GDT: Preseason Game 1 - Coyotes @ Golden Knights - 1:30 PM - NHLN

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The good parts of the game so far - Fischer looks like a different player from last season, he's hitting, forechecking and holding the puck down low on the cycle...a far cry from his efforts last season.

I love Jenik, but I don't know what to think...is he the guy that likes to get shot out of the cannon without a helmet? I wonder if he's like my couple buddies in the beer league that just stand at center ice and chirp the other team as soon as warm ups begin. He must be doing something for the treatment he's received this entire rookie/main camp preseason games.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I agree that Fischer has looked good, but he also looked good last preseason, and it turned out that was his peak :laugh:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I wouldn’t put as much stock in a discombobulated first preseason game, as many here are seeming to boys.

I honestly don't care at all that Schmaltz is playing like it's a pickup game. I do not want him getting hurt or any other roster player. Enough with that shit. Just stay healthy and be ready for the regular season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This broadcast team has to be bottom of the league. They’re awful to listen to.

Glass houses and all, but yeah. I listen exclusively to away feeds and the Vegas broadcasts are super vanilla.

Reactions: Yandover

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I honestly don't care at all that Schmaltz is playing like it's a pickup game. I do not want him getting hurt or any other roster player. Enough with that ****. Just stay healthy and be ready for the regular season.
Coming off acl surgery it should be expected Schmaltz takes a few games to get up to speed.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Bahl plays like a bitch. For his size he should be bowling over guys out there.

Hinostroza has been excellent.
Hayton is still nothing special.
Fischer has been better than expected.
Chychrun still can’t hit the net.
Crouse looks like shit.

We play like a bunch of p***yes when we face a more physical team.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Can anyone say what type of PP we are using this season? Already I see better zone entries. I would also have preferred that the Coyotes practice their 5 on 4 right now rather than a 6 on 4 in a meaningless game.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Vinnie and Fischer were definitely the best forwards out there. Defense was a trainwreck in general, but that's to be expected when the senior guys were Chychrun and Toasterle. Lyubushkin was terrible.

In case anybody thinks about hovering their finger over the panic button, it's the first game of the preseason.

Reactions: Yandover

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Vegas is having so much fun they're playing some Venga boys/jock jams abomination.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Game was meh from our side, but it's the preseason so no harm no foul.

I am off to bed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad