GDT: Preseason Game 1 - Coyotes @ Golden Knights - 1:30 PM - NHLN

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Chychrun is definitely shooting more. Very Michael Stone esque though where he can't hit the net.

Hinostroza was probably our best player wire to wire.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wouldn’t put as much stock in a discombobulated first preseason game, as many here are seeming to boys.
I think we play six preseason games. I would like us to have our final roster set for the last two or three games to see if we can come out of the gate better.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Vegas board had less than a dozen posts for this. We are seriously thirsty.

Their board just isn't that big really. Even the cup run GDTs weren't that busy.

Where as some of y'all have been hanging around here two forum softwares ago when HF looked like this
upload_2019-9-15_17-24-17.png

:P

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
After watching that hit it is apparent the Coyotes will have to do their own policing. Ferland would have been the right guy to sign. It is annoying watching every year start out the same way. I am glad Fischer went after him but we don't have enough guys like that to settle things down.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
After watching that hit it is apparent the Coyotes will have to do their own policing. Ferland would have been the right guy to sign. It is annoying watching every year start out the same way. I am glad Fischer went after him but we don't have enough guys like that to settle things down.
I don't think Fischer would have done that last year. Hopefully, he got the message from the coaches.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Had a brief spat on Twitter with a Sharks fan who was at the game over that hit.

Like del said, it didn’t seem dirty. More just a dumb play that the league wants to get rid off.

Sharks guy ended up asking me if it had been the other way around how would I feel. I said “the same.... and you?” I wasn’t lying either. As much as I like a good clean hit I don’t want any of our guys making stupid plays like that.

He never answered... just liked the tweet. :laugh:

Reactions: Yandover and Frank8

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Had a brief spat on Twitter with a Sharks fan who was at the game over that hit.

Like del said, it didn’t seem dirty. More just a dumb play that the league wants to get rid off.

Sharks guy ended up asking me if it had been the other way around how would I feel. I said “the same.... and you?” I wasn’t lying either. As much as I like a good clean hit I don’t want any of our guys making stupid plays like that.

He never answered... just liked the tweet. :laugh:
Not dirty and in the old days it would be fine. Now days, you hit somebody in the head like that, its a violation, the player needs to try and avoid head shots.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Not dirty and in the old days it would be fine. Now days, you hit somebody in the head like that, its a violation, the player needs to try and avoid head shots.

The other side of the coin is Ness shouldn’t have had his head down.

Where I saw it as dumb was the VGK player was looking right at him and could clearly see his head was down yet he still leaned into him leading with his shoulder up.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Please tell me I’m not alone and this broadcast looked awful to everyone else. I don’t want to have to buy another tv.
I streamed it from an, err, third party. Stream quality sucked for me, but I assume it was just that stream.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It looked exactly like the upload of the rookie tournament games posted here. I can’t really watch it. Makes me feel sick. Vertigo or something. The commercials also looked terrible. Don’t know if it’s my cable or tv or what.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Why does this broadcast look so awful? It looks like a photo flipbook. It’s making me seasick. Is this another FPS issue?

Yes, low FPS will make you sick. It should be 30 on your TV, which is normal, and 60 everywhere else, which is even better.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
As much as we need size, who do you take out of the lineup to add that player? It sounds like we're already scratching Garland to play Hayton. Not sure it makes sense to scratch someone like Fischer to play a Ferland type. Just have Fischer grow into that role.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

rt

May 13, 2004
Yes, low FPS will make you sick. It should be 30 on your TV, which is normal, and 60 everywhere else, which is even better.
Anyone know whether this was the issue with the television broadcast? More importantly will it be an issue when the season starts and how can i fix this?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Anyone know whether this was the issue with the television broadcast? More importantly will it be an issue when the season starts and how can i fix this?

it was fine for me on cox. Maybe you have that smoothing crap enabled on your tv? That would give you a higher, but false, framerate.

rt

May 13, 2004
it was fine for me on cox. Maybe you have that smoothing crap enabled on your tv? That would give you a higher, but false, framerate.
I was on cox. Maybe I’ll check my tv settings. It’s not a cable setting is it? My kids annihilate the remote controls so only God knows what they’ve done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad