May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
G2UCj8y.png

Reactions: RemoAZ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Oh, I also should highlight that Valiquette has lots of neat shot data somewhere (I can find it for you later when I’m not on a tablet) that shows how much shooting percentage goes up with a screen and how certain basic setups with a screen are even more effective than a breakaway!

I'm well aware and linked to an article discussing that very thing. They are generally referring to the type of quick moving screen Hayton set early in this game, not telegraphed shots from the point where the goalie can still react. There's all kinds of heatmap data out there that shows blueline distance shots are generally not what you want to be doing.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hayton has just sort been there. Unless the he's got a guaranteed spot theory is true, he's gonna have to show better in the games to come.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hayton has just sort been there. Unless the he's got a guaranteed spot theory is true, he's gonna have to show better in the games to come.

He is making some smart plays, he's just not going to blow you away with dangle and flash. He's very Stepan-esque.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
A lot of playing that way is mindset not necessarily size. Our guys are just not wired that way for the most part. Chicken is just upset he and Schmaltz looked like idiots on that third goal.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I'm well aware and linked to an article discussing that very thing. They are generally referring to the type of quick moving screen Hayton set early in this game, not telegraphed shots from the point where the goalie can still react. There's all kinds of heatmap data out there that shows blueline distance shots are generally not what you want to be doing.
Valiquette interview here goes into a bit more on where point shots can be effective on the power play. I also would doubt that any one is advocating for shooting all the way from the blue line save maybe something like one of those slap shot passes off the boards to the side of the goalie.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Jenik needs to keep his head up. I can understand why he keeps getting bulled over, he's always looking down.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They are just standing around, already disinterested and out of gas. Vegas is still skating. Predictable outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad