED MORE.

Bizzaro world.

Its going to be a long summer in Montreal...

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Canadiens keep coach, GM; clearly don't know why team failed

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...ep-coach-gm-clearly-dont-know-why-they-failed

If Price returns healthy next season it is very likely the team can get back into the postseason. He is that good.

But if the Canadiens continue to play the same type of hockey they have played under Therrien the past four years with the same type of roster that has been assembled, they will continue to only go as far as Price can carry them.

And that is the problem with the Montreal Canadiens that nobody in a position of power seems to be willing to admit.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I know this is reaching but he said that the coaching staff would be back but not in what capacity. Still hoping some of the assistants are relegated to positions not behind the bench.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
I know this is reaching but he said that the coaching staff would be back but not in what capacity. Still hoping some of the assistants are relegated to positions not behind the bench.

You're reaching way too far imo. They are all in the chair they were last season. Gotta live with it :(

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Not MT's fault the roster is devoid of both top-end offensive talent and depth. Having four top-6 forwards is simply not good enough. Bergevin has really done little of note in his tenure in Montreal. He's added Petry and who exactly?

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Interesting article.

So, the problem is Price. As long as they keep him, they keep the same mentality and approach and nothing in result changes.

To change their mentality, they would need to move on from Price by trading him for what they can get and then move onto a different play mentality.

A damned if you do, and damned if you don't scenario.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Not MT's fault the roster is devoid of both top-end offensive talent and depth. Having four top-6 forwards is simply not good enough. Bergevin has really done little of note in his tenure in Montreal. He's added Petry and who exactly?

Nobody is criticizing Therrien for that. The roster being piss poor doesn't excuse him making it worse with piss poor decisions himself.

Both are to blame for the mess.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Therrien gets no free pass due to his unconventional and ineffective usage of players and an on-ice strategy fully devoid of logic or adaptivity.

However, he's had garbage to work with this year in the NHL. That's on Bergevin. Dumped a major leader and sparkplug on the team (Prust) and did nothing to solidify the forward group. The bottom-6 should help to provide scoring because or top-6 is weak? Why in the world does Brian Flynn wear a Canadiens jersey? What is DeLaRose doing being called up early? How was Matteau acquired in return for DSP? Too many poor choices and a lack of consistency or stability for guys we're attempting to use to fix the holes.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That McGuire interview with Melnick was depressing to listen to.

He was right on many points though. Like Pierre said there was way too much drama today and the Habs needed to man up and admit they did a poor job this season.

I didn't agree with him on trading PK to the Oilers for offensive help and possibly having Petry as your top pair puck moving defenseman. Patching one big hole on offense while creating an even bigger hole on your defense. Pierre seemed very open to trading PK to the Oilers though it seemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad